MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Things changed. Three weeks ago according to "most sources" the SE region was the goal for B10 expansion and Miami was on the list of the next 4 to be brought in to the B10 (FSU /Clemson / Miami / UNC). Then the Pac 12 imploded and the B10, with pressure from FOX move up their plans regarding / WA ... instead of grabbing them AFTER the ACC schools they were bumped next into line. Miami will end up in the B10 some day ... not sure if it will be in this decade however the way things are going.

Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough...

Washington and Oregon are taking 30M each. That is actually LESS THAN a half-share. This wasn't just Fox saying "lock up the Pacific NW", this was Fox saying "we can't afford NOT to take Washington-Oregon at those bargain-basement prices".

I guaran-*******-tee you, if UCF and USF offered to take $1 per year for 10 years, the Big 10 would invite those schools in UNDER one week.

Advertisement
I don't think the SEC has an appetite to expand beyond the Southeast. If that's the case they have to dominate the region and cede the rest of the US to the BIG10. But if the BIG10 were to get FSU, Clemson, UNC, and Miami I think that would greatly dilute what the SEC is trying to dominate. The BIG10 could steal eyeballs in both Carolinas and the 3rd biggest state in the country. You could argue the BIG10 would be a much more valuable conference at that point.

I just don't see how the SEC lets Clemson and FSU go to the BIG10. I don't think they care as much about Miami because South Florida is full of Northern/Midwestern transplants anyway.

The BIG10 going after Miami and UVA just seems to fit given the populations of those places and where those people tend to come from. They're "Southern" with lots of Northern ties.

I always go back to this point as well. The second Saban retires the dynamic drastically shifts for SEC football.

The agreement the Big10 made allows Fox to sublease which in this case they are doing to.... ESPN

Not sure, but I don't believe the ACC TV has this deal and while I am sure that ESPN would not mind being able to sublease, I doubt 1) they would want to reopen that TV deal 2) that Fox would be willing to sublease from them.

If true, it could solve the GOR issue for anyone who leaves the ACC.

Advertisement
Lol. I thought the two insiders with plugged in law firm information convinced everyone that (1) they knew the amazing legal theories needed to break an irrevocable assignment and (2) that FSU and Miami were announcing to leave before August 15?

Still waiting.

Are you going to do this every day? "Oh, nothing has happened today, I was right and everyone else was wrong"...

Remember, you said we would all be stuck in the ACC until 2036? You OWN that position, and I will remind you of that for the next 13 years.

Last edited:
Money is not a problem for that folks lol, they only want to sit at the table.

Problem is: for how long the ACC will be a table?

1691616600295.png

Last edited:
Saw some rumors that ND is pushing for SMU/Cal/Stanford to the ACC and would join full time with them. Anyone else saying this? Seems far fetched lol
That would be an interesting twist but can't imagine it has any truth to it. Didn't they just (or maybe they're about to) sign an agreement with NBC paying them $65M per just for football?

Advertisement
Lol. I thought the two insiders with plugged in law firm information convinced everyone that (1) they knew the amazing legal theories needed to break an irrevocable assignment and (2) that FSU and Miami were announcing to leave before August 15?

Still waiting.

I don't care what @RVACane thinks (about me using this emoji)...

🖕

Last edited:
Advertisement
Im going to ******* puke if we get relegated to what amounts to permanent g5 status and we have to watch as UF moonwalks to 10 rings with us and fsu sidelined forever.

Are you privy as to which firms are representing the ACC regarding TV discussions?

I started researching the players involved with the Big12 deal since that was jointly done with Fox and ESPN.

Looking for clues based on the backgrounds of the decision makers at the table

View attachment 250192

I do not know specific names.

But I'm not sure that the ACC is in a great spot, regardless of who they hire.

Now, if I was advising Dan on who to hire to represent THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, I know a very good candidate. He has a lot of love of alma mater, if the UM alums catch my drift.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would Miami take a 75% share I wonder if they could get out of the GOR

I would, ASSUMING we pay zero on the GOR (and assuming we go to full share on the new Big 10 TV deal in a few years).

If any of the ACC teams have to pay damages on the GOR (or a negotiated settlement), it's harder to afford a less-than-full share.

You have to pay for everything somehow...

Advertisement
Back