MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Yeah, you know me, you know I've hated Frenk from the beginning.

For nearly 100 years, UM has hired/extended UM presidents in 5-year increments. Frenk was hired in 2015 and was due to be replaced in 2020. COVID saved his job.

It now looks like Frenk will ring in UM's Centennial in 2025. After that, I'd be willing to bet that we will have a new president.
If they renewed his contract in 2020, they did it without any announcement at all.

Advertisement
If FSU goes to the SEC, is the rivalry over? If so, wow. Never thought I would see the day when UM vs FSU is over. That would suck.

Whether we want to admit it or not, the second part is the media partners have clearly put them two together as 1a/1b. But outside of USCe and UF’s sentiments, both of those programs and schools are better suited for the SEC and B10, and with no inside knowledge, I can’t imagine a world that is not their final landing spot.

The ONE possible exception is if Clemson's president decides to value potential AAU membership (and academics) over the athletics.

No matter what, we know that F$U has "little brother" syndrome to UiF. But Clemson definitely thinks they are a better school that South Carolina, even if they don't yet have a med school. I think Clemson could be happy in the Big 10 IF IF IF that's what their president decides.

If it was purely a sports decision, then SEC all day, all night. If Clemson wants to elevate its academic reputation, it might end up going Big 10. And don't ignore UNC, they might be the SEC play if Clemson balks. Not saying "llikely", but just keep your eye on it.

If they renewed his contract in 2020, they did it without any announcement at all.

Yeah, I think they kept it fairly quiet. I believe it started out "month-to-month", but at this point I think we are close enough to 2025 that the BOT thinks we can just keep following precedent and bring someone in by then. There will be a whole bunch of "leading us into the next century" bull**** to swallow when they name the new president...

Oh my lord, how long are people going to pull receipts on what happened a year ago?

From the same thread yesterday ...

I've been right about everything for over 600 pages. Indisputable.

Just messing around TOC ... I talk **** in fun, not out of vengeance

Really enjoy your posts (most of 'em anyway).

You seem to know a lot about a lot of things, UM related. Way more than I do or ever will

Advertisement
I do not deny that. But it's not because UM and Clemson are not working together. I've said it before, I'll repeat it, UM and Clemson have been working together to get OUT of the ACC. However, where we land...may be different spots.

Agree from that angle ... all of the so-called Magnificent 7 are aligned on making a jailbreak

Feel like it's a layup that FSU and Clemson will be the next two fish in Sankey's boat

Last edited:
From the same thread yesterday ...

Just messing around TOC ... I talk **** in fun, not out of vengeance

Really enjoy your posts (most of 'em anyway).

You seem to know a lot about a lot of things, UM related. Way more than I do or ever will

It's all good, and I'm being (somewhat) sarcastic.

My point is, we WERE working with Clemson, and still are. Just not in lockstep.

There are a lot of posters FAR WORSE who are constantly complaining about how they were "promised" that Miami and Clemson were operating as identical twins or something similar.

I'm just tired of hearing about it. I wish that we could guarantee ending up in the same conference with Clemson. But the SEC ****ed that up.

If FSU goes to the SEC, is the rivalry over? If so, wow. Never thought I would see the day when UM vs FSU is over. That would suck.

Not if, but when the Noles go to the SEC

And then for sure they dropping us like a bad habit.

It might — or might not — take a couple years, but it's gonna end up that way

The best-case scenario would be something like the UM-uf situation where we play every so often in a home-and-home arrangement.

It is what it is

Not if, but when the Noles go to the SEC

And then for sure they dropping us like a bad habit.

It might — or might not — take a couple years, but it's gonna end up that way

The best-case scenario would be something like the UM-uf situation where we play every so often in a home-and-home arrangement.

It is what it is
Or if it ultimately winds up in the two conferences, if there is something like the Big10/ACC challenge in basketball. I’d think there would be some appetite for a crossover series or permanent rivalry but who knows, especially if they move to 9-10 conference games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Or if it ultimately winds up in the two conferences, I’d there js something like the Big10/ACC challenge in basketball. I’d think there would be some appetite for a crossover series or permanent rivalry but who knows, especially if they move to 9-10 conference games.

Yeah, I've thought about it, too.

