MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

That would be an interesting twist but can't imagine it has any truth to it. Didn't they just (or maybe they're about to) sign an agreement with NBC paying them $65M per just for football?
The only logic I can think of is if ESPN is worried about FSU, Clemson, Miami, and others jumping ship, maybe they realize the only way to keep the ACC together is to make a power move and ante up big time for ND (more than the NBC offer). Would keep any ACC teams from getting swiped up by FOX and also keep ND from going to B1G/FOX/NBC down the road. Seems like a pipe dream though.

Advertisement
I wonder if adding Stanford, California and Southern Methodist as members give them full immediate voting rights? If so, the path to dissolution makes it that much harder with these three new members.

It's called "poison pill" for a reason...

Just vote NO on ACC Expansion 2023!

1691615493233.png

Why wouldn't ND just say the exact same thing to the Big10 then lol Then ND would be joining a conference that pays far more, wants them more, has a secure future, has most/all their historical rivals, etc, etc, etc. Big10 would add Stanford and Cal at same price as UO/UW, if it mean they got ND 100% in. **** they'd probably be willing to get Stanford in at that rate eventually regardless...

1. ND has a current agreement with the ACC that IF IF IF they join a conference before 2035, it would be the ACC.
2. ND wants to remain independent in football and use a "scheduling agreement" with either the ACC or Big 10 to guarantee NBC that they will have enough good games to televise.

I've mentioned these things before, keep up.

Advertisement
That’s like the head janitor at Tesla opining on future growth plans for the company
Except the main purpose of a school is not to drive football revenues. They should just break the football teams off into their own conferences/leagues and keep the other sports in conferences that make more sense. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

1. ND has a current agreement with the ACC that IF IF IF they join a conference before 2035, it would be the ACC.
2. ND wants to remain independent in football and use a "scheduling agreement" with either the ACC or Big 10 to guarantee NBC that they will have enough good games to televise.

Try comprehending the reply and how it relates to the original comment before you try adding your two cents lol.

I know at your old age it's tough keeping up, but you should take your own advice. lol once again I can only laugh.

Seriously asking here..

Wouldn't adding 3-4 more teams make it harder to dissolve the ACC in the future, based on the number of votes needed to do it?

These new teams **** sure aren't going to vote in favor of bringing down their new home. So wouldn't it be like adding 3-4 additional "no" votes?

Advertisement
Seriously asking here..

Wouldn't adding 3-4 more teams make it harder to dissolve the ACC in the future, based on the number of votes needed to do it?

These new teams **** sure aren't going to vote in favor of bringing down their new home. So wouldn't it be like adding 3-4 additional "no" votes?
maybe I’m wrong but new conference members usually don’t have full voting rights

Try comprehending the reply and how it relates to the original comment before you try adding your two cents lol.

I know at your old age it's tough keeping up, but you should take your own advice. lol once again I can only laugh.

You fight with people just to fight. It's a waste of time to try to crawl inside your tiny brain to analyze how the reply relates to the original comment.

You were wrong and misguided. That's all I really care about.

Seriously asking here..

1691616061235.png

So ND wants new members in, forces the ACC to stay together, keeps their leverage with the B1G. Their leverage to remain independent would disappear if the ACC did.

Advertisement
Not sure if anyone remembers the NASCAR "lovebug" phase, when you saw a lot of two-car pairings that would get together to aero-push each other. Througout the race, you'd see random pairings, regardless of teammates or friendships.

I kinda feel like we've drafted with Clemson, then FSU, now UNC. VaTech next?

ACC headed for a final laps of Daytona big one….

seriously, how soon before osu*, alabaga and jawja run the numbers and discover they can outdo their conference share if they go it alone? But it'd take a few big time programs all making the jump together and arranging schedules and tv deals together.

maybe I’m wrong but new conference members usually don’t have full voting rights
If you're a member you're a voting member. ND is a full voting member of the ACC and isn't even a full member for football. THEY are trying to pressure other members to vote for expansion ... and they aren't full for FB. This is the most screwed up conference ever conceived.

Advertisement
So ND wants new members in, forces the ACC to stay together, keeps their leverage with the B1G. Their leverage to remain independent would disappear if the ACC did.

Yeah, if the ACC "stays together", it's business-as-usual for ND. If the ACC falls apart, they jump to another host, like in Alien...

1691616273150.png

seriously, how soon before osu*, alabaga and jawja run the numbers and discover they can outdo their conference share if they go it alone? But it'd take a few big time programs all making the jump together and arranging schedules and tv deals together.

Alabama and Georgia would need to take a couple of ****** programs with them, like Florida.

A week ago, I was hoping/looking forward to UM announcing a departure prior go the 15th. Now? I think our best case is all ACC schools stand pat, and we have a good season with high viewership to show our value. Next 6 days are important.

Advertisement
Back