MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Hey, listen everyone. Miami is going to the Big Ten. I bet all of your houses on it. I am interested on whether FSU is definitely going in one direction or the other because I honestly I’m not certain about that @TheOriginalCane in case you have a better take on that aspect of it. My gut is that FSU is going to the Big Ten because it’s a happy place that gets them. The academic prestige they want as well as a bigger check and bringing some Geographic people alongside them in Miami in Florida State love to be able to Own Florida’s ***.

I think this is a super shortsighted move by the SEC when they could’ve locked up when is gonna be the second biggest state entirely

Athletic 💰
Academic 💰
Rivalry intact
Power 2 Conference

We…… fuccin

The Pac12 did have discussions with the ACC earlier this week ... so the topic of a Pacific Atlantic Conference alliance must have been discussed. Great thing about the ACC opening discussions regarding adding new members is that it puts the GOR back on the table for renegotiation.
But would the opening of negotiations also open the door for teams to exit?

I’m no legal guy but I’m thinking if we renegotiate and I (UM and others) disagree with the new terms, is there an avenue where we agree to disagree and settle on me (and a few others) leaving?

Advertisement
I personally I just picked up an eighth myself for the weekend
I just picked up multiple eight....balls. I plan on staying completely lucid 24/7 through August 15. It's also part of a research project. You guys think AAU accreditation just happens?!

Starz Cocaine GIF by Power

Disagree ... the realignment decisions are not being made in a vacuum. The prime objective of realignment is $$$$ via optimizing prime time viewing value by programming games of immense national interest. Even if UM and FSU end up in different B2 conferences the rivalry will continue via a permanent OOC scheduled game. The B10 wants BOTH Miami and FSU, and if they both end up in the B10 you can be certain that the NETWORKS will work to ensure that FSU continues playing the annual UF rivalry game every year.
I'd argue if you negotiate as one entity, you'd have even more opportunities of optimizing prime time value with national interest by having in effect 65-70 schools at your disposal to schedule as such. The way they are going, the Big 10 will have its games and SEC will have theirs. Will there be many OOC games scheduled between SEC and Big 10 schools? I doubt it, if you go by history. Auburn played PSU in a home and home, that was the first time Auburn played at a Big 10 campus in 90 years! The only other times an SEC school visited a Big 10 campus since the playoff began nearly 10 years ago were Mizzou visiting Purdue in 2018 and Vandy visiting Purdue in 2019, not exactly Bama vs. Michigan.

The SEC and Big 10 rarely played OOC before, now with competing TV networks paying even more $$ for content, I'd say it's even less likely in the future.

We have no idea what will be permanently scheduled as anything. If Texas-Texas A&M can be put on a shelf for over a decade and only get rekindled because of Texas jumping ship to the SEC, ANY rivalry is fair game to be ended.

I'd argue if you negotiate as one entity, you'd have even more opportunities of optimizing prime time value with national interest by having in effect 65-70 schools at your disposal to schedule as such. The way they are going, the Big 10 will have its games and SEC will have theirs. Will there be many OOC games scheduled between SEC and Big 10 schools? I doubt it, if you go by history. Auburn played PSU in a home and home, that was the first time Auburn played at a Big 10 campus in 90 years! The only other times an SEC school visited a Big 10 campus since the playoff began nearly 10 years ago were Mizzou visiting Purdue in 2018 and Vandy visiting Purdue in 2019, not exactly Bama vs. Michigan.

The SEC and Big 10 rarely played OOC before, now with competing TV networks paying even more $$ for content, I'd say it's even less likely in the future.

We have no idea what will be permanently scheduled as anything. If Texas-Texas A&M can be put on a shelf for over a decade and only get rekindled because of Texas jumping ship to the SEC, ANY rivalry is fair game to be ended.
Like you state ... your opinion and you know what they say about opinions. We will see when it happens.

Advertisement
What in the **** are you talking about? Surprises? Who in the **** cares? Don't play this "nobody knows anything" game.

I used to work with someone who was previously employed in the WVU Athletic Department when they were competing against Mizzou for the last 2012 SEC expansion slot. Lots of people knew what was going on, even if the media wasn't informed (or wasn't allowed to report on it).

Texas/Oklahoma was no surprise, even if clueless people inBroward only get their news from the newspapers. The schools were talking with the SEC for a full six months prior to the story breaking in July 2021. Now, if people ignored the warning signs "because Grant of Rights, man", that's on them. But there was certainly no surprise there. Perhaps you are confusing "surprise" by the speed at which the story moved AFTER the newspapers published the rumored move, because it only took another 10 days for the SEC to extend invitations and for Texas/Oklahoma to accept.

