MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Sipping Tea Time GIF

Since there is no reaction emoji...

🖕

Advertisement
He told me that but it's been reciprocated by others ever since. Only difference is they're not directly pointing at Oregon and Washington being the cause... they think it may be more of a result of what is going on with Miami or the ACC in general as to why they pivoted to those schools.

Nah, it was the 50% discount.

Publix BOGO.

Advertisement
Interesting Warchant update by one of the site mods who is getting some leaked comments from the various meetings that have been going on in Tallahassee over the past 2 days. He is saying there have been more discussions with the SEC and he believes that FSU / Clemson are going to end up in the ACC and he "heard" comments that the B10 is now 'targeting' UNC / UVA. Sounds bogus to me regarding UNC / UVA.

What happened to CHANGE the landscape so fast was the implosion of the Pac 12 due to not having a decent media deal. The B10 ORIGINAL PLAN was to expand to the SE, potentially 4 teams, ideally FSU/ Clemson / Miami / UNC as that brought new geographic expansion and top viewership. THEN in 6-7 years take Oregon and Washington (which have significantly less viewers). Then BAM the Pac 12 imploded and OR / WA called the B10 begging and agreed to go and take a reduced share. THAT is what prompted this current stalemate regarding a potential spot for UM. If FSU / Clemson go to the SEC then Miami has a spot in the B10. It is that simple.

This is what we have to remember.

The Big 10 hasn't spent years laying the groundwork to expand into the southeast, only to walk away in 6 days with nothing to show for it, and pretty much handing the power to the SEC to expand on their own schedule.

This is literally what three conferences (one super-strong, one dead, one dying) did with Texas.

Interesting Warchant update by one of the site mods who is getting some leaked comments from the various meetings that have been going on in Tallahassee over the past 2 days. He is saying there have been more discussions with the SEC and he believes that FSU / Clemson are going to end up in the ACC and he "heard" comments that the B10 is now 'targeting' UNC / UVA. Sounds bogus to me regarding UNC / UVA.
So it is no longer about eyeballs then if this is the case.

Advertisement
You are a liar. Flat out liar. You want to challenge me to pull receipts...OK...that will not end well for you.

Go back to your posts from around May 15th. I realize that was 300 pages ago, but it's there. You were NOT arguing that Oregon-Washington were "better that GaTech/UVa", you were arguing that Oregon-Washington were worth more than half the Big 10, as well as UNC and VaTech and deserved to get a Big 10 invitation (which, AT THAT TIME, would have been full-share). I realize you "later" acknowledged that Oregon/Washington might make it in if the Big 10 went to 24 or 32 teams, but that was after I mocked you.

Here is just ONE of your many pro-Oregon/Washington rants from 3 months ago.

But, sure, I just imagined this all...

View attachment 250179
Uh I stand by that statement lol wtf are you even arguing about.

Advertisement
My God, dude. You’re wrong. Earning on merit is based on an accomplishment. We haven’t accomplished **** in years. We’re living off of 2001 still. We’re living off our brand from ions ago and that’s starting to look like Fordham in the 60’s.

@IndayArtHauz I can’t. His arguing every fricking thing will cause me to jump off a bridge to escape.

At this time I’m flipping my commitment from the @calinative umstudent Hilltoppers to the @TheOriginalCane Ballgaggers. Please respect my decision. 🙏

1691609402049.png

The Washington-Oregon situation wasn't really "well, there are only two slots left", but it changed the dynamics of whether you could pay a half-share or a full-share.

Before 10 days ago, nobody even considered offering "schools with less leverage" half the money.

Today? Errrrbody getting desperate for those Titanic lifeboats...
Would Miami take a 75% share I wonder if they could get out of the GOR

Advertisement
A few "Yes or No" questions for CIS nation while we wait out this drama:

1. Are we pushing as hard as FSU to escape the ACC, but just going about it in a much more discreet manner?

2. Will Miami have its choice of the SEC or B1G once an ACC escape route has been confirmed?

3. If UM and FSU end up in different conferences, will the Noles agree to keep the annual series going?

Y
N
FMFFM

Advertisement
Back