MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

What happens when one of the two remaining collectives gets a new funding source and starts signing away teams? We’ll end up with NFLCollege, with 24 teams, and that’s it.

Might as well start complaining and worrying about the zombie apocalypse too

Miami needs to control what it can control and align itself with the best partner(s) it can, which is FOX/BigTen

Advertisement
Advertisement
Myself and others on here have stated it pretty continuously…. Miami to BigTen is extremely likely. Only question is timing and the path to get there
Was this before the historic news of possibly adding SMU to the acc or after?

FOX is such a better partner than espn

The agreement the Big10 made allows Fox to sublease which in this case they are doing to.... ESPN

Not sure, but I don't believe the ACC TV has this deal and while I am sure that ESPN would not mind being able to sublease, I doubt 1) they would want to reopen that TV deal 2) that Fox would be willing to sublease from them.

Advertisement
Everyone saying our brand is not worthy because we haven't competed for championships for the last 20 years.......guess what, neither has 97% of the rest of FBS, including nearly all of the teams that just relocated or are relocating to another conference.
It’d be really hard to exclude Miami from a super conference with a straight face. We have 5 National Titles dating back to 1983. Considering CFB is over 153 years old and the members of our first National Title should be in their late 50’s/early 60’s, it really wasn’t THAT long ago. I know people bring up Army/Navy being good in the 1960’s/1970’s yada yada yada, but it’s just not the same. The 1980’s weren’t that long ago. There were glimpses of modern football back then with pass friendly offenses. I’m only in my 30’s but I do remember the NFL careers of a lot of Hurricanes from the 1980’s/1990’s, like Vinny, Barrow, Sapp, and Ray Lewis. That’s just the 1980’s/1990’s players/teams.

Flash forward to the 2000’s, we won a ship in 2001 produced some of the greatest NFL players in the 2000’s/2010’s. Like you said, 97% of the teams in these “super conferences” would have never achieved anything close to what we have as a whole, or even in the last 20 years. Purdue, Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Indiana, Illinois, and sometimes Northwestern are bottom of the barrel type programs. Even some of the middle of the pack SEC programs like Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Arkansas haven’t gotten anywhere near a CFP or BCS National Title appearance, ever.

The SEC and Big Ten will be all that is left of college football in twenty years. Congratulations…you took a sport with 120 teams and reduced it by two thirds.

Up to 133 FBS schools now. We all know not all are power schools. I think even pushing over 60 are but just do three power conferences of 24 schools and figure out new playoff format and keep bowls for other schools. It’s not this difficult.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is certainly the noise ... but there is always the chance that the SEC steps up to the plate and grabs FSU, Clemson, or both.
If FSU and Clemson leave before we do that would hurt our chances of having 8 teams step up and dissolve the league by leaving at the same time right.

Doesn’t seem ideal

Says who? Why is it likely? Bc alot of people
agree it makes sense that know nothing?

I need to know more about this @Cane6 … I see Cane6 and I go right to Square 6 which is totally irrelevant, but true nonetheless

IMG_0520.jpeg

I’ll drink to Miami to the B1G

Advertisement
Back