USC/UCLA was also not so surprising once the SEC moved first. Again, the Big 10-USC-UCLA talks were going on for months. I had heard the rumors from a friend of mine who is a former USC athlete. Again, there was a rapid acceleration once the information became more widely known, and the inivation/acceptance happened very quickly.

None of this means that rumors will absolutely come to pass as fact. There can be some twists and turns. But any Big 10 "talks" with Washington and Oregon were NOWHERE NEAR the months of negotiations and planning that happened with Texas/Oklahoma and USC/UCLA. And if Washington/Oregon were such "serious candidates" who were already "vetted and approved", they would have been announced a year ago with USC/UCLA.

Except...the Big 10 wanted to expand towards the southeast...which is the smart move...

But, yeah, keep believing the propaganda that Washington/Oregon keep sending out about how desirable they are to power conferences...
Oh snap! I didn't realize you get the inside dope from the former spitoon cleaner at WVU in the early '10s and ex-USC athlete.

Since nothing surprises you and you know all the secret talks that are ongoing for months in each conference, please give the details on who is in deep discussion right now with each conference. Most of us rely on the newspapers that you speak of for information so getting the info from you with your deep intel should clear it all up for us and in the next year or 2 we can see how right you were all along. No surprises for any of us.

But would the opening of negotiations also open the door for teams to exit?

I’m no legal guy but I’m thinking if we renegotiate and I (UM and others) disagree with the new terms, is there an avenue where we agree to disagree and settle on me (and a few others) leaving?
THAT is the entire point ... once the GOR is open for renegotiation anything can happen.

Oh snap! I didn't realize you get the inside dope from the former spitoon cleaner at WVU in the early '10s and ex-USC athlete.

Since nothing surprises you and you know all the secret talks that are ongoing for months in each conference, please give the details on who is in deep discussion right now with each conference. Most of us rely on the newspapers that you speak of for information so getting the info from you with your deep intel should clear it all up for us and in the next year or 2 we can see how right you were all along. No surprises for any of us.

Oh, you got jokes.

Ask around. Ask anyone who is aware of what's going on...if I've known about UM conference realignment since early 2022. Because I have.

Some of us know...and then there are whiny crybabies like you.

I'm sorry you've been "shocked" and "surprised" by what Texas and Oklahoma and USC and UCLA did. Doesn't mean you have to be bitter towards those of us who are connected to what is happening and who knew that change was right around the corner.

Go **** off, you know-nothing.

Advertisement
I know I could Google... I've been offline all day... anyone wanna give me a quick update on what happened today / how it impacts Miami? Much appreciated.

Advertisement
Oh, you got jokes.

Ask around. Ask anyone who is aware of what's going on...if I've known about UM conference realignment since early 2022. Because I have.

Some of us know...and then there are whiny crybabies like you.

I'm sorry you've been "shocked" and "surprised" by what Texas and Oklahoma and USC and UCLA did. Doesn't mean you have to be bitter towards those of us who are connected to what is happening and who knew that change was right around the corner.

Go **** off, you know-nothing.
I'm asking for education since you know all. Come on, you've gone from Oregon and Washington were not serious Big 10 additions, busting @tonyinmiami's balls, and last year's discussions were a joke, to now they are looking at taking half shares to join the Big 10......in about 45 minutes.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Come on oh deeply entrenched one, educate us. Who has been in serious negotiations with each conference for the past 6 months and where are they going? I'm not bitter at all. I want to be ahead of the newspapers because of your "connections". We'll see how correct you are in the next year or 2 and exalt you accordingly.

A lot of smoke online that FSU is preparing to challenge the GOR.
Check out Warchant if you can. One of the editors did a summary and basically said FSU simply is fed up with the idea that ACC programs will be at a $40 million per year media revenue disadvantage vs the B10 / SEC and they are leaving ... believe he is saying they hope enough programs decide to leave that it blows up the conference so the $120 Million exit fee goes away and they litigate the GOR but even if they leave alone it is better to pay the $120 million and litigate the GOR than remain in the ACC. He closed his comments stating that no final decision has been made to his knowledge, the desire to leave is widespread, and given that there is a board meeting scheduled for next week there is a possibility that they decide now is the time to pull the trigger and announce prior to Augl 15. Has reached the point that people / administrations are ****ed and indignant. Adios mfer.

Advertisement
Back