MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
UM has a slot in the B10 regardless of "when" they pull the trigger. The B10 projected payouts per team certainly look attractive and DO leave room for paying a "negotiated settlement" over the remaining GOR term (ie like Swaim 'reported' something like a $300 M settlement with annual payments).

BIG ESTIMATED PAYMENTS PER SCHOOL
-2024- $73 M
-25 - $75
-26 - $87
-27 - $89
-28 - $92
-29 - $95
-30 - $98
-31 - $104
-32 - $104
-33 - $107

Another HUGE factor is RECRUITING. Once the B2 has THE prime programs tv slots will be filled with B10 and SEC games almost exclusively, the B2 conferences will have more money, and virtually every 4-5 star recruit will be headed to the Big 2 while the other conferences become effectively farm teams where their best players bail via the portal for their last 1-2 seasons. UM has to get out of the ACC.
I just don’t think that’s true with these conferences just continuing to expand year after year. IF FSU and Clemson get invited then you likely will wait to see the impact not immediately jump again. Sort of like what the SEC has said which is maybe in the future but not now we are good with TX AND OU.

Rado needs to muscle his way into the Big10 and if Clemson (who many felt UM may be working with behind the scenes as a collective group) gets the invite and not us it’s now UM begging the SEC for a spot that I don’t think will happen.

Just get it ******* done.

Despite these rumors of Clemson joining the B1G, I'm still very skeptical. Clemson does not even come close to the preferred academic standings that the B1G prefers. It makes for great press, but if you do some analytics it just doesn't make sense.
Interesting fact is Clemson is tied with Penn State in National Ranking of Universities at #77.

Advertisement
This all seems like a giant smokescreen and “reporters” throwing **** at the wall hoping it sticks.
Man I was looking for a gif of someone throwing **** at a wall earlier to post in here. Went down a rabbit hole I regret following.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

I just don’t think that’s true with these conferences just continuing to expand year after year. IF FSU and Clemson get invited then you likely will wait to see the impact not immediately jump again. Sort of like what the SEC has said which is maybe in the future but not now we are good with TX AND OU.

Rado needs to muscle his way into the Big10 and if Clemson (who many felt UM may be working with behind the scenes as a collective group) gets the invite and not us it’s now UM begging the SEC for a spot that I don’t think will happen.

Just get it ******* done.
The SEC has more of a challenge in TV programming slots whereas the BIG 10 NEEDS additional teams to fill programming slots with 3 media partners.

Today is a big day, allegedly, for the Gatos Monteses si?

If it doesn't happen, does that mean Miami no longer destined for Sun Belt?

Advertisement
How far down is Nebraska? Lol
The "myth" regarding the high academic standings of the Big 10 conference members is just that .. myth.

There are only SIX B10 conference members that have a higher academic ranking, currently, than Miami:

-Northwestern #10
-Michigan #25
-Wisconsin #38
-Illinois #41
-Purdue #51
-Ohio State #49

Rutgers and Maryland are tied with Miami and FSU at #55 then you have

-Indiana #71
-Iowa #83
-Mich State #77
-MN #62
-Neb #151
-Penn St #77

And UM has fallen from #40 several years ago down to #55.

Despite these rumors of Clemson joining the B1G, I'm still very skeptical. Clemson does not even come close to the preferred academic standings that the B1G prefers. It makes for great press, but if you do some analytics it just doesn't make sense.
I am equally skeptical of FSU, but more from FSU's side. It feels a lot like Oregon with the Big 12 trying to get the Big 10 to act. It feels like FSU is going so public with the Big 10 because they prefer the SEC but don't have the invite there.

Advertisement
I am equally skeptical of FSU, but more from FSU's side. It feels a lot like Oregon with the Big 12 trying to get the Big 10 to act. It feels like FSU is going so public with the Big 10 because they prefer the SEC but don't have the invite there.
Could have more to do with getting ESPN to the negotiating table to keep FSU / CLEMSON as ESPN properties in the SEC rather than losing them to the B10. That could be in the best interest of Miami - FSU / CLEMSON negotiate a reduced GOR buyout spread over 10 years ... and that would then apply to any other program wanting to leave ... would just have to delay for another year ... unless the announcement is well before 8/15 giving UM and others a chance to react. All flights of fantasy at the moment for "spectators" and speculation.

Could have more to do with getting ESPN to the negotiating table to keep FSU / CLEMSON as ESPN properties in the SEC rather than losing them to the B10. That could be in the best interest of Miami - FSU / CLEMSON negotiate a reduced GOR buyout spread over 10 years ... and that would then apply to any other program wanting to leave ... would just have to delay for another year ... unless the announcement is well before 8/15 giving UM and others a chance to react. All flights of fantasy at the moment for "spectators" and speculation.
I would imagine they are somewhat in lockstep. There should be two potential buyouts, the GOR which is now with ESPN and the conference exit fee. Agreed on the former, but they still want the conference to disband to avoid the latter.

Why would the B1G not take us? We are now an AAU school, in a prime area for their retirees, in the middle of a hot bed of recruiting, big TV markets, a huge footprint in Florida, a great road trip in October or November, many of our alums live in B1G country. I can go on and on….

Advertisement
My guess is Florida and South Carolina are very resistant to FSU and Clemson joining the SEC.
Except that if they go to the BIG, at some point Clemson and FSU will be getting approximately $20 million per year more than they will.

Why would the B1G not take us? We are now an AAU school, in a prime area for their retirees, in the middle of a hot bed of recruiting, big TV markets, a huge footprint in Florida, a great road trip in October or November, many of our alums live in B1G country. I can go on and on….
Is Miami willing to buy itself out of the ACC GOR restriction? If not, then that’s a major sticking point.

Just dropping in to say 🖕🏼 to all the FSU losers stopping by who somehow think that Miami is not going to the Big Ten yet then come here for info.

i see you non AAU pussies on your circle jerk threads on your boards with your dismissal of actual facts about comp tv ratings draws and how miami is never gonna come back blah blah

now get back to your job and get the ph levels in the pool right and don’t forget the second coat of wax on my car

I think I'll just sit and wait and see what happens. It seems to me that the runaway speculation train has taken over.
My, perhaps skewed logic, still thinks Clemson to the SEC and UM, maybe not in two weeks, to the B1G

Advertisement
Back