MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

fgLKQtTw54Hk8bRaXD.gif

SMU Jam Pony Express about to run a train on ACC.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You fothermuckers can't handle this kinda heat.

Advertisement
Y’all are delusional talking about Miami’s “brand.” We have been completely irrelevant for 20 years (aside from our 2017 campaign where we ended up losing 3 games). We were a dominant force 40 years ago. Yale was pretty nasty in the early 1900s. They going SEC too? As much as it hurts me to say it, college football is a big money business and results matter. We gonna bring our Champs Sports Bowl trophy from 2016 to our meeting with Fox?

I’m trying to remain optimistic that our leadership can find a way to keep the program afloat but our collective decision making has been so bad and spanned across many different ADs and sports.

Advertisement
If they were smart, which they aren't, they'd make sure that Miami, FSU, Clemp'sSon, and UNC start getting SEC/B10 money and just make it merit based - what a noble concept!! Instead of money sucks like Wake Forest getting an equal share just because "that's always the way we've done it," create a rubric that is a composite of media revenue and pay the biggest earners what they're worth.

The ACC botched the last media rights negotiation, but if it wants to remain alive and relevant, that would be the way to do it - incentivize the marquee teams.

I'm certain they haven't even thought of this, but they should give those top 4 teams similar revenue to what they'd be making in one of those big two conferences, then hope that similar money plus an easier path to the playoffs is enough to keep their teams in place.
Paying the drawing teams more is a death sentence. Look at the B12 for example. They always paid Texas more. It drove away other schools and eventually Texas stabbed them in the back.

Y’all are delusional talking about Miami’s “brand.” We have been completely irrelevant for 20 years (aside from our 2017 campaign where we ended up losing 3 games). We were a dominant force 40 years ago. Yale was pretty nasty in the early 1900s. They going SEC too? As much as it hurts me to say it, college football is a big money business and results matter. We gonna bring our Champs Sports Bowl trophy from 2016 to our meeting with Fox?

I’m trying to remain optimistic that our leadership can find a way to keep the program afloat but our collective decision making has been so bad and spanned across many different ADs and sports.
When is the last time UCLA was relevant in football?

Advertisement
Oh man…..

@Cribby, @Brooklyndee, @Hurracanes, @DMoney, @Boarcane, @TheOriginalCane, or someone else better pop in to dispute what @JayCane20 is saying, or this fan base is about to go apocalyptic.

RIP to this program if we get left out of the current conference realignment window.
1.5 year ago we weren't leaving the ACC at all.
8 months ago we weren't leaving the ACC before 2036.
3 months ago we were hoping to leave the ACC in 2026-2027.
Last week we were hoping to leave the ACC for next season.

We're not going to the Big12, period. We may be in the ACC for up to 3 more years. Ultimately we will end up in the Big10, with probably like a 5% shot at ending up in the SEC. The "current realignment window" was the PAC not having an exit fee, GOR, or active TV deal. If JUST FSU/Clemson were to leave the ACC for next season, it'd either be for a **** load of money, or we'd be able to leave asap as well (like if FSU was able to do some sneaky ****).

Hard to think with how shrewd and forward thinking Mario is that he’s going to allow us sit idly and be left out. This would really be the death of Miami football.

Advertisement
It's not even a pompous thought, I just think it would be foolish to exclude South Florida's team from the two major conferences. There's so much untapped media potential between renewed rivalries, positive (and negative) storylines, eyeballs for ratings in South Florida, etc.

I think we'll be fine. Obviously it would be nice to have some concrete knowledge or assurance that we have nothing to worry about, but this late flurry reminds me of the whole Nunez AD search and retainment of Manny. Just reporters throwing crap to twitter for clicks and hoping to appease certain agendas. People see FSU making a public stink and take assumptions from there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back