MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Manny Navarro today:

"Miami is content being in the ACC and sees expansion as the answer to the TV gap. Are they in favor of uneven revenue sharing for winners? Yes. But they don't necessarily want to part ways with the ACC."

Pretty obvious DanRad and Co. are playing this process close to the vest — like the vast majority of schools not located in Leon County, Fla.

Is Navarro in the ballpark here when he says Miami is "content" in the ACC and views adding Stanford, Cal and SMU as "the answer" to the ACC's ever-increasing media rights shortfall?

To me, bringing in those three schools as a stop-gap measure is band-aid on a bullet hole type ****

Advertisement
Like I've said many times. Expansion will be approved under only one of these 2 conditions.

1. A team is added that elevated the whole conference. Like ND.

2. Teams that want to leave are given favorable exit and GOR terms to make it easier for them to leave..then the new teams coming in would help the ACC survive after these other teams leave.

Otherwise, there's no way the ACC expands.
You never know - nothing would surprise me.

Advertisement
Confused Drama GIF by SuccessionHBO

Manny Navarro today:

"Miami is content being in the ACC and sees expansion as the answer to the TV gap. Are they in favor of uneven revenue sharing for winners? Yes. But they don't necessarily want to part ways with the ACC."

Pretty obvious DanRad and Co. are playing this process close to the vest — like the vast majority of schools not located in Leon County, Fla.

Is Navarro in the ballpark here when he says Miami is "content" in the ACC and views adding Stanford, Cal and SMU as "the answer" to the ACC's ever-increasing media rights shortfall?

To me, bringing in those three schools as a stop-gap measure is band-aid on a bullet hole type ****
Where is the Manny quote from?

Advertisement
Manny Navarro today:

Manny Navarro is beyond clueless with this nonsense. I know for a fact that his first sentence is untrue.

Everything else is just posturing. To avoid legal liability, such as what we got hit with when we left the Big East.

We just need to be squared away, conference-wise, by the 2026 football season, when the yet to be determined postseason format is put in place.

The SEC, B1G and (perhaps to a lesser extent) Big 12 are gonna hog the vast majority of the playoff bids and $2.2B media rights.

Everyone else is getting crumbs.

If they don't like it? Oh well

Manny Navarro is beyond clueless with this nonsense. I know for a fact that his first sentence is untrue.

Everything else is just posturing. To avoid legal liability, such as what we got hit with when we left the Big East.
Yeah. When i read it it sounded like something rad wanted put out there as opposed to being what we really want.

Advertisement

Wait, wait, you mean ESPN was willing to do a FIVE-YEAR grant of rights?

(I'm being sarcastic)

It's pretty easy to figure out that what ESPN "demanded" from the ACC was not met with any sort of scrutiny or skepticism, we just went along with it because we were so far behind in getting the ACCN launched.

If you get into bed with a filthy media partner, don't be surprised when you wake up the next day with herpes and syphillis.

If the ACC is going to add Stanford and Cal, they they should go ahead and add Oregon State and Wash St. Why? Cuts down on travel costs. Leave those 4 as the "western" pod and then thereby reducing the number of cross country trips the teams have to make. Especially for non revenue sports.

Would be nice if Miami becomes a positive story this year like 2017 or even 2020. Not saying its needed but I can’t imagine it wouldn’t have a positive impact on the realignment conversation

Manny Navarro today:

Unless Manny can give us an actual quote, I'm going to remain dubious. It should not go unnoticed that is has been obvious that DanRad aside from the standard AD speak when interviewed has been fairly quiet on this subject.

Advertisement
Back