MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
We'll see if FSU is just talk soon enough.

That aside, do you agree with Dan's position "right now?"
I believe that Radakovich is working on his own plan to get out of the ACC. Remaining in it long term just makes no sense whatsoever.

Adelson/Hale writing for ESPN:

As one ACC administrator noted, the ACC is already losing the PR battle with the Big 12 -- a league with fewer signature programs, a lower TV valuation and no standalone network -- being viewed as growing and stable, while the ACC looks to be teetering. Florida State's public criticism of the league's financial picture only exacerbates that problem.
---------------------------------
Dan R's comments a few days ago seem to place him firmly in the "need to make the ACC stronger" camp. "Each of our schools have to make their own decisions. But, we need to continue to try to make the ACC as strong as we can make it.

We've got our GOR, we have all those other pieces that are associated with keeping ourselves together. Right now, we feel really strongly that our best course of action is to keep the ACC together and try to make it as strong as it can be."
Remember when the ACC literally destroyed the Big East because it was so aggressive with its expansion moves? It’s not the same place anymore, theres no will to live, to thrive. The GOR/TV deal are a terminal illness that they injected into themselves, weakening the body until the individual limbs die or revolt.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 was DOA a year ago, picked up the paddles, and defibbed itself. The two conferences are like gurneys passing in the ICU.

The ACC died the day it looked out the window while the SEC added another wing to its house and said, “I’m just glad to be their friend.”

Remember when the ACC literally destroyed the Big East because it was so aggressive with its expansion moves? It’s not the same place anymore, theres no will to live, to thrive. The GOR/TV deal are a terminal illness that they injected into themselves, weakening the body until the individual limbs die to revolt.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 was DOA a year ago, picked up the paddles, and defibbed itself. The two conferences are like gurneys passing in the ICU.

The ACC died the day it looked out the window while the SEC added another wing to its house and said, “I’m just glad to be their friend.”
The ACC saw the SEC add a new clubhouse to the community in the SECN and said "the best thing I can do for my residents is lock us all in to a 20 year assessment so we can get a ****** version of their clubhouse... we'll have a community pool table and potato peelers"

Advertisement
The ACC saw the SEC add a new clubhouse to the community in the SECN and said "the best thing I can do for my residents is lock us all in to a 20 year assessment so we can get a ****** version of their clubhouse... we'll have a community pool table and potato peelers"
The issue was that they saw people moving to streaming and made the mistake of thinking revenue would go down bc less homes would have cable, so they locked in a long term deal. What they failed to realize is that sports would become more valuable bc it is one of the few things keeping people on cable (or the equivalent like youtube tv).

Time to check the portal wire in December. I don’t see a lot of remaining PAC 12 players sticking around after next season.

In comments to ESPN on Friday, Miami athletic director Dan Radakovich echoed what Cunningham said. "Florida State is doing what Florida State feels like it needs to do," Radakovich said. "Each of our schools have to make their own decisions. But on top of all of it, we need to continue to try to make the ACC as strong as we can make it. We've got our grant of rights, we have all those other pieces that are associated with keeping ourselves together. Right now, we feel really strongly that our best course of action is to keep the ACC together and try to make it as strong as it can be."

So glad we gave such an experienced man like Dan at the helm, charting a course through the dangerous seas of this expansion challenge. It's great Miami has an AD who has taken other athletic departments through dangerous currents and has now has us moving at flank speed to a great outcome!

o-SEARCH-FOR-TITANIC-II-CAPTAIN-facebook-3896797905.jpeg

Adelson/Hale writing for ESPN:

As one ACC administrator noted, the ACC is already losing the PR battle with the Big 12 -- a league with fewer signature programs, a lower TV valuation and no standalone network -- being viewed as growing and stable, while the ACC looks to be teetering. Florida State's public criticism of the league's financial picture only exacerbates that problem.
---------------------------------
Dan R's comments a few days ago seem to place him firmly in the "need to make the ACC stronger" camp. "Each of our schools have to make their own decisions. But, we need to continue to try to make the ACC as strong as we can make it.

We've got our GOR, we have all those other pieces that are associated with keeping ourselves together. Right now, we feel really strongly that our best course of action is to keep the ACC together and try to make it as strong as it can be."
It sounds like this is going to drag out at least another year for Miami.

Advertisement
In comments from chatgpt ai:

Based on the given quote, it's difficult to definitively discern that Miami's athletic director, Dan Radakovich, is employing "coach speak" to cover up agreement with Florida State's actions. He's careful to acknowledge that each school has autonomy in their decisions, including Florida State, but refrains from explicitly endorsing or criticizing their actions.

His emphasis on the importance of strengthening the ACC and maintaining unity among its members could be interpreted as a politically correct stance meant to focus on collective efforts over individual actions. However, this isn't necessarily a cover-up for agreeing with Florida State; it could also be seen as a diplomatic approach meant to avoid public controversy while underscoring the shared goals within the ACC.

Without additional context or explicit statements from Radakovich, it's speculative to draw a firm conclusion about his personal agreement or disagreement with Florida State's actions.

😎😱
Precisely!

Advertisement
In comments from chatgpt ai:

Based on the given quote, it's difficult to definitively discern that Miami's athletic director, Dan Radakovich, is employing "coach speak" to cover up agreement with Florida State's actions. He's careful to acknowledge that each school has autonomy in their decisions, including Florida State, but refrains from explicitly endorsing or criticizing their actions.

His emphasis on the importance of strengthening the ACC and maintaining unity among its members could be interpreted as a politically correct stance meant to focus on collective efforts over individual actions. However, this isn't necessarily a cover-up for agreeing with Florida State; it could also be seen as a diplomatic approach meant to avoid public controversy while underscoring the shared goals within the ACC.

Without additional context or explicit statements from Radakovich, it's speculative to draw a firm conclusion about his personal agreement or disagreement with Florida State's actions.

😎😱
Chatgpt has made my life so much easier at work. It’s scary. My new favorite toy.

Does anybody remember the specifics around the inception of the Longhorn Network? Why did the Big 12 allow it? I presume it was under threat of Texas leaving but where were they going? The Pac-10? Wasn't resistance to allowing Texas to keep the profits of the network the sticking point that later prevented their move there anyway? The SEC isn't allowing them to keep it so what was their leverage? The "power" of ESPN and a threat to go independent?

Advertisement
Does anybody remember the specifics around the inception of the Longhorn Network? Why did the Big 12 allow it? I presume it was under threat of Texas leaving but where were they going? The Pac-10? Wasn't resistance to allowing Texas to keep the profits of the network the sticking point that later prevented their move there anyway? The SEC isn't allowing them to keep it so what was their leverage? The "power" of ESPN and a threat to go independent?
sir this is not google.

Just this one time because I like you I’ll tell you - to keep them from going on realignment tinder sooner

Chatgpt has made my life so much easier at work. It’s scary. My new favorite toy.
The amount of academic cheating (or attempted cheating) with it is mind-blowing. Unprecedented levels, imo. In my limited experience surveying it, I've noticed that it still gets a ton of black and white types of questions wrong and seems to be based more on long-form saucing that can often be rooted in nuance or debate.

Advertisement
Back