MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I'm a ******* idiot? Your post has the grammar and spelling of an 8 year old (and that is an 8 year old with a learning disability). I hope to God you are not an alum as the value of my diploma would go out the window.

The fact that you would quit watching Hurricane football because they didn't get into one of the big 2 conferences just shows you truly aren't a fan of the program. IF that were to happen, you can be disappointed they didn't get in, be ****ed off at the mismanagement of the program, refuse to buy tickets or donate to the program until management changes, but to quit on the program itself? Bush league and an example of the "fan"base that gets maligned by other programs.
Hate to break it to you. I am an alum.
Before you go and throw out your diploma, I’ll provide you with a little consolation, since you seem to find your self worth in others education. I was wasted last night when I posted, after returning from partying with some fellow UM buddies I hadn’t seen in years.

I then came across your idiotic post and felt compelled to respond. In hindsight, I should have left it alone and ignored it, as I normally would if I was in my right mind.

However, my point still stands.
If Miami doesn’t get into one of the two conferences, it will be the death of the program as we know it.

After what this fanbase has been through in the last 20 years, there is nothing but die hard fans left. Fans like myself, that still cling to the hope this program can become competitive again.

If we get stuck in the ACC, that hope is gone.

We are not talking about losing a game here and feeling “disappointed”. The program will have nothing but history at that point, They will no longer even have hope of being relevant.

Perhaps, for you that is acceptable.
However, for me it is not.

If it comes to it, I’m sure UM football will still go on without my support and likely couldn’t care less if continue to watch.
So, why should you care what I do with my Saturday’s?

Advertisement
This Genetics guy is letting his balls hang. Lets see if he is onto something! Yeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaah
HE personally wants FSU / Clemson / Miami / UNC in the B10 as soon as possible. He is a B10 guy through and through and he doesn't want to see the SEC step up and grab Clemson / FSU. The 8/14 update on Warchant by Dot stated that if the B10 "signal" comes through by 8/15 then FSU would most likely grab it and be able to play in the B10 in 2024 UNLESS the SEC steps up to the plate and makes "a comparable offer" (what that is ... pure speculation by Genetics is that the media partner would be covering rights buyback) then FSU would be playing in the SEC in 2025 due to scheduling issues. Will something happen now? Who knows. Entertaining at the least. (Comment was that the SEC is 'evaluating' FSU / Clemson / UNC / NcSt).

1692033967134.png

Advertisement
Hahahaha Gene just can’t bring himself to say M I A M I - used to watcg his clips with Ferman back in the day the week of FSU. Such a smug condescending dude. Even when fsu was putrid - he still acted like they were better than us

"Smug" and "condescending" are two of the first words that come to mind when I think of Gene "Dot ***" Williams. He is a terrible human being who has entire hard drives filled with nearly-naked pictures of F$U athletes.

Advertisement
His very last comment is at odds with something you said early. Didnt you mention theyd lose voting righta after giving notice? Giving notice only works if youve fully abandoned a conference dissolution plan, so there ia a significant downside to just throwing notice around

Advertisement
Hate to break it to you. I am an alum.
Before you go and throw out your diploma, I’ll provide you with a little consolation, since you seem to find your self worth in others education. I was wasted last night when I posted, after returning from partying with some fellow UM buddies I hadn’t seen in years.

I then came across your idiotic post and felt compelled to respond. In hindsight, I should have left it alone and ignored it, as I normally would if I was in my right mind.

However, my point still stands.
If Miami doesn’t get into one of the two conferences, it will be the death of the program as we know it.

After what this fanbase has been through in the last 20 years, there is nothing but die hard fans left. Fans like myself, that still cling to the hope this program can become competitive again.

If we get stuck in the ACC, that hope is gone.

We are not talking about losing a game here and feeling “disappointed”. The program will have nothing but history at that point, They will no longer even have hope of being relevant.

Perhaps, for you that is acceptable.
However, for me it is not.

If it comes to it, I’m sure UM football will still go on without my support and likely couldn’t care less if continue to watch.
So, why should you care what I do with my Saturday’s?

Basketball still bounces my friend!

His very last comment is at odds with something you said early. Didnt you mention theyd lose voting righta after giving notice? Giving notice only works if youve fully abandoned a conference dissolution plan, so there ia a significant downside to just throwing notice around
The full series of comments by @Genetics includes the position that FOX (media partners) are acquiring the media rights .. so the GOR issue goes away ... and that might include some financed handling of the exit fee as well. He had stated earlier on that FOX wanted to get those 4 programs, and a couple at least might have to put up with a partial share for a few years (but that isn't an issue if THEY are buying back the GOR and paying the exit fee). SPECULATION at it's finest at this point. Kind of like ... instead of a date with Penelope Cruz, it becomes a threesome with her and Salma Hayek.

Advertisement
The full series of comments by @Genetics includes the position that FOX (media partners) are acquiring the media rights .. so the GOR issue goes away ... and that might include some financed handling of the exit fee as well. He had stated earlier on that FOX wanted to get those 4 programs, and a couple at least might have to put up with a partial share for a few years (but that isn't an issue if THEY are buying back the GOR and paying the exit fee). SPECULATION at it's finest at this point. Kind of like ... instead of a date with Penelope Cruz, it becomes a threesome with her and Salma Hayek.

1692036718207.gif

Advertisement
Back