MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Not ACC-related, but reading online, FWIW, the PAC4 and the AAC are rumored to be considering a move.

American will dissolve to pay NO exit fees, and 11 AAC teams will receive invites to the PAC. UNT, UAB, UTSA, Rice and FAU will receive lower shares to pay for SDSU, CSU & Boise for a 2025 start.

View attachment 251312

Sorry to interrupt the back and forth mudslinging, but that is a terrible conference.

Advertisement
No kidding? You mean a top NYC law firm would never actually hire and promote an attorney that never attended law school?
court not law firm. you can hire whoever you want to play attorney at a firm. it just exposes the firm. in court, it would never work.

You are strawhatting his argument a bit. If you read through his comments, he never says, “nothing will happen until 2036.” Seems to me his point has always been that the GOR is enforceable (while other have argued it’s not) and if teams want to leave the ACC then they’ll have to pay up, and as of now, that doesn’t make financial sense for any of the ACC teams. He says it could eventually make financial sense but probably not anytime soon.
C'mon now. Just saying the GoR is "enforceable" certainly was not the posture of the contingent around here that were/are worshipping daily at the altar of its insurmountable ironclad strength.

The GoR Love Cult taking a victory lap because something didn't happen EARLIER than most people initially anticipated/predicted because FSU artificially moved the goalposts by having a public seizure while defecating themselves isn't any legitimate marker in this debate.

Advertisement
I haven’t been following this as closely as many of you. What’s happening next year to make this more likely than not?
1).Reality that a soon to be $50 million dollar a year media revenue gap isn't a sustainable situation for top programs that want to compete for a). Quality athletes and b). Have a shot at the playoffs and actually winning a championship.

2). Fact that over the past 18 months thousands of AD department and attorney hours have been invested by at least 7-8 programs in evaluating options to get OUT of the ACC.

3). Fact that the Big 10 AND it's media partners want VERY MUCH to establish what they call "the southern tier" of the B10 conference by adding whatever programs out of FSU / Clemson / Miami / Va Tech / UNC they are able to get.

4). Fact that the media partners have ALL initiated some sort of conversations ... horse trading ... regarding HOW this might be accomplished IF the ACC isn't dissolved ... shaping media rights ... sharing media rights ... outright purchase of media rights. Complicated math and it has take time to get to this stage.

5). Realization by many ACC members that aren't the TOP choice by either the B10 / SEC that the B12 has taken a leadership role, compared to the ACC, in becoming the #3 conference right after the emerging B2, and it will most likely be a better place to be for the next 25 years, than the ACC .. so programs that weren't considering leaving this time a year ago are now looking at possibly leaving for the B12 as being a more solid option than remaining.

6). All of the momentum that has been building by AD's, media partners (FOX / CBS / NBC / CBS / ESPN), and the members OF the ACC is going to continue building over the next 6-10 months until clearer options / costs are crystalized and decisions can be made. The lowest cost option for all involved is "the nuclear reboot" which is feasible if the 8-9 programs needed work together and pull the trigger.

There is a 700 page series of inputs on Canesinsight, Warchant has one thread at well over 1000 pages, and @Genetics56, the B10 realignment "guru" has a pretty insightful "B10 Realignment Community" thread on Twitter with background information.

This entire episode of events over the past 18 months is not simply "posturing" by some "twitter guy" or an individual internet journalist looking for "clicks". Every day the actions needed to make it happen are becoming more defined and there will be a point at which the only options to make it happen become decided on and the trigger is pulled. Everything points to that time being in the next 12 months ... for decisions and announcements ... actual "playing dates" in new conferences could be 25 or 26.

Last edited:
Your link in this discussion points to a post by @supacane.

Who Are You Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Lol u remember.

How dumb are you? I post that I think the ACC will emerge stronger and you call me a mope and negative. Can you read? Or do you regard any contrary views as negative.

Sure, sure. Months of mopery, then you dash off a throwaway line and everyone is supposed to crown you Captain Sunshine.

Go back and read your own posts. But first, take an anti-depressant, we don't want you to get suicidal.

Sure, sure. Months of mopery, then you dash off a throwaway line and everyone is supposed to crown you Captain Sunshine.

