MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Sure. Because I'm right. Unlike you.

I'm just waiting for you to tell us about all the caselaw that UPHOLDS multiple different contractual penalties for the same action. Please, oh wise one, tell us about all the jurisdictions that have ALLOWED multiple punitive penalties for choosing to exit an association, when there are already adequate remedies under OTHER documents.

I'll hang up now and listen to your answer.
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day, but you are 0/200 in this thread. On facts, the law and all of your clownish predictions. I admire the consistency. You are the Ken Dorsey of always being wrong.

Interesting tidbit from FSU and their stadium renovations. "As part of the financial report, FSU lists $44.25 million in preliminary conference revenue in 2023. That figure grows to $60.6 million in 2028."

Advertisement
Even a broken clock is correct twice a day, but you are 0/200 in this thread. On facts, the law and all of your clownish predictions. I admire the consistency. You are the Ken Dorsey of always being wrong.

Interesting tidbit from FSU and their stadium renovations. "As part of the financial report, FSU lists $44.25 million in preliminary conference revenue in 2023. That figure grows to $60.6 million in 2028."

Ah, yes, the fraud returns. The guy who claims there is an "ironclad IRREVOCABLE" contract, but can't explain the first thing about how it is enforceable, since the ACC no longer owns our rights.

But, yeah, good job mixing apples and oranges there, genius. We have been having a 600 page discussion on apples (the TV money) and you try to bring up oranges (all the other revenue that the ACC can share, including the ACC Championship game, the ACC basketball tournaments (and baseball/softball tournaments), etc. Merchandise. The CW deal.

Oh, yeah, the ACC is just SWIMMING in money. There is NO REASON to consider jumping to the poverty Big 10 or the broke-*** SEC. Yep, everyone took all your brilliant advice, such as "being smarter about hiring coaches", and now the revenue gap has been narrowed! Hurray! No need to worry, all of our problems have been solved!

What a joke...got any other brilliant ideas that will get us through the cash crunch until 2036?

It won't be the ACC, per say. This is after it dissolves, falters, breaks apart, ends, or whatever happens.

The bold is the plan. It's a group of the schools that are aware that they're being left out or contingency planning. It's something administrators at Duke have pondered for years apparently. Miami is included in talks as a contingency for themselves.

Miami desperately needs FSU and/or Clemson to pick the SEC or be picked by the SEC. If they both do, we might be out in 2025/2026 and part, maybe even all, will be paid for.

Of course Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc. won't leave their conferences. But they're not going to be included when ESPN/FOX says they want the top 40 teams, 2 conferences, and the rest aren't being written into their rights and are kicked from the conference. That's where it's headed.
How long is the lease on Hard Rock Stadium? We definitely won't need it if we're left out of the top 40 schools - we'd struggle to fill a high school stadium.

How long is the lease on Hard Rock Stadium? We definitely won't need it if we're left out of the top 40 schools - we'd struggle to fill a high school stadium.
I believe it runs through and including 2033…. assuming we stay through conclusion of the lease term.

Now a lease may be ironclad but you can usually buy out early just like with the GOR.

IMG_4562.gif

👀

Advertisement
And the SEC being uninterested in Miami.

If there were 10 power conferences, this would be different. But when there are only 2, and one doesn't want you...

I was too depressed to check back into this thread ever since the Stanford/Cal/SMU announcement, only coming back now. It seems like you guys believe we can still break up the ACC. Is that a real possibility still?

I never wanted Miami to be in the SEC. It's academically a piece of shiit conference outside of Vandy and now Texas. I would be ecstatic if we were in the BiG. What I fear is being stuck in a second-tier ACC conference or left out somehow. What are the odds we can get into the BiG vs we're standing without a chair when the music stops?

I can't believe that the NCAA hasn't fought like **** to keep these super conferences from forming. You just know that as soon as the BIG and SEC finish their mega conferences that they're going to tell the NCAA to pound sand and do their own championship etc.

Advertisement
Mopes indeed. Don't even mention Adidas to them.... every visual of Mario, they think he is coloring over the 3 stripe logo...

You're right, it must have been a defective television camera that was unable to pick up the white in the adidas logo. You're so smart...

You're right, it must have been a defective television camera that was unable to pick up the white in the adidas logo. You're so smart...
Wait, I thought this was the conference thread. You guys battle over Nike and jumpman in here too?

Advertisement
View attachment 255197

If Mario took the time to take a sharpie to that Adidas logo on his arm while standing in front of no less than 10 Adidas logos, he needs to refocus his priorities…

So you think adidas did a black-on-black logo for that shirt. Interesting.

Besides, that wasn't the photo we were talking about, it's the one where he is on TV with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr.

Mario can't control the backdrop, but he can control his polo. And he's a control freak.

But, again, I've already acknowledged you are correct. Why are all of the cameras at UM incapable of picking up white logos?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back