MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Do we want expansion? Does this make it easier for Miami to leave?
Makes it harder to dissolve the conference ... add two would be 17 total and 9 votes to dissolve. Right now with 15 members takes 8 to dissolve. That is believed to be the lowest cost exit strategy ... vote to dissolve, the $120M exit fee goes away and with no conference it becomes vague if ESPN would have any shot at actually keeping media rights of individual programs since their agreement is WITH the ACC conference.

Do we want expansion? Does this make it easier for Miami to leave?
Like I've said many times. Expansion will be approved under only one of these 2 conditions.

1. A team is added that elevated the whole conference. Like ND.

2. Teams that want to leave are given favorable exit and GOR terms to make it easier for them to leave..then the new teams coming in would help the ACC survive after these other teams leave.

Otherwise, there's no way the ACC expands.

Advertisement
I posted this a couple weeks ago. Iger wants to cement his legacy by finding a buyer for Disney. Disney says there is not much money in broadcasting games like Boston College v Syracuse, so they want to move to a direct subscription model. Basically pay per view. Apple was offering Pac12 20 million per team to stream games. So if Apple does buy Disney/ESPN, they might be willing to change the GOR and have a hybrid model. Acc network would have to go, but no one watches the acc network anyways.

Key problem stopping a deal would be anti trust concerns. Even though apple and Disney have distinct products and services, the Biden admin takes a dim view on mega corporate mergers. It would be tied up in court for years, with decent odds the merger would ultimately get denied. Blackrock is also looking at Disney, so Disney may have more than one interested buyer.
Broadcasters trying to bleed consumers dry is something I've never understood.

Over here if you wanted to watch every domestically broadcast Premier League game you'd have to subscribe to three different providers. People only have a finite amount of money yet these leeches don't care.

Advertisement
Doubtful there will be much more in the way of realignment news this season. I think things kick off again in the Spring and that will be when we hear when we make our move.

Doubtful there will be much more in the way of realignment news this season. I think things kick off again in the Spring and that will be when we hear when we make our move.
I don't know if that's how it will play out, but I sure hope so. It would give Mario a season to put together 9+ wins and bring back a national presence.

Advertisement
Broadcasters trying to bleed consumers dry is something I've never understood.

Over here if you wanted to watch every domestically broadcast Premier League game you'd have to subscribe to three different providers. People only have a finite amount of money yet these leeches don't care.
We’re you on the pitch after Oldham’s equalizer?

1692737746149.png

1692737761900.png

1692737798690.png

This ever get posted?

Advertisement

An idea for yearly conference realignment. Obviously this isn't realistic or a real idea. However, it is entertaining.

Advertisement
Back