Go back and read your own posts. But first, take an anti-depressant, we don't want you to get suicidal.
The unfortunate thing is people take truth as being a negative. It holds us back as a people constantly trying to create a delusion.

Advertisement
The unfortunate thing is people take truth as being a negative. It holds us back as a people constantly trying to create a delusion.

Ah, yes, the same old self-important self-delusion that you are a "truth" teller. That you are only being "honest", and are one of the few "honest" ones. That anyone with a more-balanced viewpoint than yourself is not being as "honest" as you are.

Bullcrap.

You are one-note negative. You just keep banging the drum for negativity.

There's a difference. I have posted plenty of negative things, related to Beta Blake, Julio Frenk, prior head coaches, our late-to-be-built facilities, our terribly-long and overly-onerous contracts, etc. And I've also acknowledged positive things that occur, such as hiring a better AD, delegating Frenk's power to Joe and Rudy, hiring better head coaches, retaining good head coaches who had back luck, the construction of good facilities, and the termination or escape of terrible contracts.

People who acknowledge both the good and the bad about UM are not "trying to create a delusion" by pointing out degenerate mopers who refuse to make any positive observations at all.

court not law firm. you can hire whoever you want to play attorney at a firm. it just exposes the firm. in court, it would never work.
It is a freaking FICTIONAL TV SHOW developed around the premise of a young kid with almost supernatural powers of memory and comprehension ... and the premise is about as realistic as Superman. It is for entertainment purposes only. My God. Next thing you will say that Sant Claus isn't real.

It is a freaking FICTIONAL TV SHOW developed around the premise of a young kid with almost supernatural powers of memory and comprehension ... and the premise is about as realistic as Superman. It is for entertainment purposes only. My God. Next thing you will say that Sant Claus isn't real.
You mean it's not possible to hack into both Harvard and the NY Bar association and leave a perfect audit trail that's beyond detection?

But it seemed so realistic.

just like docs hate watching medical dramas, lawyers hate watching legal dramas.

Advertisement
Ah, yes, the same old self-important self-delusion that you are a "truth" teller. That you are only being "honest", and are one of the few "honest" ones. That anyone with a more-balanced viewpoint than yourself is not being as "honest" as you are.

Bullcrap.

You are one-note negative. You just keep banging the drum for negativity.

There's a difference. I have posted plenty of negative things, related to Beta Blake, Julio Frenk, prior head coaches, our late-to-be-built facilities, our terribly-long and overly-onerous contracts, etc. And I've also acknowledged positive things that occur, such as hiring a better AD, delegating Frenk's power to Joe and Rudy, hiring better head coaches, retaining good head coaches who had back luck, the construction of good facilities, and the termination or escape of terrible contracts.

People who acknowledge both the good and the bad about UM are not "trying to create a delusion" by pointing out degenerate mopers who refuse to make any positive observations at all.
I appreciate the longer post. It gives me something to do at work where I can make a face like I'm reading something important. But I couldn't help notice few examples given. Just blanket attacks of negativity. I think every time someone disagrees with me I've acknowledged their points, conceded where necessary, or agreed to disagree.

You generally just call people negative and say ban them. Any contrary view point is bad. You don't debate in the forum the merits of the argument you provoke. I believe that is the definition of a troll.

Like I said, it gives me something to do at work so I'll keep it going.

My sister-in-law, who is a nurse, does the same thing with medical TV shows. She makes fun of us because we like shows like The Good Doctor and The Resident. Like, we know it's not real....it's for entertainment purposes. I've never understood why people can't separate the two.

Advertisement
You mean it's not possible to hack into both Harvard and the NY Bar association and leave a perfect audit trail that's beyond detection?

But it seemed so realistic.
its more so than just that part of the show. it isnt true to practice.

My sister-in-law, who is a nurse, does the same thing with medical TV shows. She makes fun of us because we like shows like The Good Doctor and The Resident. Like, we know it's not real....it's for entertainment purposes. I've never understood why people can't separate the two.
I'm waiting for the doctor show where the surgeon is a resident serial killer who volunteers to operate on death row patients and they live but he goes out and kills people because he can't do it under supervision. I think it has a shot.

the resident fell off completely. not sad it got cancelled though. it ran its course.

Advertisement
Back