MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Ever-widening revenue gap?

SEC might be willing to take 2 for 2025?

ACC might get 8 teams together to dissolve the conference?

It's a 600-page thread. Keep up...

🤣
No need to tell people to shut up. You resorting to that just makes you sound like a sore loser. I think everyone wants the same thing which is Miami leaving the ACC. It’s sad to see you get so butthurt over people having a different legal opinion than you. The position you have owned is that, “the GOR is trash.” Well if it was trash, FSU would have already left and so would have Clemson and Miami. So clearly the position you “own” has been proven wrong and you seem to not be handling it well. Don’t worry, you can still keep being the CIS attorney if that makes you feel smart or whatever. With all that being said I hope you’re right and the ACC is dissolved sooner rather than later. Now I’ll shut up.

Advertisement
I haven’t been following this as closely as many of you. What’s happening next year to make this more likely than not?
Too many schools are dissatisfied, and once the first team makes their move, it could/will avalanche from there. Then you add that FOX WANTs this **** to happen asap. ESPN/SEC don't look like they want anything to change in the South East, but once that first school leaves they'll be forced to respond. They can either let the Big10 steal 4 of the top 15 programs in CFB over the last 40 years (Miami, FSU, Clemson, ND... and VTech at 20) - who all get major ratings - or they can take action. The only thing keeping us here currently is the GOR. That is very likely to get challenged sooner than later. But the easier option is just dissolving the conference.

Dissolving Conference takes 8 votes.
100% voting in favor = FSU, Clemson, Miami.
>85% chance will vote in favor (because basically they are guaranteed to gain from it) = UNC and ND
Not going to vote for dissolution = Duke, Wake, Boston College.
The rest of the schools all range from automatic guaranteed yes votes if they have at least a partial P2 invite, to likely yes votes if they at least have B12 invite. only need 3 more votes since FSU, Clemson, Miami, UNC, and ND will be on board.
- VTech - I'd say they are definitely going to get a P2 invite (could be either Big10 or SEC - I'd lean Big10). Not full share.
- UVA - I'd say they are likely going to get a P2 invite (could be either, but I'd say SEC much more likely). Again not full share.
- GTech - Could go either way whether they'll get P2 invite at partial share. I think Big10 is much more likely.
- Louisville - They could be a real sleeper at getting an SEC invite. They get surprisingly good ratings. At worst they are guaranteed a B12 invite - possibly the top B12 target.
- NCSt - They could also get SEC invite, but I'd say not very likely. Rumored to have been vocally against further expansion. Again I think at worst they are getting a B12 invite.
- Syracuse - No chance at B10 or SEC invite. Definitely can see them getting B12 invite. Good market and B12 looks to be going all in for Basketball.

Basically I'd say look for Big10 to expand to 24, B12 to expand to 20, and SEC to either 18 or 20. So that's those 3 conference adding 10+ ACC programs practically guaranteed.

No need to tell people to shut up. You resorting to that just makes you sound like a sore loser. I think everyone wants the same thing which is Miami leaving the ACC. It’s sad to see you get so butthurt over people having a different legal opinion than you. The position you have owned is that, “the GOR is trash.” Well if it was trash, FSU would have already left and so would have Clemson and Miami. So clearly the position you “own” has been proven wrong and you seem to not be handling it well. Don’t worry, you can still keep being the CIS attorney if that makes you feel smart or whatever. With all that being said I hope you’re right and the ACC is dissolved sooner rather than later. Now I’ll shut up.

You are a garbage porster who has been banned previously. You haven't learned your lesson.

Congratulations on your new log-in name and your 19 posts prior to being banned once again. It's inevitable. You can't help yourself.

Not ACC-related, but reading online, FWIW, the PAC4 and the AAC are rumored to be considering a move.

American will dissolve to pay NO exit fees, and 11 AAC teams will receive invites to the PAC. UNT, UAB, UTSA, Rice and FAU will receive lower shares to pay for SDSU, CSU & Boise for a 2025 start.

IMG_4576.jpeg

Advertisement
Everyone here agrees that the ACC sucks, and that teams want to get out.

The question is how do teams that want to leave overcome the hurdle of the grant of rights agreement that seems ironclad? Maybe in the end it isn't and some deal is reached, but no one seems to have a decisive plan on how that's going to work.

If FSU really had a super cereal plan, that would have just left without all the drama. It's all smoke, really.
We need the votes to dissolve the conference. People make decisions based on fear and envy. We just need enough to fear going the way of the PAC teams and envy those going to better conferences.

