MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
The rumor mill said the plans was B10 for the 2026 season, but because of FSU's bluster, it seemed like something might happen earlier. Meanwhile, because nothing happened, even though it likely will before 2026, the naysayers are taking victory laps?

Genuinely curious what you have seen to make you think it’s likely to happen before 2026.

The rumor mill said the plans was B10 for the 2026 season, but because of FSU's bluster, it seemed like something might happen earlier. Meanwhile, because nothing happened, even though it likely will before 2026, the naysayers are taking victory laps?

Everyone here agrees that the ACC sucks, and that teams want to get out.

The question is how do teams that want to leave overcome the hurdle of the grant of rights agreement that seems ironclad? Maybe in the end it isn't and some deal is reached, but no one seems to have a decisive plan on how that's going to work.

If FSU really had a super cereal plan, that would have just left without all the drama. It's all smoke, really.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, because nothing happened, even though it likely will before 2026, the naysayers are taking victory laps?

Yes, because certain people take things way too seriously. So I will claim a premature victory and enjoy the ensuing fireworks.

those who can't drama GIF by truTV

Advertisement
It is a bit different when he says "nothing will happen until 2036," as he did say.
You are strawhatting his argument a bit. If you read through his comments, he never says, “nothing will happen until 2036.” Seems to me his point has always been that the GOR is enforceable (while other have argued it’s not) and if teams want to leave the ACC then they’ll have to pay up, and as of now, that doesn’t make financial sense for any of the ACC teams. He says it could eventually make financial sense but probably not anytime soon.

Advertisement
Let’s negative recruit FSU with “I heard they want to pay the GOR go bankrupt while being an independent school! Good luck with that!”

Agreed RVA, a tip of the cap to the 2023 re-alignment thread winners, @NorthernVirginiaCane for correctly calling Miami/FSU and crew to remain in the ACC, and @calinative umstudent for getting Oregon and Washington to the B1G.
NVACane isn't a thread winner. Announcing we were leaving this year was ALWAYS a stretch prayer. **** if we are being honest even though next year seems more likely than not, even that I would consider ahead of schedule - which I think the vast majority of people had pegged as 2026 being the year.

I’m curious as to what will fundamentally change between now and next month or next year? Will FSU/Clemson raise the money? Will they decide to fight a legal battle against the GOR? Will the big ten or sec deal be lucrative enough to make them willing to pay the fees? An article just reiterating that they really want to leave doesn’t show me which of those options are likely to happen.

Advertisement
NVACane isn't a thread winner. Announcing we were leaving this year was ALWAYS a stretch prayer. **** if we are being honest even though next year seems more likely than not, even that I would consider ahead of schedule - which I think the vast majority of people had pegged as 2026 being the year.
I haven’t been following this as closely as many of you. What’s happening next year to make this more likely than not?

Advertisement
Last edited:
As a lawyer it is funny seeing all the hate @NorthernVirginiaCane received even though all he was doing is giving his legal opinion. 580 page thread and we and everyone else is still in the ACC for the foreseeable future.

Just shut up. He predicted we would be in the ACC until the mid-2030s. That's the position he now owns.

"Legal opinion". He hasn't even read any of the documents.

Advertisement
Back