MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
UNC is the prize both the B10 and SEC want - will be interesting to see their decision,

I don’t agree it’s as big a prize for big 10 as some say but that’s relative to position. They are top4 at worst just an argument of where that I disagree.

Downton Abbey Smile GIF

I don’t agree it’s as big a prize for big 10 as some say but that’s relative to position. They are top4 at worst just an argument of where that I disagree.
....Top 5 at worst for B10.
ND, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and UNC.
Think ND, Miami and FSU would be above UNC for B10 for sure imo. Clemson not as sure due to academics. But don't think it'd be surprising at all if they were above UNC too.

Top 4 of all the programs with interest in the B10 is something - nobody said #1.

Advertisement
....Top 5 at worst for B10.
ND, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and UNC.
Think ND, Miami and FSU would be above UNC for B10 for sure imo. Clemson not as sure due to academics. But don't think it'd be surprising at all if they were above UNC too.
Being realistic - for the next B10 expansion if it 4 teams - FSU most likely would not be a B10 take - as they would have Miami, possibly ND, and possibly UNC and UVA. AAU schools that add geographic footprint. FSU and Clemson realistically would more likely be SEC bound.

Being realistic - for the next B10 expansion if it 4 teams - FSU most likely would not be a B10 take - as they would have Miami, possibly ND, and possibly UNC and UVA. AAU schools that add geographic footprint. FSU and Clemson realistically would more likely be SEC bound.
THIS.

IS.

ABOUT.

FOOTBALL.

TV.

MONEY

FIRST.

this is not a linear conversation unless all things are equal which they aren’t for any school above so that refer back to this.

THIS.

IS.

ABOUT.

FOOTBALL.

TV.

MONEY

FIRST.

this is not a linear conversation unless all things are equal which they aren’t for any school above so that refer back to this.
That is correct ... and it is also about the AD's finding homes for ACC programs in order to dissolve the ACC .... and no way is one conference taking BOTH Miami and FSU. So ... the most realistic distribution of the programs would have FSU and Clemson to the SEC with Miami, ND, UNC and UVA to the B10.

I'm still not buying it. This is an arms race and staying ahead for the Big 2 is not only about acquiring better assets but also preventing your rival from also acquiring better assets. There are only so many valuable assets/brands left. And while I agree that Miami probably does not increase the SEC value significantly, the positive impact on the B1G is significant.

I have a hard time believing the SEC would just let the B1G into not only the Southeast but also Florida without a fight or a plan to prevent it.

This may be Florida just sharing misinformation because THEY don't want us in the SEC. I'm not sure the SEC leadership is short sighted or petty enough to just let the B1G waltz into the southeast and Florida and grab a premier program that will meaningfully boost their brand on a national level.

Advertisement
That is correct ... and it is also about the AD's finding homes for ACC programs in order to dissolve the ACC .... and no way is one conference taking BOTH Miami and FSU. So ... the most realistic distribution of the programs would have FSU and Clemson to the SEC with Miami, ND, UNC and UVA to the B10.
FSU and Miami would add to the BIG 10 pot. There are some rumors that BIG indicated that they would take FSU (and that AAU is not necessarily a requirement). IF SEC doesn't want to take FSU, BIG may take them as FSU would not vote to leave the ACC if they do not have a spot in SEC or BIG.

I'm still not buying it. This is an arms race and staying ahead for the Big 2 is not only about acquiring better assets but also preventing your rival from also acquiring better assets. There are only so many valuable assets/brands left. And while I agree that Miami probably does not increase the SEC value significantly, the positive impact on the B1G is significant.

I have a hard time believing the SEC would just let the B1G into not only the Southeast but also Florida without a fight or a plan to prevent it.

This may be Florida just sharing misinformation because THEY don't want us in the SEC. I'm not sure the SEC leadership is short sighted or petty enough to just let the B1G waltz into the southeast and Florida and grab a premier program that will meaningfully boost their brand on a national level.

Yep.

You have to play offense AND defense.

You're in denial for sure. No way the SEC grabs BOTH FSU and Miami .... 3 Florida programs? Not happening. Plus Miami has more to gain financially by joining the B10 ... their media deal is the best and the potential for access to incremental Federal Research funding for UM research programs could be more lucrative and important to the university than the media payout.

Advertisement
You're in denial for sure. No way the SEC grabs BOTH FSU and Miami .... 3 Florida programs? Not happening. Plus Miami has more to gain financially by joining the B10 ... their media deal is the best and the potential for access to incremental Federal Research funding for UM research programs could be more lucrative and important to the university than the media payout.
What am I in denial about? The SEC would be dumb to just let B1G waltz into Florida and grab one of the big 3.

I agree Miami would prefer the B1G (that's just my opinion).

What am I in denial about? The SEC would be dumb to just let B1G waltz into Florida and grab one of the big 3.

I agree Miami would prefer the B1G (that's just my opinion).
I think along this line as well. It's fun for other fans to try to poke Miami for one reason or another, but the reality is the SEC is not asking for their opinion.
This is about money and if Miami returns to "Miami" that's going to make someone a lot on money.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back