MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

You’re about to get dragged

You don’t know how contract law works

Good luck to you

Nah, he just didn't comprehend what I was saying.

It's no big deal. I understand how this thing works, and why it needs to be challenged and beaten in court.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your post is missing the most important part of of the "ownership of rights." The rights extend to any tv revenue earned outside if the ACC for it's home games for the entirety of the contract.

Effectively, a school is giving away all of it's future revenue in order to leave.

The only feasible way out is for 8 schools voting to disband the ACC.
That is ONE WAY out. Another is via a negotiation process in which neither party (ACC Conference, ESPN, or Miami) suffer dire economic consequences.

-Miami goes to the Big 10 and pays the $120M exit fee ... it exists ... the conference will still exist.
-ESPN then reaches an agreement with the B10 regarding broadcasting UM B10 home games as part of the B10 media group.
-Miami gets the full share call it $70M early on, then Miami pays the ACC Conference $30M for the GOR, and next $40M in the B10.

The net figure increases each year ... in 5 years it will increase to $50M ($100M -$30M). This is a worst case scenario ... target would be to negotiate a lower cost buyout of the GOR.

Your move FSU.

Its been reported multiple times no vote happened, especially not last night. Unless this guy is breaking news, this is just emblematic of the sloppy and imprecise reporting around all of this realignment news. I cant wait for 8/15 to arrive, so we can see where the chips fall and get on to actual football

Advertisement
Not having a vote Is not the same as not counting the votes. They did. They didn’t have enough so they saved a more public optics play and embarrass Stanford and Cal for no reason.

I know and understand @TheOriginalCane ‘s take that no vote happened so maybe Miami is playing coy and thus this being counted as “not a no(but maybe not a yes)” thing but if I’m being honest Miami is at best a player of 4d chess but never 8d. In the old days checkers only. Giving Rad the benefit of being Kasparov here despite signing off on the original suicide pact while at Clemson. We shall see.

Last edited:
Not having a vote Is not the same as not counting the votes. They did. They didn’t have enough do they saved a more public optics play.

I know and understand @TheOriginalCane ‘s take that no vote happened so maybe Miami is playing coy and thus this being counted as “not a no(but maybe not a yes)” thing but if I’m being honest Miami is at best a player of 4d chess but never 8d. In the old days checkers only. Giving Rad the benefit of being Kasparov here despite signing off on the original suicide pact while at Clemson. We shall see.

What level of chess was hiring JD Arteaga after getting a free pass early retirement?

Advertisement
What level of chess was hiring JD Arteaga after getting a free pass early retirement?
no chess

drunk tic tac toe

he also raised Money for a 9 figure football facility. It’s disingenuous for this board to only quote the ****** baseball hire and not getting the other big thing off the ground.

Last edited:
no chess

drunk tic tac toe

he also raised Money for a seven figure football facility. It’s disingenuous for this board to only quote the ****** baseball hire and not getting the other big thing off the ground.

That’s fair and I’m 100 behind the concept of keeping legit score of the wins and losses and asking questions…

Advertisement
Advertisement
The fact that Im agreeing with Andrea Adelson is throwing a real wrench in my day

A live look at Ol' Andrea today....

Screenshot_20230810_195401_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Back