An SEC-B1G challenge would be insane. Play 20 or 24 (whatever the number of teams end up being) head-to-head match-ups to involve all the teams from both conferences.

Spread it out over the first couple weeks of the season to maximize TV windows.

Fans and media would go ape **** over it.

Can you imagine something like this to start every season:

Canes vs FSU or UF

Michigan vs. Bama

Ohio State vs. UGA

ND vs. Texas

Penn State vs. LSU

Oregon vs Oklahoma

Washington vs. UF or FSU

And so on ...

What network executive or college football fan wouldn't love something like that?

Last edited:
idk, but Rad on Jose Rose this morning was a BIG ACC pumper... 2nd time on radio he's done that.. not sure if that's just his poker face and he's working behind the scenes, but I can't stand the thought of staying content in the ACC, once the Big2 get going full steam....

idk, but Rad on Jose Rose this morning was a BIG ACC pumper... 2nd time on radio he's done that.

That's the B1G way. Keep your head down, mouth shut and don't create a fuss

USC and UCLA were quiet as mice before they left.

U-Dub and Oregon kept saying good things about the Pac-12 right up until the Big Ten office announced they were joining.

I actually think it's good FSU is kicking up dust and Clemson and UNC voted against the expansion. It's not outlandish to suggest it may tip their hands as far as where they're headed when the inevitable ACC poaching begins

Dissension and the appearance of instability is necessary to implode a league with 13 years remaining on its media rights agreement.

Thought this bit from the Raleigh News & Observer was interesting. It was from the article on North Carolina's game in Charlotte against South Carolina:

"The ruffled feathers over Friday’s vote to add California, Stanford and SMU to the ACC played out in two of UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham’s pregame conversations: a short one with ACC commissioner Jim Phillips, and a longer and very cordial one with SEC commissioner Greg Sankey."

Advertisement
It won't be the ACC, per say. This is after it dissolves, falters, breaks apart, ends, or whatever happens.

The bold is the plan. It's a group of the schools that are aware that they're being left out or contingency planning. It's something administrators at Duke have pondered for years apparently. Miami is included in talks as a contingency for themselves.

Miami desperately needs FSU and/or Clemson to pick the SEC or be picked by the SEC. If they both do, we might be out in 2025/2026 and part, maybe even all, will be paid for.

Of course Vanderbilt, Northwestern, etc. won't leave their conferences. But they're not going to be included when ESPN/FOX says they want the top 40 teams, 2 conferences, and the rest aren't being written into their rights and are kicked from the conference. That's where it's headed.
I actually like the idea of a miniI-Ivy that also is really good athletically, but maybe not quite top 50 Football programs.
Obviously we won’t be in that conference, but I think it makes a **** of a lot of sense. There’s like 6+ Big10 and ACC programs in each, 1 SEC, and maybe a couple others that all would fit really well in that type of conference. That’s be like a solid 14 team conference.

Revenue sports like football and basketball should break away from NCAA and form separate 60 team premier divisions.

There is too much money involved in royalties and tv contracts with individual schools and athletes that has to be managed.
NCAA is worthless..

Advertisement
That's the B1G way. Keep your head down, mouth shut and don't create a fuss

USC and UCLA were quiet as mice before they left.

U-Dub and Oregon kept saying good things about the Pac-12 right up until the Big Ten office announced they were joining.

I actually think it's good FSU is kicking up dust and Clemson and UNC voted against the expansion. It's not outlandish to suggest it may tip their hands as far as where they're headed when the inevitable ACC poaching begins

Dissension and the appearance of instability is necessary to implode a league with 13 years remaining on its media rights agreement.

Thought this bit from the Raleigh News & Observer was interesting. It was from the article on North Carolina's game in Charlotte against South Carolina:

"The ruffled feathers over Friday’s vote to add California, Stanford and SMU to the ACC played out in two of UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham’s pregame conversations: a short one with ACC commissioner Jim Phillips, and a longer and very cordial one with SEC commissioner Greg Sankey."

You hit the nail on the head.

FSU has been poorly run for years, and I couldn’t name another P5 school that promoted their lead booster to be AD.

Let them rattle the cages and cause a scene in the zoo while Clemson and Miami jointly craft their escape in the back

Miami has been communicating with bigten long enough to know the preferred exist strategy, and is playing its part

Advertisement
Back