MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement

David Hale is testing a new comedy routine because his cushy career is in jeopardy once the ACC goes Tsar Bomba in the next 24 months.

Going to be a lot harder to cover regional sports without leaving your couch in Raleigh when every school in the triangle and adjoining states is scattered to the four winds, like God intended.

For the record, I hate all of this. The one saving grace, born entirely of bitterness, is that the myopic **** e heads running the conference thought the only things that mattered in the world were the schools between Charlotte and Charlottesville. I can only celebrate this all falling in on their heads.

Have you seen Chris Stock? :)

Yes, but he's no match for this guy

Fermin.jpg.png

Advertisement
Anybody have thoughts on how moving to Big10 would affect recruiting/team performance? Would it hurt us with the other 2 both being in the SEC? Now having to convince kids to go play up north 6-7 games per year? Idk I’m just curious everyone’s thoughts.
Ohio State and Michigan do just fine with all of their games played up there.

Some:But but but Washington and Oregon - usc and ucla need a pod

Me/others: what if I told USC doesn’t want them in a perfect world- that they want exclusivity with ucla on recruiting california in a good conference vs Oregon with meh

that said if it goes to 24 for some reason, usc wouldn’t get the consideration. Not sure what happens if phil knight were to enter the chat, but that said, they did last year and here we are, Oregon sad

Completely agree. I used to work with a couple of USC grads, the "northern" schools (esp. UW, WSU, OU, and OSU) got angry over the Pac 12 North-South split, as they didn't have the chance to play in LA very frequently. The Pac 12 made some accomodations on that one.

USC and UCLA are fine going it alone. Kinda like when aTm went to the SEC on its own at first.

Completely agree. I used to work with a couple of USC grads, the "northern" schools (esp. UW, WSU, OU, and OSU) got angry over the Pac 12 North-South split, as they didn't have the chance to play in LA very frequently. The Pac 12 made some accomodations on that one.

USC and UCLA are fine going it alone. Kinda like when aTm went to the SEC on its own at first.

If I recall they did the opposite and guaranteed Cal and Stanford would both play UCLA and USC every year despite being in the North. That would be like the ACC guaranteeing UNC Duke NCSt and Wake all played each other despite being split in the Atlantic and Coastal...except no one in the ACC would really care.

Advertisement
Great pairing with WVU.

They are the USC-UCLA of toothless flyover country...

Is that necessary man? Seems like a lot of folks are okay with stereotypes in one direction. I think they're all funny including the one you posted, but the flyover country line goes along with that narrative for the side that can't have it done to them in return. I'm sure there's good people in Louisville, West Virginia, and the SEC region. And before anyone ask I'm not from Louisville, WV, and have still have all my teeth. Just not a fan of hypocrites.

Anybody have thoughts on how moving to Big10 would affect recruiting/team performance? Would it hurt us with the other 2 both being in the SEC? Now having to convince kids to go play up north 6-7 games per year? Idk I’m just curious everyone’s thoughts.
I would think an angle we take is Coast to Coast showcasing with USC and UCLA on possible schedules. SEC can't proclaim that type of coverage.

Is that necessary man? Seems like a lot of folks are okay with stereotypes in one direction. I think they're all funny including the one you posted, but the flyover country line goes along with that narrative for the side that can't have it done to them in return. I'm sure there's good people in Louisville, West Virginia, and the SEC region. And before anyone ask I'm not from Louisville, WV, and have still have all my teeth. Just not a fan of hypocrites.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by CBS News

Advertisement
If I recall they did the opposite and guaranteed Cal and Stanford would both play UCLA and USC every year despite being in the North. That would be like the ACC guaranteeing UNC Duke NCSt and Wake all played each other despite being split in the Atlantic and Coastal...except no one in the ACC would really care.

Yes, and then the northern schools complained about that.

Bye Bye ACC as we know it

B10 - Miami, UNC, UVA, ND (football has burn-off of NBC contract before full football)
SEC - Clemson, FSU
B12 - VT, NCST, LVille, Pitt
This makes a lot of sense in a lot of ways. It would suck to lose the FSU matchup, but since UF-FSU would become a conference came in that scenario, potentially FSU's OOC game could still be us.

Advertisement
Wow I haven’t been here in awhile. Looks like those wild posts @Boarcane and myself made early last summer wasn’t so crazy. Then in February when I said the GOR wasn’t nearly as much of an obstacle as people thought.
It’s crazy how far ahead you are than media members who get paid to know what’s going on. Even today there are so called experts that think the primary goal is to get unequal revenue sharing.

Plenty of ACC schools are already far enough North to where that doesn’t really matter IMHO. Outside FSU (who’s an 8 hour drive away), the next closest program is Georgia Tech in Atlanta. Atlanta gets chilly in the Fall. Pittsburgh ain’t too far from Happy Valley or The Shoe. I’d have to double check but Pitt is probably closer to Michigan than Miami is to FSU. Syracuse and Boston College are farther north than any BIG program. The BIG adding schools in California proves distance doesn’t matter to them and I don’t see why it would be an issue for us.

I would think an angle we take is Coast to Coast showcasing with USC and UCLA on possible schedules. SEC can't proclaim that type of coverage.
And if the conference gets close to 20 something teams, I imagine there will be a scheduling system in place that makes sense if distance becomes an issue (but I don’t see why it would). I’d love to see us play in California. We never go out west for non-conference games or bowl matchups not in El Paso.

Advertisement
Back