MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Good for $$$, but that is about it. If things go down the way this guy predicts, forget about playing Florida State as a yearly rival anymore. They'll go to the Florida/ND model of once every few years (if that). Plus, travel for the non-revenue sports would be terrible.
I’d rather be in the BIG playing SCw, Ohio State, Nebraska, Penn st, Michigan
than playing ole miss, auburn, lsu and the gamecocks
Only way fsu game is ending if is fsu decides like Florida to drop the game

Yeah but going to Syracuse and BC was for 2 teams only and not even every year.

Now almost every team we play against will be as far as Syracuse and BC and it'll be multiple times a year traveling that far.

The amount of travel will go up significantly which just means more late nights and early mornings, way more money spent on traveling, and just harder on the student athletes in general (not to mention the players' families). Not all sports have the support that the football players have that make all that travel much easier on them.

There won't be a single game for them closer than against Maryland. For football where you travel only 5 times a year and can charter a plane, not a big deal. But for basketball and baseball, and of course all the smaller sports, it'll add up.

View attachment 235546
View attachment 235547
Go BIG for football and another conference for other sports.

If FSU and UF are in the same conference it actually frees up a Non Conference game for both of them. So unless they fully eliminate Non Conference games, UF and FSU being in the SEC is actually more likely to get us all 3 to play each other yearly imo. I mean us 3 being in same conference would be better…
UF won’t play us annually. UF will prob drop us forever after the beat down coming 2024

Advertisement
Someone remind me, when did OU/Texas to SEC and UCLA/USC to B1G get announced??

I prefer B1G over SEC. B1G will be a national coast to coast conference and best academic conference by far. New rivalries

Miami USC
Miami tOSU

Will be a lot of fun. And I expect Notre Dame will eventually want in.

Interesting to see if SEC will make a play though to get UM over UF and (FSUs) objection because they want to keep the B1G out of S Fl. That will be a bigger long term problem for SEC recruiting than Miami being in the SEC.

UF won’t play us annually. UF will prob drop us forever after the beat down coming 2024
I mean that would be no worse than it is now.

Im just saying theoretically it would free up a Non-Con game for both UF and FSU if they’re in SEC together. So we could have yearly games with them. I mean it’s give us an insane gauntlet of games…. But it would be great for attendance if we had a guaranteed home game against FSU or UF every year.

The demise of the ACC is inevitable. However it will be a few years until the conference crumbles. Clemson and FSU will be the first programs to bolt. All signs point to them joining the SEC. Where Miami ends up is anybody’s guess, but I don’t think we’ll be left out of any of the 2 potential super conferences. The SEC makes sense geographically and we’d preserve in state rivalries with FSU and play UF annually (maybe?). I don’t know if the SEC wants Miami and I question whether we’d benefit their league.

Advertisement

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

I prefer B1G over SEC. B1G will be a national coast to coast conference and best academic conference by far. New rivalries

Miami USC
Miami tOSU

Will be a lot of fun. And I expect Notre Dame will eventually want in.

Interesting to see if SEC will make a play though to get UM over UF and (FSUs) objection because they want to keep the B1G out of S Fl. That will be a bigger long term problem for SEC recruiting than Miami being in the SEC.
5DCA8982-5E19-4C65-A074-50F3642ECDAB.jpeg

1. SEC (Grade: A+): Best conference in College Football by far — and we are (supposed to be) a football school. Play FSU and UF on a regular basis. Nuf said about that (but the rest of an SEC schedule would be good/great every season and would definitely boost JRS attendance as long as we weren't crapping the bed). Most travel friendly conference option and we'd be much more likely to avoid those late-season games in snow, ice, etc

2. B1G (B): Wouldn't be the SEC, so say goodbye to playing the turds and holes. But regular games against Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, USC (and who knows else) would be one helluva consolation prize. Can only imagine the anti-Canes SoFla recruiting tactics by SEC schools if we end up in the B1G. Sankey would probably hand out bonuses every time one of his schools signed a 5- or 4-star from Dade, Broward or PB

Advertisement
Tweaked it for what will happen if the Noles end up in the SEC and we don't

Attn: to the #IRespectFSUBecauseTheyStillPlayMiami crowd 😏
Prob true but I’m ok with that if we are in the BIG playing uscW annually

Big ten is being set up to have a bigger media market which is king in nil so hopefully that’s where Miami lands

