MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This is the latest Warchant update, still can’t say our name.

He has FSU/Clemson trending to the SEC and the next move for the B1G is UNC/UVA according to his “sources”

Walter White Walk GIF by Breaking Bad

Is there anything to say?

Advertisement
I wonder if adding Stanford, California and Southern Methodist as members give them full immediate voting rights? If so, the path to dissolution makes it that much harder with these three new members.
Fck yeah it makes it hard

SMU would be ecstatic to join the ACC and the other two are desperate not to get left behind. The ACC is a strong academic conference too so they can probably make a somewhat compelling case for their fit

ND will not join until the mid-2030s at the earliest, and even then, it would have to be because they are slighted in the college football playoff system.

Didn’t they already get slighted? Only conference Champions get byes. That makes it very tough.

Is there anything to say?
That people are just throwing **** against the wall at this point.

Do I believe some people are tapped into the SEC? Absolutely.

Do I believe some people are tapped into the B1G? Absolutely.

Do I believe that any of the people (like FSU's version of Ferman here) we see disseminating fully developed nuggets of info that claim to know the current strategies of BOTH conferences are being honest brokers and not attention/click whores? Absolutely not.

Advertisement

He has FSU/Clemson trending to the SEC and the next move for the B1G is UNC/UVA according to his “sources”

If we’re to believe that academics are less important and the networks are calling the shots based on valuations (I do), I don’t see the networks paying anywhere near a full share for UVA.

If the Noles guy is correct and SEC takes FSU and Clemson and B10 takes UNC and UVA, it seems like we’re the odd ones out.

Where do we go in that scenario?

Starting to feel like it’s more likely that the ACC expands than anyone leaves though :/

Why would Virginia get in before Miami? ESPECIALLY if Florida State goes to the SEC and leaves Miami as the last big school in the state for the taking? UNC I kind of understand but Virginia being more attractive than Miami doesn't make any sense to me.

Advertisement
If the Noles guy is correct and SEC takes FSU and Clemson and B10 takes UNC and UVA, it seems like we’re the odd ones out.

Where do we go in that scenario?

Starting to feel like it’s more likely that the ACC expands than anyone leaves though :/
Do you know how big that “if” is?

maybe I’m wrong but new conference members usually don’t have full voting rights
Or there are enough teams who are afraid they will be totally ****ed if the ACC dissolves (as opposed to mostly ****ed if it survives) and want to bring in more members to keep that avenue closed.

Why would Virginia get in before Miami? ESPECIALLY if Florida State goes to the SEC and leaves Miami as the last big school in the state for the taking? UNC I kind of understand but Virginia being more attractive than Miami doesn't make any sense to me.
Exactly. That's not the move you would make to counter the SEC adding another Florida school AND taking the ACC's current elite program.

That's the move that does make sense though for a clown sitting in Tally that might* be right about FSU and have some leads on Clemson but wants to put out even bigger "info" that goes viral (for the moment).

So what sounds good to someone like that? The B1G taking what he probably deems the 3rd most valuable ACC program in UNC. But he has to pair them with a 2nd program for this "info" to be sellable. So he does the laziest thing possible and just defaults to the B1G's academic reputation. Lemme add UVag in there! They're kinda near some tv markets and their football program is bigger than Dook's and it'd be easier to explain than if I go with VT....

Advertisement
Exactly. That's not the move you would make to counter the SEC adding another Florida school AND taking the ACC's current elite program.

That's the move that does make sense though for a clown sitting in Tally that might* be right about FSU and have some leads on Clemson but wants to put out even bigger "info" that goes viral (for the moment).

So what sounds good to someone like that? The B1G taking what he probably deems the 3rd most valuable ACC program in UNC. But he has to pair them with a 2nd program for this "info" to be sellable. So he does the laziest thing possible and just defaults to the B1G's academic reputation. Lemme add UVag in there! They're kinda near some tv markets and they're football program is bigger than Dook and it'd be easier to explain than if I go with VT....

Isnt gene williams the guy who was obsessed with posting pictures of shirtless football players back in the day?

I can see the SEC wanting FSU and Clemson and ESPN working to make that happen, but if they are able to leave under favorable conditions than wouldn’t that open a precedent for us to leave to b10?

On a side note, if Stanford joins the ACC, Notre Dame should play boston college, Pitt, us, and Stanford every year

I can see the SEC wanting FSU and Clemson and ESPN working to make that happen, but if they are able to leave under favorable conditions than wouldn’t that open a precedent for us to leave to b10?

On a side note, if Stanford joins the ACC, Notre Dame should play boston college, Pitt, us, and Stanford every year
It takes 12 ACC program votes to approve expansion. Hoping that FSU, Clemson, Miami and Va Tech are at least holding strong against expansion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back