MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
If ya’ll want a great listen about NIL, Future of NCAA and why it’s important for us to get a better TV deal I highly recommend a listen to this. It’s a Nole pod but Pete Schoenthal is awesome and not much Nole talk. Pete’s a good dude and had a pulse for alot of this.

I would love for @DMoney to get Pete on one of the CIS Pods.

Maybe this has been answered further down the thread…but if a conference acquires new schools, don’t the slices of the pie — tv money — get smaller? Or do ESPN and the other networks increase the size of the pie?

Advertisement
Wondering how big a settlement payment is if Miami were to leave?
That is like Star Trek ... heading into the big unknown!! The ACC exit fee is $120M set fee. The GOR is the issue ... can we buy back the rights? For how much? Does it make more sense to work behind the scenes and get the 8 programs needed to dissolve the ACC? Then the exit fee goes away and the GOR becomes much less valuable to ESPN or completely unenforceable period. Really need to implode the ACC and we BELIEVE there is a home for 4 teams with the B10 and at least two in the B12. Get two into the SEC and the ACC is done.

Maybe this has been answered further down the thread…but if a conference acquires new schools, don’t the slices of the pie — tv money — get smaller? Or do ESPN and the other networks increase the size of the pie?
Depends on the conference and their media deal.

Advertisement
I was on my lunch break just now and was bored so I started working on some possible realignment scenarios. Once you start looking at the teams, I do not see how the ACC makes it out of this alive (which is well known). As well, Power 3 makes more sense than Power 4. At some point the Pac 10 and Big 12 are going to need to join up. I ran four possible scenarios. Obviously they are not perfect as I spent maybe 30 minutes, if that, on them. Teams highlighted in yellow are from G5

Scenario #1 "Power 5" - Conservative: Expansion stops due to high buyouts, ND holding things up etc.
View attachment 196222

Scenario #2 "Power 3" - Scenario I see most likely happening. Could easily sub Memphis and SMU for San Diego St and UNLV. I put in UNLV and San Diego St because they both are in attractive TV markets and play in new stadiums.
View attachment 196224

Scenario #3 "Power 4"
View attachment 196225

Scenario # 4 "Power 3 #2" - Notre Dame remains independent and schools in the same state are forced to move conferences together like Oregon and Oregon State which has been rumored as a possible hiccup.

View attachment 196228

Bumping from about 13 months ago. Was off with Miami to the SEC and looks like I’ll be wrong about Oregon and Washington. I’ll do a revised projection at some point for the **** of it.

You're so full of ****. You were all about Oregon-Washington and you ALWAYS put Oregon first in that listing. I always list Washington first because it's the bigger and better school.

And you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Washington-Oregon were flat-out dropped by the Big 10 before crawling back at half-price. Which is NOT something you ever advocated for.

As for the Big 10 share, it's going to be 90 million, not 75 million. And Rutgers/Maryland STILL do not have full shares, but will by 2026. So stop bringing up bull**** comparatives like "I'd pay Oregon 100M before Rutgers".

What you won't admit is that I've been right ALL ALONG. And when there is new information, I take that into account. Unlike you, who wants to make a ridiculous claim, stick to it, and then go back and explain how your prior incorrect claims were actually correct.

Just stuff your belated corrective musings back up your west-coast ******.
So has the Cali/TOC Conference Realignment War ultimately boiled down to @calinative umstudent , the PAC advocate extraordinaire was right that Oregon and Washington are getting in but he had It as Oregon-Washington instead of Washington-Oregon??? Lol!!!!!

Oh… and @Confidence1000 , I live on the west coast and this one at the end hits home. Get him, Scotty.

UzPjASZi.gif

Advertisement
Stop the nonsense, bro.

I'm hearing Baga gonna go independent and start their own network funded by North Korean $$$ and Notre Dame is going to jump at the chance to replace them in the SEC.

Buckle up, boys. It's gonna get wild! Dominos are bout to fall!
Right...you got Arizona, Az St, Utah ready to hit the Big 12, Oregon and Wash trying to force their way into the B10, FSU crying, Clemson, Miami sitting back like the G's they are (we know our worth, let FSU cry loud) waiting for the wall to crack so they can kick it down

That is a really tough question to answer. Problem is that neither one generates VIEWERS and the "academic fit" is not sufficient for addition to the conference. The "TV Math" has to work in order for them to warrant getting paid. Only POSSIBLE way Ga Tech would be a take would be at a permanently reduced share. The magic number is a minimum of 4 million viewers per game televised and Ga Tech doesn't come close to half of that number. FSU / Clemson are just above it and Miami is at 3.8 million (based on evals done by @Genetics56 and discussed last night on a podcast). If expansion candidates don't generate viewers and sponsor money they don't qualify. Duke might end up in one conference for BB and another for football, but not the B10.
So we don't meet the criteria? 3.8 < 4.0.

Advertisement
So has the Cali/TOC Conference Realignment War ultimately boiled down to @calinative umstudent , the PAC advocate extraordinaire was right that Oregon and Washington are getting in but he had It as Oregon-Washington instead of Washington-Oregon??? Lol!!!!!

Oh… and @Confidence1000 , I live on the west coast and this one at the end hits home. Get him, Scotty.

View attachment 249246
thats the count as I have it. cali ended up being right but may not have been earlier on? either way, where we at on the scoresheet? 2-1 TOC?

Thanks! I couldn't remember who did the breakdown!! Looking like #4
No problem! definitely looks like power 3 is going to be the future especially after the rumored PAC TV deal with Apple. #4 is looking good. I thought more rivals would be packaged together like USC/UCLA and Texas/Oklahoma were but it looks like Miami could be moving independent of FSU.

So we don't meet the criteria? 3.8 < 4.0.
I think we're in regardless bc our national presence. miami still generates interest tho it isnt close to the same as it was. but if it were based on tv numbers, it would appear wed be on the OLI, but looks like rad and co had this in motion to secure a landing spot so were good

Advertisement
Back