MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Maybe because we are thinking this is all about football and that they want to compete with the SEC for conference supremacy?

But you may have a point. Maybe thats not what they want to do at all lol

Because Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota and then add Virginia? Yeah good luck on that return.

The entire east coast will be sleeping through Big 10 games.

Please, I am begging people...THINK about this...

If the FSU-Clemson-SEC scenario works out...

And you BELIEVE Flugar...

Then you would have to believe that FOX is overriding all the academic stuff...AND taking the "lesser" football school and viewership draw in VIRGNIA...over the last remaing relevant school in FLORIDA, and a school that has SUPERIOR viewership numbers to BOTH North Carolina AND Virginia...and leaving behind all that extra cable carriage money...

People have to stop opening up their gaping tailpipes for every banana coming off the banana boat.

All for some uninformed and/or biased and/or INTENTIONALLY anti-Miami articles...

Come on, now...
Yup I think it’s pretty clear FSU/Clemson going to the SEC would actually make it more likely we land in the B1G. If FSU/Clemson went to the B1G, I’d be nervous they could stop at 20.

Advertisement
Yup I think it’s pretty clear FSU/Clemson going to the SEC would actually make it more likely we land in the B1G. If FSU/Clemson went to the B1G, I’d be nervous they could stop at 20.
Agree 100%. If FSU and Clemson go to B1G then we are screwed big time. Don’t see B1G adding more and we are left out then. As others have said we need to just become a basketball school.

Interesting take…..https://www.on3.com//news/chip-kelly-college-football-become-independent-latest-conference-realignment-shakeups-notre-dame-olympic-sports-travel/

Advertisement

good-great.gif

They don't have a choice at this point. They messed it up signing the GOR. Also back when SEC signed OK and Texas the ACC tried to get something done with PAC at that time but the PAC was arrogant. That backfired on them.
Was that the so called “alliance”?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Clemson guy

Wanna see my surprised face?

"You mean the ACC isn't adding a bunch of teams that not only don't add value, but actually detract value, from an already fracturing conference? I can't believe all the presidents that want to leave the conference didn't vote for that!"

Maybe because we are thinking this is all about football and that they want to compete with the SEC for conference supremacy?

But you may have a point. Maybe thats not what they want to do at all lol

Because Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota and then add Virginia? Yeah good luck on that return.
Everything you say is true.

If this was a "100% academics" decision, UNC and UVa make sense.

If this is a "100% TV" decision, Miami gets in over both of those schools, particularly if F$U goes SEC.

The question is whether the decision will be closer to "academics" or "TV". Thus far, everything the Big 10 has done has indicated that this is a TV decision, particularly prioritizing two NON-AAU schools (F$U-Clemson).
I agree 100%, but I am just saying people who act incredulous that there is no world where the B10 would take UNC and/or UVA over Miami are short sighted. We simply do not know, especially factoring in the half share vs full.

I’ve said this to you in messages but I am extremely uncomfortable by us letting the narrative get away from us. I don’t like it. There is a middle ground between FSU’s approach and ours.

4 schools against
So do all the magnificient 7 really have the same agenda?
It seems like FSU, Clemson and Miami want out.

But does UNC and UVA really want out? I know they are desired if they do leave, but would they rather maintain the ACC since it was their conference from the beginning?

If only 4 schools against, that means there was quite a few votes for adding Stanford, Cal and prolly SMU… doesn‘t seem like alot of momentum to get 8 votes to dissolve.

Advertisement
Back