MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Not if our TV ratings remain high.

And after 20 years of "poor continued on-field performances", people keep tuning in to watch UM.

So...no...
Miami did 3 million in a **** bowl at 2pm on a Thursday

and we suck.

for 20 years

that’s our floor

Networks and conferences know when miami either gets better and/or better opponents regularly, ratings will rise markedly

also remember when people spin bs, you have to compare ratings in network tv to network tv, big cable (espn) to big cable, and account for tier 3 **** like accn to itself or similar. Miami plays better, gets better slots and performs well in audience

Advertisement
I know we don't like the Acc, but we have to think this through I think FSU is emotional. Miami needs to lead I think. 1) FSU is big but a far as TV ratings stop its Miami win or loss ppl watch even Clemson FSU was lossing from 17-21'. 2) The TV money is drying up, idk if these big SEC and BIG10 deals will be paid by FoX CBS and Espn/Disney 3) I think streaming might be the future just the right streaming (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Netflix) nobody paying for Peacock just for BIG10 games. Most ppl cutting down to 1 or 2 services max. 4) Either we push Acc to get a streaming deal with a popular streaming platform not Peacock or ... or start our own Conference not joining the BIG10 or SEC which already are crowded and seem to not like us or FSU. You don't want to be a step child in a SEC or Big10 with a 12 team playoff we can grab the best of ACC/AAC (Miami , Clemson, UNC, NCst, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, USF, FSU, VA tech,...) get our own media deal.
Thank you sadly for confirming there is no God because I prayed to God to make the stupid stop in 2024 yet here you are.

boys- feel free to pillage the world- there is no **** other than this thread

What in the actual ****?

This is where you expose your ignorance.

Rutgers is not a "dominant force". Neither is Maryland. ****, neither one of them even gets a full-share revenue-share from the Big 10. They were SUPPOSED TO by now, then it got pushed back.

"Dominant force". Log out and take a year's vacation.

20240104_140102.gif

Dominant relative to us. To quote the announcer in the bowl, "This game is ending the way it started with Rutgers DOMINATING football, DOMINATING the line of scrimmage, with Miami unable to do a thing about it."

Last edited:
Dominant relative to us. To quote the announcer in the bowl, "This game is ending the way it started with Rutgers DOMINATING football, DOMINATING the line of scrimmage, with Miami unable to do a thing about it."

I realize that this is your level of cognizance, that whatever an announcer tells you must be true.

You made such an incredibly dopey post. This thread is about the strength of the PROGRAMS, for conference realignment, and you want to define "dominant force" by one worthless bowl game?

Outside of the first quarter, when we came out flat, our OL and DL play measured up to Rutgers'. We had MULTIPLE short yardage stands where we shut down the mighty "tush push" that nobody else can stop. Rutgers had to run a trick play on one of them.

Rutgers didn't "dominate". Like I said, we came out flat under a QB who hasn't played in over a year, and eked out 6 total yards on the first 2 drives. Rutgers put up 14 before we got off the mat. The rest of the way, it was 24-17 in Miami's favor, INCLUDING a terrible blocked punt that we never should have allowed, as someone should have called a timeout.

I realize that this is your level of cognizance, that whatever an announcer tells you must be true.

You made such an incredibly dopey post. This thread is about the strength of the PROGRAMS, for conference realignment, and you want to define "dominant force" by one worthless bowl game?

Outside of the first quarter, when we came out flat, our OL and DL play measured up to Rutgers'. We had MULTIPLE short yardage stands where we shut down the mighty "tush push" that nobody else can stop. Rutgers had to run a trick play on one of them.

Rutgers didn't "dominate". Like I said, we came out flat under a QB who hasn't played in over a year, and eked out 6 total yards on the first 2 drives. Rutgers put up 14 before we got off the mat. The rest of the way, it was 24-17 in Miami's favor, INCLUDING a terrible blocked punt that we never should have allowed, as someone should have called a timeout.
This is why I voted for you.
slow-clap-applause.gif

Advertisement

When the bagger at Publix asks me if I'm going to watch the Dolphins game and then proceeds to bend my ear about how he thinks the Jets still have a path to take it all, I smile and say, "I guess we'll see."

There are several instances in this thread where you might have considered that approach.

Rutgers wasn't always the dominant force they are now. Same with Maryland. Though Maryland owned us in the ACC. For whatever that is worth.

No, it wouldn't. B1G is full of mid brands (football wise) and cash use another national power (brand wise)
"Rutgers" and "Dominant Force" do not belong in the same sentence. Where the **** did you come up with that. They suck in the B10 and are a crap media draw. You must be from another country that has no actual awareness of American college football.

"Rutgers" and "Dominant Force" do not belong in the same sentence. Where the **** did you come up with that. They suck in the B10 and are a crap media draw. You must be from another country that has no actual awareness of American college football.

Advertisement

So you copy-pasted your "bowl game announcer" post a second time in the Conference Realignment thread?

That was a choice...

Advertisement
******* grow up and grow a pair. A "dominant team" dominates ALL opponents .... it just doesn't squeak out a W against a team missing half of it's DL and playing without a QB. Christ. You must be literally 5 years old.

Advertisement
******* grow up and grow a pair. A "dominant team" dominates ALL opponents .... it just doesn't squeak out a W against a team missing half of it's DL and playing without a QB. Christ. You must be literally 5 years old.
Rutgers had 292 yards to our 311.

Advertisement
Back