MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Agreed. But not because you cannot make the playoffs. It can happened with the expanded format. But every single other aspect of your program will suffer and you will always lack the funds to compete with the big boys and consistently attract the 5 ⭐️ talent. That’s why you get left behind.
Disagree.

NIL money and media revenue are different things, you could potentially have a top NIL program even if you are not in the B1G/SEC.

You won’t be able to attract the 5-star talent because they will prefer to play in the B1G/SEC and this is a thing that you can’t buy with money.

Those revenue money will strongly influence the coaching carousel and the facilities arm-race.

Advertisement
I do wonder if the BIG10 looks at the South Florida market and sees all the Northeast and Midwest transplants and thinks they already have a lot of those eyes on TVs. And that adding it won't be as big as one would think.

I would imagine the SEC would think the same way, that with all the UF and FSU alumni in South Florida they don't need to add Miami to have the market share.

Honestly, the reason to add Miami would probably be more a national exposure, which Miami can pull in when it's good, than a regional one.
It would add more eyeballs. When the team you love is playing the team you love closest to you are more likely to watch.

For those thinking that a move to the Big 12 is palatable because the playoffs expanded to 12 teams, Greg Sankey just commented that “reconsideration” of the automatic bids is necessary in light of the new landscape. In other words, no way the SEC (and/or the Big 10) will allow an even distribution of playoff access to inferior conferences.

I’m afraid it’s join the P2 or your death as a power in CFB is certain, the only variable is time.

If we get left out of this round- our recruiting class tanks and we are done. This will all go back to blake hiring manny and setting us back 4 more years. We needed to show the commitment we showed last year to be taken fully seriously. Unbelievably FSU is further along with ******* Norvell than we are. It is like twilight zone.
Will Ferrell Chill GIF

Advertisement
Disagree.

NIL money and media revenue are different things, you could potentially have a top NIL program even if you are not in the B1G/SEC.

You won’t be able to attract the 5-star talent because they will prefer to play in the B1G/SEC and this is a thing that you can’t buy with money.

Those revenue money will strongly influence the coaching carousel and the facilities arm-race.
If players actually become employees (which is already being discussed) then NIL and media revenue are all being added together. There is even talk of “profit sharing”. So if one conference is paying $100M per team and the other is at $50M where do players stand the chance of earning more? Farm team vs major leagues!!

That’s what I don’t understand. The ACC schools wouldn’t begin investigating west coast schools without some level of dialogue with espn that they were open to adding schools snd modifying the existing tv deal
That's a good point.

Almost anywhere I go with my gear on, someone throws up the “U” at me. No doubt our brand is very recognizable but the reality is we haven’t been relevant in college sports most dominant sport - football - in 20 years. Or any other sport for that matter. Football rules the roost.

Sure, we had a run in both men’s and women’s BB this year, but prior to that, we were relatively unnoticed. We’ve been riding the coattails of the 5 football NC’s for over 20 years now. As time has passed, that luster has faded quite a bit. We’re just not as attractive as we once were.

I can't even get behind the "what have you done for me lately" argument. Out of all of the teams already scheduled to move or are in the conversation of moving, only two have clearly separated themselves from all else. Clemson and Oklahoma. Over the last 10 years, Clemson has averaged 2 losses per season, Oklahoma 3. All others, Miami, Oregon, Washington, UCLA, USC, Texas, UNC and FSU have averaged 4-5 losses per year, UNC is actually at 6. Miami sits at 5.1, which is better than UCLA, Texas, and UNC. Miami is less than a game from the others. Also keep in mind the PAC played half a season for covid which spared their teams from more losses which would have closed the gap on the teams "better" than us over the last 10 years and distanced us from the others we are "better" than.
In the last 10 years, outside of Clemson, only FSU has a title, and that was 10 years ago, and outside of last season, they have been worse of a trainwreck than us.

Advertisement
Simple solution to this hand-wringing nonsense would have been to keep conferences as is & create two or three football super conferences. Create super football conferences of 60 or so schools. Still would have ACC, Pac-12, SEC, etc. for all other sports. Would maintain rivalries and ease of travel. The football powers and revenue are driving the upheaval, so let the 60 or so schools do their thing in the fall. Let the NCAA oversee non-football sports and championships (NCAA currently has no role in football post-season, anyway) and football super conferences created their own management/oversight structure.

How long until congress holds hearings on this mess? A couple of years? You can’t have some state schools consolidating all the money and power of football while others are left to die. There will have to be some sort of oversight established to make things a little more equal. Once schools start dropping sports, especially women’s sports, because they don’t have the money I would imagine congress will step in.

Advertisement
The vibes are at an all-time low right now. Can someone please give us a glimmer of hope…

Well here's something positive: If our football future involves a Round Robin tournament between UM, Washington State, and Oregon State, I think we'll stand a good chance of winning the Tri-Wizard Cup (although a 1 win Oregon State team beat Oregon in Eugene, I think Cristobal will finally lick the Beavers).

Moving forward, It’s not fair to expect or hope for any program not in P2 to compete in a successful level. We will be a at a major disadvantage across the board. Sure, on the surface, the schedule is easier, but beneath, there is a significant loss in funding and good luck recruiting any kid worth a **** to chose us over any P2 program. Lose games and It’ll be a slow death of the program.
Well you know were going to the P2 so none of that is relevant.

How long until congress holds hearings on this mess? A couple of years? You can’t have some state schools consolidating all the money and power of football while others are left to die. There will have to be some sort of oversight established to make things a little more equal. Once schools start dropping sports, especially women’s sports, because they don’t have the money I would imagine congress will step in.
The SEC and Big Ten will be all that is left of college football in twenty years. Congratulations…you took a sport with 120 teams and reduced it by two thirds.

Advertisement
If players actually become employees (which is already being discussed) then NIL and media revenue are all being added together. There is even talk of “profit sharing”. So if one conference is paying $100M per team and the other is at $50M where do players stand the chance of earning more? Farm team vs major leagues!!
Okay that’s another ball game obviously, I was talking about as things stand right now.

Consolidation

Survival of the fittest

Capitalism

It’s the way the world works broski

Get busy livin or get busy dyin
What happens when one of the two remaining collectives gets a new funding source and starts signing away teams? We’ll end up with NFLCollege, with 24 teams, and that’s it.

Advertisement
Back