MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Had a family member attend USF for grad school and it turns out that it's a legit academic institution. Their acceptance into the elite academic club makes sense to me.
It’s like uc- riverside. Everyone knows ucla and cal but… some other strong schools exist.

Had a family member attend USF for grad school and it turns out that it's a legit academic institution. Their acceptance into the elite academic club makes sense to me.

It's a good school, don't get me wrong.

The challenge becomes...what criteria distinguish it over UCF, FIU, and FAU.

Now, I kinda sorta know the answer. One thing is "age". USF has been good for longer than the other schools (though don't ignore the fact that UCF was FTU before a name-change).

Another thing is the research. Which, apparently, their med school does a lot of, at a level that was moderately surprising to me, which is fine.

But it's not just "legit academic institution". There are many of those NOT in the AAU.

Having said that, where I got hung up initially is that I read something about how "Miami brings the number of Florida schools to 3" and I was like WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** until I found out about USF.

Advertisement
I'm hella surprised Arizona St was one of the schools that got into the AAU
That’s because peoples perceptions and realities don’t mesh, They are a huge research school in one of the biggest metro markets in the country with a highly selective rate because of all of the applications they get but people just presume them to continue to be a party school because they have a bunch of hot girls on campus, which is in fact the case

Advertisement
That’s because peoples perceptions and realities don’t mesh, They are a huge research school in one of the biggest metro markets in the country with a highly selective rate because of all of the applications they get but people just presume them to continue to be a party school because they have a bunch of hot girls on campus, which is in fact the case

Come on, relax. We're all out here on the East Coast, we don't know what's goin' down at ASU other than what their Playboy/Princeton Review party ranking is...

:ROFLMAO:

If they go to 4 pods of 6, No way they give us Penn State and take them from OSU, Mich State and Mich. They will stick us with Rutgers instead as the ACC pod.

Then USC, UCLA, Oregon, UW, get stuck with NEB and Colorado and the OG B1G stays in the 2 center pods with ND somewhere

Colorado Big 12 bound based off rumors. If GT, UVA, and UNC coming with us I'd rather see ND included in that Pod. I'm sure they'll try to balance the Pods out to where one is not overly stacked than the others. Also they'll most likely take location into account to cut down on travel cost.

According to wiki their acceptance rate is 88%. That's the reason i didn't see them as the type of school that would get an invite.

Advertisement
Colorado Big 12 bound based off rumors. If GT, UVA, and UNC coming with us I'd rather see ND included in that Pod. I'm sure they'll try to balance the Pods out to where one is not overly stacked than the others. Also they'll most likely take location into account to cut down on travel cost.
No way they give us ND with their ties to Mich and MSU. We all want ND, but we would get them every 6 years if they rotate. Or if they do 1 v 1 v 1, etc (like they do in NFL conference) across pods that would help the competitive balance. But I would imagine they won't want the big boys knocking each other off every year

EAST Division
UM, GT, UNC, UVA, Rutgers, Maryland

Central
Mich, MSU, OSU, ND, Purdue, PSU

Midwest
Wisky, NW, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota

West
Neb, USC, UCLA, Oregon, UW, ? Col, ASU, Kansas, Utah other AAU options now

Last edited:
No way they give us ND with their ties to Mich and MSU. We all want ND, but we would get them every 6 years if they rotate. Or if they do 1 v 1 v 1, etc (like they do in NFL conference) across pods that would help the competitive balance. But I would imagine they won't want the big boys knocking each other off every year

EAST Division
UM, GT, UNC, UVA, Rutgers, Maryland

Central
Mich, MSU, OSU, ND, Purdue, PSU

Midwest
Wisky, NW, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota

West
Neb, USC, UCLA, Oregon, UW, ? Col, ASU, Kansas, Utah other AAU options now
that East division is poopoo and would be the red headed step child pod of the big10

Advertisement
It's a good school, don't get me wrong.

The challenge becomes...what criteria distinguish it over UCF, FIU, and FAU.

Now, I kinda sorta know the answer. One thing is "age". USF has been good for longer than the other schools (though don't ignore the fact that UCF was FTU before a name-change).

Another thing is the research. Which, apparently, their med school does a lot of, at a level that was moderately surprising to me, which is fine.

But it's not just "legit academic institution". There are many of those NOT in the AAU.

Having said that, where I got hung up initially is that I read something about how "Miami brings the number of Florida schools to 3" and I was like WHAT IN THE ACTUAL **** until I found out about USF.
I think USF and UCF have always been solidly above the rest of the public schools in Florida ( sans UF & FSU), at least for undergrad. When I applied to college about a decade ago it went like T1. UF T2. FSU T3. USF & UCF, and then FIU & FAU on the next tier. Again, only talking about public schools.

Advertisement
Back