MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Virginia? BIG already has Maryland. Just go down to south florida and get ya a peace of the pie in the southeast.

This is the latest Warchant update, still can’t say our name.

He has FSU/Clemson trending to the SEC and the next move for the B1G is UNC/UVA according to his “sources”

Walter White Walk GIF by Breaking Bad

I know they refuse to say Miami. With that said, it is also a possibility that UNC and UVA are willing to take 1/2 shares and Miami isn't. I wonder if that is the case and that is how Miami ends up getting locked out of expansion this round.

I know they refuse to say Miami. With that said, it is also a possibility that UNC and UVA are willing to take 1/2 shares and Miami isn't. I wonder if that is the case and that is how Miami ends up getting locked out of expansion this round.
Can't see UNC taking a long-term reduced share based upon their own opinion of their "brand" and with Bubba Cunningham's most recent public posture regarding FSU. They'd realllllly look pathetic bolting with FSU (albeit to a different conference).on the cheap.

I mean if we take a step back without orange and green glasses… Virginia is also a growing state as people move out of DC. But that aside, UVA and UNC are both large state schools with top notch academics and huge alumni bases, and that looks a **** of a lot more similar to the rest of the conference. I’m not saying we don’t get a spot but it’s crazy for people to not understand why these schools are being discussed and that this is a very conceivable outcome.

Advertisement
I mean if we take a step back without orange and green glasses… Virginia is also a growing state as people move out of DC. But that aside, UVA and UNC are both large state schools with top notch academics and huge alumni bases, and that looks a **** of a lot more similar to the rest of the conference. I’m not saying we don’t get a spot but it’s crazy for people to not understand why these schools are being discussed and that this is a very conceivable outcome.
Maybe because we are thinking this is all about football and that they want to compete with the SEC for conference supremacy?

But you may have a point. Maybe thats not what they want to do at all lol

Because Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota and then add Virginia? Yeah good luck on that return.

Last edited:
They already made that play with Maryland and Rutgers, and I don’t think the networks will pay more to pursue that strategy again.

So where do folks think we stand in the current SEC-B1G order of prefernce?

No so long it seems like folks had us a neck and neck for the top sport.

Now?

How much (if one even exists) of a drop is due to FSU bellowing incoherently like your ****-faced uncle after 10 beers at Hooters?

Advertisement

Now?

How much (if one even exists) of a drop is due to FSU bellowing incoherently like your ****-faced uncle after 10 beers at Hooters?
were not getting into the SEC.

its b10 or just drop football and go all in hoops (rejoin the Big East like UCONN did)

Advertisement

Now?

I just have to ask.

How many times do you need to hear that the SEC wants no part of us to actually start believing it?

Guessing UM — just like any other school outside the SEC/B1G — would accept pennies on the dollar if that's what it took for an invitation to one of the top two conferences

Advertisement
Guessing UM — just like any other school outside the SEC/B1G — would accept pennies on the dollar if that's what it took for an invitation to one of the top two conferences
Well I don't think you have been reading a lot of comments in this thread then.

That is the more traditional "conference view" of new candidates ... but the reality is their first two choices (FSU / Clemson) are 100% VIEWER / tv math driven additions. The next best "viewer market addition" is Miami.

I just have to ask.

How many times do you need to hear that the SEC wants no part of us to actually start believing it?

My question is when did the board "consensus" determine the SEC was not an option?

That certainly wasn't the case a few months ago when folks here had us at or near the top of the list for the SEC?

What changed?

Advertisement
Back