MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
TIFWIW and that includes huge grains of salt but at its core it’s right in some form

Advertisement
Between Genetics, Flugaur and Swaim, who is legit??
Imo- genetics- has big 10 info and arrogance off the chart. Is broadly educated on tv deals. Has some contacts. Has waffled back and forth in Miami in some from of pecking order but generally on the good guys side. Not wired into sec. Most of acc info comes from warchant types🤷‍♂️ I love how he hates on big 12 though. Our dude voice of college football Miami (and his other shows) has had him on

Flugaur- (genetics dismisses him). Ironically I think he has DEVELOPED some actual contacts from just being in this every day that MAY feed him info from legit sources but he also is just getting a bunch of info from warchant types who hate on Miami regularly from their glass house though he himself tries to stay unbiased and does think Miami is big 10 even if his fsu fan girl thinks we are little brother and is hearing georgia tech- which is bs. Half of his show content is reading others articles on air. I think he has a mildly entertaining show on YouTube about it when you just want to sports radio it. Time will tell. Harmless but whether he has become more than a mouthpiece I don’t really know

Sawin- totally full of ****. Says new predictions every week. One day he will be right. Click bait with a big12 agenda because that’s his radio audience

Blue bloods - the worst - puts out big headlines as if theirs which are realy just regurgitating the above or others and for some reason people come running here with their crap. Double click bait

I mean it’s stirring conversation and it’s off season and genetics when he’s not being an arrogant prick on things he has no info on ( hi dude in case you’re on) does have a lot of smart summarizing at worst and legit part info from some at best.
And flugar is over valued but harmless but probably better today than a year ago.

Just my take.

Last edited:
Genetics is the only one of them that actually:

-Worked at two Big 10 programs out of college and has contacts at every level in most B10 programs.
-Works for a company that provides service TO athletic programs in the B10.
-Is a B10 fan ... Nebraska is his team ... but he lists his priorities "Wife, Children, Big 10".

He is kind of like Mario in recruiting ... passionate and dedicated ... doesn't always get it right but he is acting on information from contacts on situations that admittedly are "fluid".

None Im Thinking No GIF by CBC

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know we don't like the Acc, but we have to think this through I think FSU is emotional. Miami needs to lead I think. 1) FSU is big but a far as TV ratings stop its Miami win or loss ppl watch even Clemson FSU was lossing from 17-21'. 2) The TV money is drying up, idk if these big SEC and BIG10 deals will be paid by FoX CBS and Espn/Disney 3) I think streaming might be the future just the right streaming (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Netflix) nobody paying for Peacock just for BIG10 games. Most ppl cutting down to 1 or 2 services max. 4) Either we push Acc to get a streaming deal with a popular streaming platform not Peacock or ... or start our own Conference not joining the BIG10 or SEC which already are crowded and seem to not like us or FSU. You don't want to be a step child in a SEC or Big10 with a 12 team playoff we can grab the best of ACC/AAC (Miami , Clemson, UNC, NCst, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, USF, FSU, VA tech,...) get our own media deal.

I know we don't like the Acc, but we have to think this through I think FSU is emotional. Miami needs to lead I think. 1) FSU is big but a far as TV ratings stop its Miami win or loss ppl watch even Clemson FSU was lossing from 17-21'. 2) The TV money is drying up, idk if these big SEC and BIG10 deals will be paid by FoX CBS and Espn/Disney 3) I think streaming might be the future just the right streaming (ESPN+, Amazon Prime, Netflix) nobody paying for Peacock just for BIG10 games. Most ppl cutting down to 1 or 2 services max. 4) Either we push Acc to get a streaming deal with a popular streaming platform not Peacock or ... or start our own Conference not joining the BIG10 or SEC which already are crowded and seem to not like us or FSU. You don't want to be a step child in a SEC or Big10 with a 12 team playoff we can grab the best of ACC/AAC (Miami , Clemson, UNC, NCst, Memphis, SMU, Tulane, USF, FSU, VA tech,...) get our own media deal.
Is it evenly remotely possible that you were just born yesterday?

Advertisement
We should start our own sub-division of football while we're at it. Maybe the Championship Super Division? We could change the clock to 14 minute quarters to shorten up the game and create more time for streaming tv ads. Maybe let the players run the team and outlaw corching? And we don't need no stinking Grant of Rights either. That zhitz optional anyway.

Advertisement
Back