MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

You’re on the right track

David Hale and Andrea Adelson can step on a rusty nail…. I don’t pay attention to anything they say

ESPN is gonna pretend like the acc can’t do anything until it’s too late, which it almost is, especially with Amazon and Apple throwin out money to join the party

Even if the money was the same to join SEC, which it isn’t, I hope the top ACC schools leave to big ten just to spite them

Exactly.

Most of these hacks like Hale and Adelson — and there's a 1,000 more just like them — simply regurgitate what their 'trusted sources" dish out.

They don't even know enough to be aware they're being fed lies.

The "Magnificent Seven" ploy doesn't happen unless UM and these others six ACC schools are full speed ahead on trying to GTFO.

Simple as that

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good call OCC

B1G 24: Add Cal, Duke, Kansas, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, Washington (or substitute Colorado for Duke)

SEC 24: Add C-A-N-E-S, semenholes, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC State, Virginia, VA Tech, West Virginia (or sub Duke for WVU)

If they both go big-big, that is a possibility (though Mizzou stays SEC and the Big 10 takes GaTech).

I'd be fine with either the SEC or Big 10 for Miami. I have a preference, but either one would be a great partner.

Is there 1 that has Miami on it….
Right, but you aren't going to get the votes to disband the ACC unless ALL the yes voters have a seat at that table.

Not 8-9 seats available and nobody is doing this to go to the crappy current big 12.

Only way you get the votes is if the secret seven plus one or two start their own league

Advertisement
1. Show me where Oregon football doesn’t rate higher media wise than UVA/UNC/VTech. And if the argument is broader market SF, Sac, Phoenix, Seattle,Portland, all are higher than anywhere in Virginia…
Dude that’s a huge area you just pulled from to try to support the University of Oregon tv market. Sac, SF, and especially Phoenix???

By those standards just pull the entire mid Atlantic and beyond for UVA and VT, both of whom legit pull from all over Virginia plus DC Metro.

This thread isn’t dedicated to a 20 team B10 conference lol. It is about conference realignment. If you are talking about a 20 team conference and I say I can’t see Oregon and Washington (and Stanford and Cal but to a lesser extent), clearly you should be able to deduce that I don’t think a 20 team conference is how it will play out. Lol. I do love how you get to dictate what is discussed though.
i love that you laugh and are so patient.

Advertisement
Right, but you aren't going to get the votes to disband the ACC unless ALL the yes voters have a seat at that table.

Not 8-9 seats available and nobody is doing this to go to the crappy current big 12.

Only way you get the votes is if the secret seven plus one or two start their own league
You're wrong about that. Why wouldn't Pitt or VT or Louisville be willing to go to the Big12 where they'd get more money annually for the next 10+ years while simultaneously fleeing a sinking ship?

Nice ... will be an interesting year for sure. No more ACC no more Charlotte championship venue.
ACC should have BEEN moved the title game to Tampa. No one wants to sit in the frickin cold that time of the year freezing ur sack off. Even the B1G who are notorious for cold weather teams play their championship game in a dome stadium. So does the SEC.

If the ACC survives it needs to immediately move that Championship game to Raymond James Stadium

From 2022:

From 2021:

That’s interesting. I see Oregon is high up there. We’re hard to judge as you can’t watch us on a real network lately it seems. 2021 better than 2022. I wonder where we ranked in 2017?

Advertisement
You're wrong about that. Why wouldn't Pitt or VT or Louisville be willing to go to the Big12 where they'd get more money annually for the next 10+ years while simultaneously fleeing a sinking ship?
The acc remnants would be better than the big 12 once they shed the TV contract and can renegotiate.

Should be interesting

SEC invite would be biggest moment in UM sports since the 5th championship; B1G invite would be a helluva consolation prize, though

Hers the thing. The current SEC tv deal is the second worst negotiated contract behind the ACC tv deal.

Only way Miami goes to SEC is if espn plays nice and renegotiates the SEC tv deal, and they dont have a lot of incentive to do that, other than to play defense against the Big Ten, who is running circles around every other conference from a tv standpoint

Advertisement
You guys are reading these things so wrong as I’ve tried to explain earlier in this thread life but I’m also not going to try and reexplain it yet again as you guys use data but not context to draw the wrong conclusions over and over again. I don’t try to explain to engineers How I have tools to argue with them and I’m not going to argue with people that have no experience in tv rights or media marketing or streaming how they know more because of this link I gave here

Advertisement
Back