MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Get out of jail free card? someone needs to create an ACC monopoly game.

1692047561151.png

Advertisement
I can’t wait to hear the spin from FSU when the deadline expires. My guess is they will claim the SEC jumped in at the last minute and asked them to delay leaving for a year. FSU , Clemson, and the North Carolina schools to the SEC. Virginia, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, and anybody but Miami to the Big Ten.
Pretty sure they will claim it’s rigged. that’s how this happens right when you don’t get the vote?

I ran this hypothesis by a friend who is a source on this info, and he gave it a thumbs up as very possible.

18 Big 10 teams next year, organized into 3 6-team pods for scheduling purposes (you play your entire pod each year, and then rotate other teams).

West is USC-UCLA-Washington-Oregon plus Nebraska and Minnesota. Split the remaining 12 teams into 2 pods. Big 10 Championship Game is two best pod-winners.

Six new teams a year or two later. If the Big 10 takes 6 ACC teams, they become a southeastern pod. If Stanford-Cal come in against only 4 ACC teams, then Nebraska-Minnesota move back into "legacy" Big 10 pods, and the Big 10 puts Maryland-Rutgers into the eastern pod. Big 10 Championship Game is two best pod-winners.
Idk I kinda like how they have their schedule now where you get like 2-3 permanent rivals and then you rotate through everyone pretty often. That way we won’t have a situation where we only play a school like USC once every 7 years like we did Clemson..

Like 20 teams that aren’t permanent over 6 remaining conference games on schedule would be rotating through everyone every 4 years at least. Whereas a 6pod would rotate through everyone every 5 years.

6 pods of 4 would probably be better. Then you always play your pod, A second pod, and the two teams that came in same pod rank with half remaining pods… which pods they are always rotated tho

Last edited:
Well if the Big doesn't give the miracle offer to FSU / Clemson Tuesday AND FSU / Clemson are pushing for the SEC, that puts Miami and at least one other ACC program in "next up" position for the Big10. Waiting another year would also increase the probabilities of the B10 taking 4 and the SEC doing the same, which would give us the magic number 8 to dissolve, and the B12 grabs 4 as well, with Wake and BC going regional. Lot of moving parts ... but the most attractive one is the one that has NO ACC conference and no exit fee and a very cloudy GOR.
Also seems like this is the most likely scenario at this point. Unless there are some fireworks in the next 18 hours.

Idk I kinda like how they have their schedule now where you get like 2-3 permanent rivals and then you rotate through everyone pretty often. That way we won’t have a situation where we only play a school like USC once every 7 years like we did Clemson..

Stop it.

They will go to 10 conference games.

Stop inventing problems. You keep looking for random hills to die on.

Advertisement
Stop it.

They will go to 10 conference games.

Stop inventing problems. You keep looking for random hills to die on.
It’s not a random hill to die on lol. I’d prefer to rotate through more teams more often. 10 games would at least make it so we rotate through everyone at least once every 4 years in your 6team division scenario

Also it’s funny you’re saying I invented a prob when it’s literally how the Big10 chose to change their schedule to

It’s not a random hill to die on lol. I’d prefer to rotate through more teams more often. 10 games would at least make it so we rotate through everyone at least once every 4 years in your 6team division scenario

Also it’s funny you’re saying I invented a prob when it’s literally how the Big10 chose to change their schedule to

Nooooo. You invented a problem that didn't exist.

Yes, I realize that the Big 10 had a scenario for a 16 team conference. But the game has changed, and with Washington-Oregon only getting $30M and trying to squeeze the Big 10 for $10M in travel expenses, but only getting $1M, then some changes will be made.

And for weeks, we have talked about the Big 10 (and SEC) playing more conference games (at least 9, probably 10) in order to earn the extra TV money post-expansion, but you IMMEDIATELY had to find fault with my post and act like there would not be a sufficient rotation of games.

You do exactly what @Rellyrell said, you look for an argument against even the most innocuous of posts. I posted a scenario in which a 6-team addition in a year or two would be able to be blended in seamlessly, and you immediately harped on the rotation of teams.

It's your brand. Own it.

Advertisement
Nooooo. You invented a problem that didn't exist.

Yes, I realize that the Big 10 had a scenario for a 16 team conference. But the game has changed, and with Washington-Oregon only getting $30M and trying to squeeze the Big 10 for $10M in travel expenses, but only getting $1M, then some changes will be made.

And for weeks, we have talked about the Big 10 (and SEC) playing more conference games (at least 9, probably 10) in order to earn the extra TV money post-expansion, but you IMMEDIATELY had to find fault with my post and act like there would not be a sufficient rotation of games.

You do exactly what @Rellyrell said, you look for an argument against even the most innocuous of posts. I posted a scenario in which a 6-team addition in a year or two would be able to be blended in seamlessly, and you immediately harped on the rotation of teams.

It's your brand. Own it.
Lol literally all I actually said was I prefer the current method they are using to the pods. I didn’t create any problem. Lol you’re really self defensive about something that isn’t new. It’s not like You had some brand new thought that I **** all over. All I said was I like how they just decided to do it better than be in a pod that forced us to play teams that aren’t important yearly. I’d rather cycle more often. Once again you believe someone else can’t have an opinion different than yours.

Advertisement
What sport are all y'all b'allers gonna follow when Miami is left in the Special Olympics conference?

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you. I am an alum.
Before you go and throw out your diploma, I’ll provide you with a little consolation, since you seem to find your self worth in others education. I was wasted last night when I posted, after returning from partying with some fellow UM buddies I hadn’t seen in years.

I then came across your idiotic post and felt compelled to respond. In hindsight, I should have left it alone and ignored it, as I normally would if I was in my right mind.

However, my point still stands.
If Miami doesn’t get into one of the two conferences, it will be the death of the program as we know it.

After what this fanbase has been through in the last 20 years, there is nothing but die hard fans left. Fans like myself, that still cling to the hope this program can become competitive again.

If we get stuck in the ACC, that hope is gone.

We are not talking about losing a game here and feeling “disappointed”. The program will have nothing but history at that point, They will no longer even have hope of being relevant.

Perhaps, for you that is acceptable.
However, for me it is not.

If it comes to it, I’m sure UM football will still go on without my support and likely couldn’t care less if continue to watch.
So, why should you care what I do with my Saturday’s?
Thank God you were drunk. I wasn't worried about my self-worth. I was worried about the value of my diploma.

You shared what you would be doing (in this case, not doing) on Saturdays. Nobody here, including myself, asked what you would do if the Canes don't make it into one of the Big 2. You offered it. It's a message board. People have opinions and share them.

And again, my point remains the same. I'm old school I guess. You stick with your school through thick and thin. When I was a kid, they nearly quit playing football in Coral Gables and now you're worried because of what conference they may end up in? Just settle down. It will all work out.

Advertisement
Back