The demise of the ACC is inevitable. However it will be a few years until the conference crumbles. Clemson and FSU will be the first programs to bolt. All signs point to them joining the SEC. Where Miami ends up is anybody’s guess, but I don’t think we’ll be left out of any of the 2 potential super conferences. The SEC makes sense geographically and we’d preserve in state rivalries with FSU and play UF annually (maybe?). I don’t know if the SEC wants Miami and I question whether we’d benefit their league.
SEC doesn’t benefit miami other than travel for non football sports. Big ten way better academically and tv fights with LA market is a boom

Advertisement
1. SEC (Grade: A+): Best conference in College Football by far — and we are (supposed to be) a football school. Play FSU and UF on a regular basis. Nuf said about that (but the rest of an SEC schedule would be good/great every season and would definitely boost JRS attendance as long as we weren't crapping the bed). Most travel friendly conference option and we'd be much more likely to avoid those late-season games in snow, ice, etc

2. B1G (B): Wouldn't be the SEC, so say goodbye to playing the turds and holes. But regular games against Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, USC (and who knows else) would be one helluva consolation prize. Can only imagine the anti-Canes SoFla recruiting tactics by SEC schools if we end up in the B1G. Sankey would probably hand out bonuses every time one of his schools signed a 5- or 4-star from Dade, Broward or PB
Agreed. I don’t want to hear people say “but we’d be (insert bad record here) in the SEC”. Well we were 5-7 in the God awful ACC last year, so what is there to lose? Being in the ACC has done nothing good for this football program, but hey look at how much better basketball has become after playing in the same conference as the blue bloods of men’s CBB. Playing better teams will make you better in the long run.

And what big time South FL recruit wants to play Duke and Virginia in front of nobody on Bally Sports every week? Top recruits want to play in marquee games in the SEC and I don’t blame them. Being in the SEC would help recruiting here. No doubt about it.

SEC doesn’t benefit miami other than travel for non football sports. Big ten way better academically and tv fights with LA market is a boom
Financially in terms of TV market revenue, Miami doesn’t do much for the SEC. However, I wonder if the SEC would benefit from having in-state rivalry games with FSU and UF annually if Miami were in the SEC. I imagine those games would generate a lot of buzz. Crowing the state champions of Florida gives the media something to talk about and we all know how desperate they are for stories. Fans of all 3 programs still love watching us play each other regardless of how average we’ve all been recently. HRS has a guarantee sellout every year and I bet Miami fans will travel to Gainesville and Tallahassee. Others have mentioned the SEC cornering the Florida market and it seems like a logical argument.

Regardless I still don’t think the SEC wants Miami like they want FSU and Clemson, but Miami could bring something to the table depending on how you look at it. I wonder when FSU and Clemson will officially bolt, or announce when they’re bolting. Likely not this year or next, but I say 2025 is when they’ll officially announce their exit plans.

Agreed. I don’t want to hear people say “but we’d be (insert bad record here) in the SEC”. Well we were 5-7 in the God awful ACC last year, so what is there to lose? Being in the ACC has done nothing good for this football program, but hey look at how much better basketball has become after playing in the same conference as the blue bloods of men’s CBB. Playing better teams will make you better in the long run.

And what big time South FL recruit wants to play Duke and Virginia in front of nobody on Bally Sports every week? Top recruits want to play in marquee games in the SEC and I don’t blame them. Being in the SEC would help recruiting here. No doubt about it.
(y)

For the other side, which kind of "Miami should join the Big Ten instead of SEC" fan are you? 😃

Eunuchs: "The SEC is too tough. Canes will never, ever win and we'll all be miserable forever" 😭

Moralists: "SEC are a bunch of cheaters with no conscience. Miami should want no part of that" ⛪

Elitists: "Frankly, I'm not at all interested in Miami associating with a bunch of ignorant rednecks" 🍷

Eggheads: "Big Ten is the superior academic conference. These are STUDENT-athletes, remember?" 📚

Self-centered: "I live near Chicago. It'll be so easy for me to attend a few Canes games each year!!" 🤗

Crowning the state champions of Florida gives the media something to talk about and we all know how desperate they are for stories. Fans of all 3 programs still love watching us play each other regardless of how average we’ve all been recently. HRS has a guarantee sellout every year and I bet Miami fans will travel to Gainesville and Tallahassee.

Can't wait

wrestling brawl GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Back