MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This is from 2.5 months ago. There are a lot where I am specifically saying Stanford and Cal should get into the Big10.
View attachment 249230

Hilarious.

Just stop bull****ting. I was citing Cal-Stanford while you were busy Oregon-slurping. I mocked you for it, now you're trying to take credit for my ideas because you mentioned Cal and Stanford in a parenthetical. A mother****ing "to a lesser extent" parenthetical. Wow.

I have to give you credit for such a bold attempt at misdirection.

Advertisement
Hah, no. There is no practical out to the GOR. Their comments are posturing, pushing for inequal distributions. They probably get their way with slightly more revenue but they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

I just want to know your exit strategy when you are proven wrong.

Name-change?

Lengthy disappearance?

Witness protection?

IMHO after what happened yesterday with FSU these are the possible scenarios:

Scenario #1: FSU is in total panic mode, various ACC teams want to get out from the conference but:
a) no one has figured out how
b) Nobody has a sure landing spot
FSU is making noise either to gauge the interest from other conferences (We are here, come and take us) or to get a more money from the ACC (How? I really don’t know)

Scenario #2: FSU gladly took the role of the leader of the group from the other not-pleased ACC teams who let the Noles do all the dirty work. What had to happen behind the scenes is already happened, we all figured out a way to get out from the ACC and the big dogs have a certain landing spot (all together or not).

Scenario #3: All posturing, no one is really going anywhere.

I’m sure there are others possible outcomes in play, feel free to add whatever you want.

Scenario #4: F$U leads the charge in the courtroom, knowing full well they have the backing of their governor who LOVES picking fights with Disney/ABC/ESPN...

Advertisement

This is the piece that scares me... not that Miami isn't a valued brand and that conferences/networks wouldn't want Miami but rather the timing is just ends up being bad. Like having an iPO in a ****** stock market or trying to sell/buy a house when mortgage rates have skyrocketed.

Yeah, I think it will all come to that sooner or later.

The problem right now (IMHO) is that there aren't 8 teams with a landing spot clearly better than the ACC. Maybe we can make projections about the Big 12 and the most desirable ACC teams after Clemson, FSU, Miami and UNC but I don't think we are at that point yet.

I'd say their are 5 solid landing spots, and more if the SEC gets in the game. Problem is, the SEC might not have enough flagships to chase.

The key to getting 8 or more votes would be if some schools want to join the Big 12 for equivalent money. Cause the "more money" crowd is unlikely to be bigger than 7 at this time.

This is the piece that scares me... not that Miami isn't a valued brand and that conferences/networks wouldn't want Miami but rather the timing is just ends up being bad. Like having an iPO in a ****** stock market or trying to sell/buy a house when mortgage rates have skyrocketed.
He didn't mention the new spigot that is funding the new alignment ... FOX.

I'd say their are 5 solid landing spots, and more if the SEC gets in the game. Problem is, the SEC might not have enough flagships to chase.

The key to getting 8 or more votes would be if some schools want to join the Big 12 for equivalent money. Cause the "more money" crowd is unlikely to be bigger than 7 at this time.
Exactly, if SEC enters the game in fear of losing some big brands to the B1G/FOX is over for the ACC.

And IMHO that was the main goal of yesterday's FSU tirade.

The ESPN money problem is a big one in all of this.

Advertisement

BUT if you DO have 7 plus ND then you're covered for dissolution. Then it is on to the GOR which would be more difficult for ESPN to "manage" without an ACC conference and the possibility of teams in 4 different conferences.

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Spot on, I wasn’t reading 400 pages. I check this board every few weeks.

All I did was say what I thought. Shame on me for expecting respectful dialogue. I should’ve known after scanning these boards for years, that’s my own fault. I didn’t come on here looking for a fight but some people are so insufferable that I can’t just keep my mouth shut and know my place.
Hey man. I haven’t seen the entire exchange but I know the posters’ tendencies. While I absolutely give more deference to contributors, including those who have posted in great numbers for years, I don’t think it’s acceptable for anyone to insult, belittle or abuse others who are simply trying to participate like a normal human being. It happens way to often here.

Advertisement
I don’t know if you’re referring to me or not here but I’m just going to say this.

Isn’t the point of boards to allow people to state their opinion? What makes anyone on here so much better than other people that they get to talk **** to people who don’t see things the same way they do?

I get how the internet works and I know there are dweebs like gayspying, or whatever his name is and limp OriginalCane that were bullied all their lives and are completely insignificant in the real world so they think they can hide behind a computer and scare people. It’s laughable.

Maybe let people say what they want and comment something meaningful instead of being a little ***** who would never talk like that in public?

Now you're crying about your feels?

Look, gizzy, you want to jump into the opinion arena, you need to be prepared for disagreement and counterarguments.

Stop whining because your "opinions" are uninformed, and people told you as much.

Advertisement
Hey man. I haven’t seen the entire exchange but I know the posters’ tendencies. While I absolutely give more deference to contributors, including those who have posted in great numbers for years, I don’t think it’s acceptable for anyone to insult, belittle or abuse others who is simply trying to participate like a normal human being. It happens way to often here.
season 8 episode 6 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I hate Mandel but everything he’s said here is accurate. At some point bigTen and SEC are gonna start requiring discounted terms to better align with each teams market value.

How smart does Maryland and Rutgers look. Those trash schools are getting paid the full rate

Actually, the full-vest date of 2021 got pushed back to 2026.

Maryland/Rutgers was based on a now-outdated vision of "but but but, TV market size" that did not sufficiently take into account how passionate those markets were for those particular teams.

The various TV markets in Florida may be a bit smaller than NY/NJ and DMV, but we are football crazy in Florida and would watch the Big 3 on a Sony Watchman if necessary.

Advertisement
Back