MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
It's sad that a talent like that has a false joke like that about her death.
Is it really thattttt false if you die of obesity induced fatty myocardial degeneration at age 32? At least the joke brings some laughter into the world as opposed to saying she died from "a TON of ham sandwiches".

But as always......I digress.

RIP.

Advertisement
Is it really thattttt false if you die of obesity induced fatty myocardial degeneration at age 32? At least the joke brings some laughter into the world as opposed to saying she died from "a TON of ham sandwiches".

But as always......I digress.

RIP.
Add in a little LSD and some heroin over the previous decade along with several weight loss attempts.

Bingo! Ham strikes again!

No tf I won’t. Lol. Just dealt w/ Taylor Swift being in town & wow! Lol The Stadium could use a break. Lmao
Those shows are going to be interesting down here. Tay Tay has become more and more inclined to wade into politics and those shows are like 2 weeks before the election and probably around when early voting starts. I don't believe she has yet started injecting politics into her shows but it wouldn't surprise me if she did next year. There certainly will be plentyyyy of MAGA-type voters there either as fans themselves (that aren't observing the imminent boycott) or acting as chaperones for their kids (after ignoring the warnings about grooming).

But as always.....I digress.

You never had to worry about this with Mama Cass. The only thing she'd wade into down here was a big Cuban sammich.

If only she gave it to Karen Carpenter.
Episode 5 Burn In Hell GIF by The Simpsons

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude. It's Fox calling the shots. It's about money!
You do realize that the B1G new tv contracts are with 3 networks for football not just Fox.

Secondly, you also need to understand that the University presidents make the decision on which schools get added to the B1G.

Third, 4 B1G school presidents from the AAU board voted Miami into the AAU.

Lastly, it is about the money!!!! AAU research brings in more money each year than the entire revenue of ALL D-1 football and basketball combined!!! There's no way the B1G would let Miami slide to another conference with it's medical research. AAU B1G schools also share research. So, then entire library of research knowledge of all B1G schools is available to each B1G school. The video may be long and somewhat boring, but it shows how important Miami is to the B1G. ND, and UNC as well.

Let that marinade in your brain for a while. Miami will be headed to the B1G. You're welcome!!!

Advertisement
Actually, it's an interesting Catch-22 for ESPN.

First, if ESPN were to actually and effectively argue for the "we own your rights until 2036" position, that would mean that...they actually plan on honoring every word, every punctuation mark, and every space in the original contract.

On the other hand...I highly doubt that ESPN would honor a contract with the ACC after the 8 best teams leave.

Second, here's a very interesting thought experiment...if the BASIS for the monetary "damages" in a GOR case is "well, you forfeit the payments", then what would it mean if...ESPN wants to pay the ACC a lot less money. Bear with me for a moment. If only TWO teams left the ACC, and two replacements were found, then it is POSSIBLE that ESPN could give us the Pac 12 treatment ("we will honor the contract even though you just lost two teams"). But what happens if ESPN decides to pay the ACC less money than before. Now, any additional teams that leave...would be walking away from LESS money, so the argument can be made that this is no longer "35 million times number of years remaining".

This stuff is crazy.

Bottom line, I'm completely in favor of 8 teams giving notice, but I'm not yet QUITE convinced that the Power 2 plus the Big 12 are ready to absorb everyone. People underguesstimate how much alums of the Big 10 (and SEC) schools are already agitating towards their Presidents and ADs about expansion, and how it is "destroying" college sports, even though we all know the real reason is that a lot of people want to maintain the "exclusivity" appearance of their particular conference.
Your post is missing the most important part of of the "ownership of rights." The rights extend to any tv revenue earned outside if the ACC for it's home games for the entirety of the contract.

Effectively, a school is giving away all of it's future revenue in order to leave.

The only feasible way out is for 8 schools voting to disband the ACC.

Your post is missing the most important part of of the "ownership of rights." The rights extend to any tv revenue earned outside if the ACC for it's home games for the entirety of the contract.

Effectively, a school is giving away all of it's future revenue in order to leave.

The only feasible way out is for 8 schools voting to disband the ACC.

You’re about to get dragged

You don’t know how contract law works

Good luck to you

Advertisement
Back