MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Nobody leaves until we all do.

Look, no one enjoys being out spent by Big10 and SEC. Individual schools looking for unilateral departure need to cough up half a billion.

If the ACC cannot renegotiate a better deal, it should disband and renegotiate as a new entity.

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

Advertisement
Flaugar or whatever his name is was being fed info from a Minnesota megadonor. Allegedly that contact has dried up and now he doesn’t really know more than anybody else

The good hits the mark most of the time. The great hits the mark all the time. The immortals hit the mark that no one else can see.

I'm with you, OP. Takes courage to lead. UM v SMU can be like the new WrestleMania

Advertisement
I know we don't like the Acc, but we have to think this through I think FSU is emotional. Miami needs to lead I think. 1) FSU is big but a far as TV ratings stop its Miami win or loss ppl watch even Clemson FSU was lossing from 17-21'. 2) The TV money is drying up, idk if these big SEC and BIG10 deals will be paid by FoX CBS and Espn/Disney 3) I think streaming might be the future just the right streaming (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Netflix) nobody paying for Peacock just for BIG10 games. Most ppl cutting down to 1 or 2 services max. 4) Either we push Acc to get a streaming deal with a popular streaming platform not Peacock or ... or start our own Conference not joining the BIG10 or SEC which already are crowded and seem to not like us or FSU. You don't want to be a step child in a SEC or Big10 with a 12 team playoff we can grab the best of ACC/AAC (Miami , Clemson, UNC, NCst, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, USF, FSU, VA tech,...) get our own media deal.
J
F
C

Advertisement
I know we don't like the Acc, but we have to think this through I think FSU is emotional. Miami needs to lead I think. 1) FSU is big but a far as TV ratings stop its Miami win or loss ppl watch even Clemson FSU was lossing from 17-21'. 2) The TV money is drying up, idk if these big SEC and BIG10 deals will be paid by FoX CBS and Espn/Disney 3) I think streaming might be the future just the right streaming (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Netflix) nobody paying for Peacock just for BIG10 games. Most ppl cutting down to 1 or 2 services max. 4) Either we push Acc to get a streaming deal with a popular streaming platform not Peacock or ... or start our own Conference not joining the BIG10 or SEC which already are crowded and seem to not like us or FSU. You don't want to be a step child in a SEC or Big10 with a 12 team playoff we can grab the best of ACC/AAC (Miami , Clemson, UNC, NCst, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, USF, FSU, VA tech,...) get our own media deal.
So basically you are saying you know NOTHING about conference realignment, nothing about the ACC contracts / GOR or the actual media environment in which the B10 and SEC operate ... and you haven't bothered to read ANY of the preceding 700+ pages of commentary on the topic. Please post less.

Advertisement
For the insiders. Would poor continued on-field performances keeps us from going to the BIG10?
Rutgers wasn't always the dominant force they are now. Same with Maryland. Though Maryland owned us in the ACC. For whatever that is worth.

No, it wouldn't. B1G is full of mid brands (football wise) and cash use another national power (brand wise)

For the insiders. Would poor continued on-field performances keeps us from going to the BIG10?
Expectation is that once Miami is part of the B10 programming of big games and $$$ are going to dramatically impact recruiting and Miami will be "back" at least from a visibility standpoint. Winning on the field is expected to come.

Rutgers wasn't always the dominant force they are now. Same with Maryland. Though Maryland owned us in the ACC. For whatever that is worth.

What in the actual ****?

This is where you expose your ignorance.

Rutgers is not a "dominant force". Neither is Maryland. ****, neither one of them even gets a full-share revenue-share from the Big 10. They were SUPPOSED TO by now, then it got pushed back.

"Dominant force". Log out and take a year's vacation.

Advertisement
Back