MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
@TheOriginalCane @Wake_Cane @DMoney @JeddTheFisch

If FSU/Miami challenged GoR under today (or future) FL law, that's a big deal right?

i routinely preside over cases under CIS jurisdiction. Why not here?

Is there someone I can call to get this scheduled?

In cases of jurisdiction for a contract dispute, it normally follows "first to file" when there is no provision for choice of forum. Even if a case went to "federal court", there are federal judges who sit in all the various 50 states.

So, yes, I would think that the venue matters and would have an impact.

If anyone recalls, Miami and Arkansas State had a bit of a kerfluffle over Miami filing "first" in its dispute over the game that got cancelled due to hurricane. The case ultimately settled out of court, but if Miami cared enough to "file first" and try to get SoFla as its venue, I can **** SURE tell you that they will try to do the same for any GOR lawsuit.

I still am not sure who we are fighting though. Does the ACC "own" our rights under the initial GOR? Or were our rights sold or assigned to ESPN in the TV deal? Because while Mars may be correct on the GOR document, I am not sure whether that would be the right analysis if our adversary is ESPN and the underlying document is the TV deal, under the premise that ESPN now owns our rights, not the ACC.

College football is circling the drain.

I'm on it...

1691165988665.png

Advertisement
No one overestimate Miami tv ratings. We are being compared to teams who had recent national championship teams, or plays against more big time opponents every season like UF. When we are good and they are good, they dont compare. Miami is polarising like Notre Dame, worse actually. Everybody watch if we ever get good again
Back in old radio days, people who hated Howard stern LISTENED to Howard stern longer than his fans did.

they've played each other when MIami was independent, Big East and obviously ACC. I dont see a reason they'd discontinue the rivalry unless everyone just ended up in 2 conferences (which I dont see that happening). you'll have your conference and non conference games and miami will still need FSU as a home game to amp their season ticket sales (depending on how the new divisions are done, I doubt miami has OSU Mich on their schedule every year either (it would be in some form of a rotation)).
You are right. Unlike Texas and A&m where there was so much animosity and the rivalry fell apart, that is definitely not the case here. It will always be in each schools best interest to keep it going.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Now only question left in PAC is Stanford and Cal. ASU and Utah going to Big12.

Now we just wait for the first ACC team to make their move. Whoever is first will likely have to pay the most money, u less they all act together.

Advertisement
Back