MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Sure... but that is between the two fanbases. Let's say Nebraska was having a really good year and had a game against Texas would you say to yourself 'I really need to see that game'? I might tune into it for a bit if nothing else was on, but really doubt I would watch the whole thing. And I am sure it didn't help the ratings that the game was a blow out.
AU-UGA was a blowout and they had the highest number of the weekend.

Advertisement
NDs brand is large but I will agree that they aren't the most watched out there.

look, if were the 80s canes, people watch us like they watch bama now. bama wasn't drawing huge numbers when they didnt have saban and stunk forever from the bear days. that also rings true for any team. look at the FSU ratings with Jameis or UF ratings w Tebow. on average, we draw what we draw (which is third in the big 3) which is fne. that isnt going to matter to the big 10. were headed there no matter what we draw.

realistically speaking, I dont ever see us repeating the 80s so to me its all moot. the hope is youre consistently 10 wins where you get the 4-4.5 mill number but I dont think we have a. large enough fanbase to hit that. the casual fan down here will still only tune into big games.
Tebow was gold for Florida and Denver lol

Well if you blow them out like we did people stop watching mid game ;)
UGA-AU had the highest draw and it was 40-17 AU. what's the excuse?

anyways, the point being that was our best tv game since 2002 in terms of matchup (stakes included two top 10 teams late in season playoff spot on the line), night game and electric crowd with college game day there.

if we become the 80s canes, our number for sure would go up but as I said, any elite team could say the same. it isnt breaking news that people want to watch the best. the true test is what do you draw on average when it isnt a big matchup or just another game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it possible SEC "isn't looking to expand" because Disney/ESPN are not giving them more money to do so? Not trying to get political, but wouldn't that be ironic? DeSantis picks a fight with Disney, their revenue goes down, which hurts ESPN and SECN, which hurts the SEC, which markets to DeSantis' base. Fun times.

Disney couldn't/wouldn't even give the SEC more money to add a conference game.

ESPN is still profitable, just not as much as before due to the collapse of the current business model. The big test will be how much they bid on the NBA when their deal expires in 2025.

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane @Wake_Cane @DMoney @JeddTheFisch

If FSU/Miami challenged GoR under today (or future) FL law, that's a big deal right?

i routinely preside over cases under CIS jurisdiction. Why not here?

Is there someone I can call to get this scheduled?

Always consult with your attorney

benicio del toro hispanic heritage month GIF

Update: My bad, they played twice that year and the score below was the 2nd time, but it was 16-7 Auburn going into the half in the first game.

1691165126096.png

AU-UGA was a blowout and they had the highest number of the weekend.
It was the #2 vs #10 team (both of which had been top level teams consistently in recent years) and it was 13-7 going into the 4th quarter.

1691164539492.png

The Miami vs ND game was #11 vs #13, Miami had (and still) only shown flashes at times over the several years before that and the score was 27-0 at the half.

1691164628776.png

I am not making the case for Miami being a ratings powerhouse at all; the main point of my post was the opposite... That although ND and Miami fans love the idea of a rivalry between us, most fans would probably see it as an interesting call back to a rivalry from close to 30 years ago. I just think it is fair in any argument/discussion to acknowledge all factors.

Update: My bad, they played twice that year and the score below was the 2nd time, but it was 16-7 Auburn going into the half.

It was the #2 vs #10 team (both of which had been top level teams consistently in recent years) and it was 13-7 going into the 4th quarter.

View attachment 249427

The Miami vs ND game was #11 vs #13, Miami had (and still) only shown flashes at times over the several years before that and the score was 27-0 at the half.

View attachment 249428

I am not making the case for Miami being a ratings powerhouse at all; the main point of my post was the opposite... That although ND and Miami fans love the idea of a rivalry between us, most fans would probably see it as an interesting call back to a rivalry from close to 30 years ago. I just think it is fair in any argument/discussion to acknowledge all factors.

They also only played once in the reg season. The first game was the game that went on the same day. The other was sec cg

Advertisement
I'm going to laugh at Oregon and Washington if they decide to NOT take the 40M offer from the Big 10 and then settle for the 20M offer from Apple "just because the Pac 12 is old" (it's not) or because airplane travel costs money (it does).

Never. EVER. Underestimate the ability for the Pac 12 to self-sabotage. They are GREAT at it. Have been for decades.

Advertisement
Back