There is not a chance in the world that all these teams are willing to be underpaid for the next 13 years.

You are a garbage porster who has been banned previously. You haven't learned your lesson.

Congratulations on your new log-in name and your 19 posts prior to being banned once again. It's inevitable. You can't help yourself.
Did you not learn your lesson with the Travis Rudolph case? There were non-lawyers in the thread who thought he would get off. Yes, their reasoning wasn't grounded in legal sense, but you told them, and I quote, " Yeah, that's not happening." Then there were some lawyers (or maybe it was just me) who explained that with the facts presented in that case, it wouldn't be that surprising at all for a jury to let him off. You mostly disregarded it, acting as if your legal opinion trumps all others, and told me to, "just be honest." Well, what happened? Your, "yeah, that's not happening" turned out to be flat-out wrong.

You even pulled out this card in that thread, "Look, between the two of us, which of us went to law school?" Which is so cringe. I hope you don't say that at bars. I'm sorry man, but you (we) are not special because you went to law school. You walk around here like you are Justice Brandeis. I know for whatever reason you take pride in being the CIS lawyer, but your legal opinion isn't worth any more than other random lawyers on here. You are not on SCOTUS. You have 37K posts and counting on CIS. I know you like to show off your legal prowess on CIS, but other lawyers in here see right through you.

And being a garbage poster and getting banned on here previously or in the future is the least of my worries. In the last 4-5 years, I don't think I've made one comment on this site that has anything to do with actual football or recruiting. I'm just a Miami fan who likes to lurk and occasionally comments on legal issues.

Advertisement
Not ACC-related, but reading online, FWIW, the PAC4 and the AAC are rumored to be considering a move.

American will dissolve to pay NO exit fees, and 11 AAC teams will receive invites to the PAC. UNT, UAB, UTSA, Rice and FAU will receive lower shares to pay for SDSU, CSU & Boise for a 2025 start.

View attachment 251312

Those five schools would be dumb to make that deal! And AAC would be willing to dissolve again?

Did you not learn your lesson with the Travis Rudolph case? There were non-lawyers in the thread who thought he would get off. Yes, their reasoning wasn't grounded in legal sense, but you told them, and I quote, " Yeah, that's not happening." Then there were some lawyers (or maybe it was just me) who explained that with the facts presented in that case, it wouldn't be that surprising at all for a jury to let him off. You mostly disregarded it, acting as if your legal opinion trumps all others, and told me to, "just be honest." Well, what happened? Your, "yeah, that's not happening" turned out to be flat-out wrong.

You even pulled out this card in that thread, "Look, between the two of us, which of us went to law school?" Which is so cringe. I hope you don't say that at bars. I'm sorry man, but you (we) are not special because you went to law school. You walk around here like you are Justice Brandeis. I know for whatever reason you take pride in being the CIS lawyer, but your legal opinion isn't worth any more than other random lawyers on here. You are not on SCOTUS. You have 37K posts and counting on CIS. I know you like to show off your legal prowess on CIS, but other lawyers in here see right through you.

And being a garbage poster and getting banned on here previously or in the future is the least of my worries. In the last 4-5 years, I don't think I've made one comment on this site that has anything to do with actual football or recruiting. I'm just a Miami fan who likes to lurk and occasionally comments on legal issues.

So you're going to try again, and you'll be banned again, because you know nothing and you cannot control your worst instincts.

Continue to selectively quote me, and see how that goes.

I always ALWAYS provide for jury nullification. Always. You never underestimate the stupidity of juries. It worked for OJ Simpson and Robert Blake, and it worked for Travis Rudolph.

As I correctly and accurately pointed out, stand-your-ground was not allowed as an affirmative defense. But you're still mad about me pointing out that fact.

I realize you aren't very smart and you conflate different issues. That's fine, that's your brand. And I know you are going to go out and create new screen names to fight old issues. You are pathetic and sad.

At least you can admit that you are back under an alternate name. You want to chase me around and make misleading posts with selective hotlinks, that's up to you. But you're a dishonest person. Because you **** well know that I always say that jury nullification is possible. The combination of jury ignorance and being starstruck over a former third-rate celebrity is a well-known combination. Doesn't take Justice Brandeis to recognize that.

In fairness to @Wario Cristobum there are constant victory laps by many that take it too seriously… they take home run trots on singles and sac flys in these threads…
He's also been around a while without starting conflict and is generally well liked. He's earned the right to mope a bit.

Advertisement

Your link in this discussion points to a post by @supacane.

Who Are You Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back