MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Disney and ESPN need to be laying off, consolidating, and cutting waste. They appear to be ready to break the bank on CFB.

With these contrived cross-country matchups and employee players, CFB is turning into the NFL, but with far worse players, and recruiting.

In 10 years, the breadth and depth of interest in CFB will be lower than it is today.
I think it's too early to tell. The west coast has been a dumpster fire for elite football since Pete Carrol left USC. The B1G setting up a presence across the country and getting all regions paid on the same level as the SEC or more gets the first chance for real parity in the sport that we've had since before media payouts exploded in the mid-2000s. The SEC has won like 16 or 17 of the last 20 national championships, and it's no wonder when they got all the money, occupy the talent rich states, and get all the hype from ESPN. I remember when GameDay used to be mandatory watching in college football back before they got all in on the SEC. I'm hopeful the new B1G can level the playing field once the dust settles, but they need a real southeast presence with a contingent of schools.

I think it's too early to tell. The west coast has been a dumpster fire for elite football since Pete Carrol left USC. The B1G setting up a presence across the country and getting all regions paid on the same level as the SEC or more gets the first chance for real parity in the sport that we've had since before media payouts exploded in the mid-2000s. The SEC has won like 16 or 17 of the last 20 national championships, and it's no wonder when they got all the money, in the talent rich states, and over hype from ESPN. I'm hopeful the new B1G can level the playing field once the dust settles, but they need a real southeast presence with a contingent of schools.
I agree with all of this, especially the last sentence. That's what we need to sell 'em on.

However, I'm gonna stick w/my prediction.

Advertisement
I can’t stand whack a$$ wake Forrest and and the schools that want to hold us hostage in this terrible agreement.

If 8 schools got together and left at the same time how would that help us / what would that do?
Why? You would do the same. Its their leverage.

Blame all the ADs who signed this abomination of an agreement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
ACC as is is the best they would be able to do. Guarantee you'd fight like **** to keep intact.
If I was a wake fan I’d have bigger problems. Fortunately I’m a hurricane fan and as a hurricane fan I choose to hate on those annoying arrogant wake fans who want us to be left out from the two major conferences

Oregon State and Cal boards about being banished to Mountain West.

Its glorious.

Hey, where is the MEAC HQd, I want to start getting plane tickets for Miami games.

Pretty ignorant post. They have been outperforming expectations for years. Compared to the C@nes underperforming for two decades.
You should change your username to AuoraForest

Fck wake and fck anyone who wants to keep us handcuffed to this HORRIBLE agreement for the Canes.

Canes First

Advertisement
GT is FAR better than Pitt and BC.
I think some of you underestimate Pitt. GT is in an area where there are so many other sports teams they get almost no attention. In Pittsburgh, they have the Steelers and that’s pretty much it. The Pirates haven’t been **** since the 80s. And on top of those things, Pitt was just in an ACC championship and has been putting players in the league every year. GT is not better than Pitt

Advertisement
Back