MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I think it's all but public that FSU and Clemson are headed to the B1G.. soon
If that happens and Miami is left out then there isn’t much point in any of us sticking it out because it’ll be officially over for us as a football program stuck in ACC/big12
Is there any feeling we would be a late addition ie 2-3 years later or just purely an afterthought?

Advertisement
The list is in order of VIEWERSHIP ..... a list was compiled of GAMES WITH 4 MILLION OR MORE VIEWERS SINCE 2012:

FSU 27 games (16 ACC and 11 oof)
Clemson 25 games ( 19 ACC and 6 oof)
ND 12 games (4/8)
Miami 10 games (6/4)

Reality is ND will 99% be a scheduling arrangement so the actual pick order would be FSU - Clemson - Miami. ND is realistically the #1 choice of every conference if they would actually consider joining.

I wonder where these numbers were pulled from. ND has been a lot more than 12 games since 2012 with over 4 million viewers.

Could the ACC theoretically add those rumored teams at half the share and give the other half to the unpleased schools like FSU, Clemson, and Miami in order to avoid the collapse of the conference?
If they were smart, which they aren't, they'd make sure that Miami, FSU, Clemp'sSon, and UNC start getting SEC/B10 money and just make it merit based - what a noble concept!! Instead of money sucks like Wake Forest getting an equal share just because "that's always the way we've done it," create a rubric that is a composite of media revenue and pay the biggest earners what they're worth.

The ACC botched the last media rights negotiation, but if it wants to remain alive and relevant, that would be the way to do it - incentivize the marquee teams.

I'm certain they haven't even thought of this, but they should give those top 4 teams similar revenue to what they'd be making in one of those big two conferences, then hope that similar money plus an easier path to the playoffs is enough to keep their teams in place.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If they were smart, which they aren't, they'd make sure that Miami, FSU, Clemp'sSon, and UNC start getting SEC/B10 money and just make it merit based - what a noble concept!! Instead of money sucks like Wake Forest getting an equal share just because "that's always the way we've done it," create a rubric that is a composite of media revenue and pay the biggest earners what they're worth.

The ACC botched the last media rights negotiation, but if it wants to remain alive and relevant, that would be the way to do it - incentivize the marquee teams.

I'm certain they haven't even thought of this, but they should give those top 4 teams similar revenue to what they'd be making in one of those big two conferences, then hope that similar money plus an easier path to the playoffs is enough to keep their teams in place.
This is exactly what is happening in Serie A (First division of Italian soccer):

- 50% of the media revenue shared equally between all the teams
- 20% based on the user base, views, number of fans etc
- 30% based on the results on the field

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back