MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Actually, I heard it’s really just a debate whether their contract with Deion requires them to help him with surgery for two artificial toes to bring him back to 10

"The surgery was sucessful, Coach Neion..."

1685985209156.png

Still prefer the $EC by a longshot, but if the B1G is our best option, take it.
At this point, B1G or SEC are both DRASTIC upgrades over the ACC so I'll be happy either way. SEC would be nice for recruiting, exposure and recognition and the B1G would be great for the financial benefit and boost to recruiting as well, not to mention some of the built in rivalries we already have with some members. Just get me the **** out of the ACC lol.

At this point, B1G or SEC are both DRASTIC upgrades over the ACC so I'll be happy either way. SEC would be nice for recruiting, exposure and recognition and the B1G would be great for the financial benefit and boost to recruiting as well, not to mention some of the built in rivalries we already have with some members. Just get me the **** out of the ACC lol.
If ND goes B1G, we have an obvious built-in gold mine of a game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
B1G and SEC will both be super conferences. We just need to win and roll!

I’ll take the B1G over SEC slurpers…😈
I’ll host the every 3 to 4 year tailgates at the LA Coliseum and the Rose Bowl.

If you’ve never been to the Rose Bowl and that entire area, you have no idea what you’re missing. You don’t necessarily need a modern stadium to have an amazing experience. When a stadium and setting is that great.… and Rip orange bowl.

If we both end up in B1G would love that to be a permanent game, but the conference would def prioritize ND-USC & ND-Michigan over us, and probably ND-Michigan State?
I highly doubt they would prioritize Michigan. It’s not even a Historic on the field rival of theirs. Michigan State is who they play more often.

now off the field Notre dame hates Michigan for historical exclusion reasons. either way would be a great ongoing matchup.

I think the networks would rather be able to create the story of Catholic versus convicts more frequently not every 3 to 4 years in a rotation

Advertisement
We should have never joined the All Crappy Conference
Ok Nostradamus

then please tell me what we should’ve done back then not now with revisionist history knowledge

and I’ll help you don’t show your ignorance and say that we had a chance to go to the Big Ten and SEC back then because we didn’t

Ok Nostradamus

then please tell me what we should’ve done back then not now with revisionist history knowledge

and I’ll help you don’t show your ignorance and say that we had a chance to go to the Big Ten and SEC back then because we didn’t
We should have stayed right where we were...we would be in better shape NOW and and maybe already in the BIG or SEC now had we stayed on the Big East a few more years

Advertisement
I highly doubt they would prioritize Michigan. It’s not even a Historic on the field rival of theirs. Michigan State is who they play more often.

now off the field Notre dame hates Michigan for historical exclusion reasons. either way would be a great ongoing matchup.

I think the networks would rather be able to create the story of Catholic versus convicts more frequently not every 3 to 4 years in a rotation
I mean I definitely hope you are right lol. I'm not gonna pretend to be an expert on ND rivalries, but I thought ND-Michigan was a big one of theirs, wiki lists Michigan as their 3rd biggest rival fwiw.

I agree, but I worry B1G will be a sort of old boys club with Michigan getting priority over us, a la the ACC and Tobacco Road schools. Hope it isn't the case.

We should have stayed right where we were...we would be in better shape NOW and and maybe already in the BIG or SEC now had we stayed on the Big East a few more years

We should have stayed in the Big East? Suuuuure....

Let's not forget, Miami made a nice bundle WHEN WE WERE THE BIG EAST REPRESENTATIVE in a BCS bowl. And we were broke and had to borrow money from the UM operating fund when we didn't win as many games.

Let's not forget, Miami football had ALREADY started to decline when we moved from the BE to the ACC.

So, if you think we "would be in better shape NOW" after nearly 20 years of smaller BE payouts since 2004...well, then, I don't think there's anything to discuss...

Last edited:
Shalala jumped at the ACC, would have been better to stay in the Big East. That conference was fine until we left.

Uh...no.

That's simply not true. In fact, it was all of the problems with the Big East that led Miami to write up a memo (that the conference **** upon) years before we left for the ACC.

The Big East:
1685989787291.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back