MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

FSU really gonna announce before us?

Not that it truly matters in the grand scheme of things, but I thought we were driving the ship here.

Advertisement
Why does this bother you?
Because right now the program needs any sort of momentum indicative of it being a top tier alpha. It didn’t happen on the field in 2022, and it’s yet to happen on the recruiting trail after the biggest month of recruiting (in terms of being elite, this class is outside the top 15 with 4-5 programs likely to pass us shortly if we don’t add some juice). I just said it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but the whole time it was Miami being the crown jewel of the Big10…now all of a sudden it’s the FSU smoke that drowns it out?

It’s probably just them being more public about it than anything, but the perception remains that FSU (being the better football program currently and while I HIGHLY DOUBT it finishes like this, the better recruiting class) is the driving force behind this, and will remain so if they’re the first ACC team to bolt. And perception matters. They can also sell it on the trail, even if it’s temporary while we follow suit.

We also trolled about FSU not being a part of that academic conglomerate while we were added, yet that doesn’t seem to matter now.

Last edited:

Not that it truly matters in the grand scheme of things, but I thought we were driving the ship here.
Seemed like it was a threesome with Miami, Clemson, and FSU being the most aggressive in wanting to leave. No idea how the SEC is reacting behind closed doors to this ... which teams they are interested / willing to take on board ... rather than lose them to the B10. We know Miami is THE prime B10 target (outside of ND ... which is most likely a scheduling agreement), and the B10 would like very much to add FSU ... do they prefer the SEC?

Because right now the program needs any sort of momentum indicative of it being a top tier alpha. I just said it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but the whole time it was Miami being the crown jewel of the Big10…now all of a sudden it’s the FSU smoke that drowns it out?

It’s probably just them being more public about it than anything, but the perception remains that FSU (being the better football program currently) is the driving force behind this, and will remain so if they’re the first ACC team to bolt. And perception matters. They can also sell it on the trail, even if it’s temporary while we follow suit.

We also trolled about FSU not being a part of that academic conglomerate while we were added, yet that doesn’t seem to matter now.
Really don't believe it matters if we all announce within the same week or two (ie before August 15). Then it is just the programs that wanted to leave keeping their word.

Advertisement
I’m probably just nitpicking and coming off mopey, but seriously all this secrecy on multiple fronts hasn’t resulted in jack except for smoke and mirrors and hype. Rad was brought in to pioneer this move, so let’s lead the way.

Or maybe the standards for what the U means have changed.

Apparently the B12 is just getting started. Greg Swaim just tweeted "B12 in discussions with Arizona, Oregon and Washington. If any back out then UCONN and another Pac 12 school will be considered". Will the B10 / ACC be the flavor of the day 2 weeks from now for similar activity?

Apparently the B12 is just getting started. Greg Swaim just tweeted "B12 in discussions with Arizona, Oregon and Washington. If any back out then UCONN and another Pac 12 school will be considered". Will the B10 / ACC be the flavor of the day 2 weeks from now for similar activity?
They’re going for the super basketball conference as well. Gonzaga, UConn and Arizona would be insane additions.

Colorado is going to have a very good bball team this year as well. Oregon and Dana Altman normally do well.

Define "before".

It's going to be the same timeframe, no matter who steps up to the microphone first.

There are some reasons to let F$U be the lead dog while we are the wheel dog.

Advertisement
Define "before".

It's going to be the same timeframe, no matter who steps up to the microphone first.

August 15 is a Tuesday ... any day prior to that date is basically the same for the school announcing ... "we gone".

Define "before".

I guess I’m failing to see the benefits of not being the lead figure in what is the biggest conference re-alignment in college football history, but if there some, then I guess we’ll see

1690580486665.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Big 12 will add more than that. They have been very aggressive going back to last year. Even tried selling us.

Advertisement
Back