MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
TV Pays money to conference to show the games -> Miamis games get viewed more, which makes more money for TV companies -> Miami gets larger percentage...That would be definition of merit based. We would be getting rewarded for our outsized impact on generating ad revenue for the TV broadcaster. There is the merit of generating money, and the merit of on field success. The on-field success based pay can be in the form of keeping your bowl revenuene and stuff like that - which seems to be exactly what the ACC chose to do in their unequal pay model.

This isn't very different than the USWNT getting equal pay to the mens team even though they generate like 20% of the revenue for the media companies. The USWNT has been far more successful than the mens team since forever basically. Some people believe they deserve it. The reality is their pay is being subsidized by the mens team.
How many viewers did our pillow fight in Charlottesville generate last year? Enough to have the rematch aired on the CW?

TV Pays money to conference to show the games -> Miamis games get viewed more, which makes more money for TV companies -> Miami gets larger percentage...That would be definition of merit based. We would be getting rewarded for our outsized impact on generating ad revenue for the TV broadcaster. There is the merit of generating money, and the merit of on field success. The on-field success based pay can be in the form of keeping your bowl revenuene and stuff like that - which seems to be exactly what the ACC chose to do in their unequal pay model.

This isn't very different than the USWNT getting equal pay to the mens team even though they generate like 20% of the revenue for the media companies. The USWNT has been far more successful than the mens team since forever basically. Some people believe they deserve it. The reality is their pay is being subsidized by the mens team.
My God, dude. You’re wrong. Earning on merit is based on an accomplishment. We haven’t accomplished **** in years. We’re living off of 2001 still. We’re living off our brand from ions ago and that’s starting to look like Fordham in the 60’s.

@IndayArtHauz I can’t. His arguing every fricking thing will cause me to jump off a bridge to escape.

At this time I’m flipping my commitment from the @calinative umstudent Hilltoppers to the @TheOriginalCane Ballgaggers. Please respect my decision. 🙏

Advertisement
From 247:
1691551329533.png

1691551364116.png

My God, dude. You’re wrong. Earning on merit is based on an accomplishment. We haven’t accomplished **** in years. We’re living off of 2001 still. We’re living off our brand from ions ago and that’s starting to look like Fordham in the 60’s.

@IndayArtHauz I can’t. His arguing every fricking thing will cause me to jump off a bridge to escape.

At this time I’m flipping my commitment from the @calinative umstudent Hilltoppers to the @TheOriginalCane Ballgaggers. Please respect my decision. 🙏
Whether it's living off 2001, 1983, or 2019, the results are that we get ratings, which sells ads, which leads to higher revenue for the broadcasters, and thus higher conference payouts. We generate more than we receive. In a merit based distribution model we would receive much more money.

I really hope there was something behind us getting AAU certified early. This **** isn’t looking good.
I’m not sure there was.

We’d been on the verge—like “next in” level—for several years. And the AAU takes its sweet time to admit new members. So it’s totally possible that the timing of this was all just a coincidence.

Advertisement

Like I said earlier, I don’t think so

i need love GIF by LL Cool J

If we get left out of this round- our recruiting class tanks and we are done. This will all go back to blake hiring manny and setting us back 4 more years. We needed to show the commitment we showed last year to be taken fully seriously. Unbelievably FSU is further along with ******* Norvell than we are. It is like twilight zone.

I do wonder if the BIG10 looks at the South Florida market and sees all the Northeast and Midwest transplants and thinks they already have a lot of those eyes on TVs. And that adding it won't be as big as one would think.

I would imagine the SEC would think the same way, that with all the UF and FSU alumni in South Florida they don't need to add Miami to have the market share.

Honestly, the reason to add Miami would probably be more a national exposure, which Miami can pull in when it's good, than a regional one.

Advertisement
What I'm learning reading this board todays:

This is good, that is bad. Things are not so good, things could be worse.
We've been bad for IONs, which are positively charged particles, but I have no idea how that helps us not go 4-8 this year. We're like Indiana now, but worse.

Norvell is recruiting better than the recruiting guru we hired. We suck again...or still suck depending on your hopium status.

It will be fun to play Stanford once every 4 yrs, or not.
It will be great to go to Dallas and play SMU every 4 yrs or not.

We won't be in the ACC, but we might still be based on legal cases.

A few "Yes or No" questions for CIS nation while we wait out this drama:

1. Are we pushing as hard as FSU to escape the ACC, but just going about it in a much more discreet manner?

2. Will Miami have its choice of the SEC or B1G once an ACC escape route has been confirmed?

3. If UM and FSU end up in different conferences, will the Noles agree to keep the annual series going?

A few "Yes or No" questions for CIS nation while we wait out this drama:

1. Are we pushing as hard as FSU to escape the ACC, but just going about it in a much more discreet manner?

2. Will Miami have its choice of the SEC or B1G once an ACC escape route has been confirmed?

3. If UM and FSU end up in different conferences, will the Noles agree to keep the annual series going?

I have zero inside info, but based on my interpretation of what I've read:
  1. Yes
  2. No
  3. Unknown

Advertisement
I am not anointing DanRad as a savior yet, but imagine trying to navigate this realignment mess with Julio Frenk and Flake James running the show.

So you think DanRad built a super double top s[BGCOLOR=initial]ecret escape clause into the Grant of Rights that he personally endorsed and signed in 2015, which was specifically intended to keep any ACC team from leaving until 2036? That's some 4th dimensional chess he's been playing.[/BGCOLOR]

Advertisement
Back