MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
They'd have to have a smoking gun to prove it.
No smoking gun needs to exist ... does not apply. People join and leave conferences all the time and their only limitations are those specifically outlined in their conference contracts. Both the Big 10 and Big 12 have openly commented in the past week that they are not done expanding and are evaluating expansion alternatives.

It literally becomes "every man for himself" in the event that 8 or more ACC programs agree to dissolve the ACC conference. Every conference member is aware of the fact that the "magnificent seven" are working in tandem to exit and part of that exit tactic is adding other ACC programs to the "out the door" group and also getting firm new conference invitations.

Advertisement
I live in ATL now, and I am telling you...I CONSTANTLY get people who come up and talk to me when I wear UM stuff (including my Dunks). A TON of Floridians have moved to the ATL.

I will say this, the ATL situation is a bit different, Athens is soooooo close to ATL, or at least the ATL metropolitan area. SO SO CLOSE.

On the other hand, Miami is 5-6 hours from Gainesville, though, and even farther from Tallahassee. AND ALSO what I'm saying is that there are a lot of SEC and Big 10 alums and fans who live in SoFla. So to "lock down" Florida is about more than just getting the Miami fans on-board, it is also about making UM football the 1A or 1B choice on nearly every TV from Orlando southward.
You are correct. Athens is so close that it is within the Atlanta TV market according to Nielsen.

Sorry been behind on all this, we have a chance to get out or is the program eternally screwed?

The answer is no….

Is PAC12 suing USC and UCLA????

Money is money…. Every school for itself
That's not the issue. You can freely move around. Think of it in terms of baseball free agency from 2018 where allegedly teams were not making offers in an effort to keep salaries down. Here it would be if the SEC and B10 are talking behind the scenes and almost doing a draft of who gets what school, does that cause any problems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Actually, I heard it’s really just a debate whether their contract with Deion requires them to help him with surgery for two artificial toes to bring him back to 10

Could be this part. "Personnel matter at CU System - personnel discussion"

Greg Flugauer today (Minnesota fan/YouTuber who — ridiculous as it sounds — has covered the realignment happenings as well as any actual "media" out there)

"We think Miami of Florida — and we've said this from Day 1 — is the most likely ACC school to join the Big Ten. They might not be the Big Ten's No. 1 target from the ACC, but they're the most likely school to join the Big Ten from the ACC. We don't think the SEC is gonna go for Miami of Florida. We know the Big Ten and SEC would both love North Carolina for example. So Notre Dame and Miami of Florida (to the Big Ten). Absolutely. Everybody is saying that right now."

LINK: https://twitter.com/flugempire?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Making $90-100M a year in a league with Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, USC and Washington?

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF by ProBit Global

Advertisement
Back