MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Judgment day for a lot prognosticators….
The primary wired in "prognosticators" (ie @Genetics56) have already stated that ANY announcement is highly doubtful by FSU / Clemson due to media partners (FOX ESPN) still in talks regarding money issues (GOR buyback / trade / share) and realistic expectations are some ACC teams announcing in time to be playing in another conference by 2025 ... so ... within the next 12 months.

Advertisement
The primary wired in "prognosticators" (ie @Genetics56) have already stated that ANY announcement is highly doubtful by FSU / Clemson due to media partners (FOX ESPN) still in talks regarding money issues (GOR buyback / trade / share) and realistic expectations are some ACC teams announcing in time to be playing in another conference by 2025 ... so ... within the next 12 months.
The world will see deployed a functioning fusion power reactor before ACC dissolves.

q5VgPxwf8gzxyeUJrz.gif

Advertisement
Untrue on all counts.

The funny thing is, you have no idea how many people I've reached out to and made peace with. Because I don't even try to tout it, I just do it.

I even tried with you, and you **** well know it. I made an honest DM effort to speak with you and share information and insight, and now you're calling me a ****. That's your choice.
He has indeed. Passion often leads to mistakes of the heart

So here's a question - if we show signs of life this season does that make us a more attractive proposal, or is this all about media markets?
If we make some noise, we draw big ratings. If we draw big ratings, conferences take note. It's only one data point, but we can at least flash some potential for suitors.

It's why I'm not exactly in a rush for the conference to crumble today. My primary goal is for us to land on our feet, and a good year with strong ratings will only help.

To support this: In 2017, Miami-Wisconsin was the highest rated non-playoff bowl game. Miami was in the top 5 rated games every week from week 10 to 14. They drew top 5 2 other times prior to that as well. When Miami is good, they get eyes.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The amount of people laughing at fsu not realizing that were just as ****ed as they are if we dont get out of the acc is worrying. We need someone, anyone, to blow up this dog**** conference because its clear at this point that our ad and admin dont have the balls to do it.
Your rare, but essential contributions over the last decade, have not gone unnoticed.
fireworks GIF

Advertisement
I'm sure it's been asked and answered but can ACC implode after today & start new conferences in '24??

Yes as to the Big 10. But the SEC has told a few schools "not until 2025" because they claim they have already set their schedules. Which is PART of the reason you will likely see a delay. Let the Big 10 lock in their 2024 schedule as the SEC claims to have done, and then everyone targets 2025 or 2026.

Advertisement
I don't think B1G or SEC wants any part of the ACC. Too much legal baggage. Plus it doesn't add enough value. I think the ACC will emerge as a strong conference grateful that it didn't fall for this desperate scramble.
Well, not everybody can grasp the significance of "national conference" and the value added by the TOP programs such as Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC and Va Tech.

Advertisement
Back