MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

LMAO, that was the face I had. Let's move to a conference that just got UCF to come in and create a rivalry with them, while FSU is most likely to go to the SEC, making big money and playing UF. Oh, not to mention, they generate less revenue than the ACC and haven't won squat since 2005.

BUT BUT BUt THE OFFENSE IS EXCITING, BRO.

If you think this program would win anything noteworthy in the SEC or B1G, I also have some beachfront property to sell you.

It’s not just about Offense, but on that topic, we should definitely move closer to our ultimate goal to become like Michigan & Kentucky bro, because that’s certainly gonna work out for us...

But aside from that, it’s about projecting forward & putting yourself in the most likely situation to create success.

But you know what, never mind... Idek why I waste my time trying explain this sh*t all the time, you guys like learning the hard way, so let me just shut up lol

Advertisement
If you think this program would win anything noteworthy in the SEC or B1G, I also have some beachfront property to sell you.

It’s not just about Offense, but on that topic, we should definitely move closer to our ultimate goal to become like Michigan & Kentucky bro, because that’s certainly gonna work out for us...

But aside from that, it’s about projecting forward & putting yourself in the most likely situation to create success.

But you know what, never mind... Idek why I waste my time trying explain this sh*t all the time, you guys like learning the hard way, so let me just shut up lol

Well, I will take the L on this one. Money is my biggest factor, and that's just my opinion. BIG12 new deal changes that. I spoke too soon. I do think they are going to get some PAC teams too. It'll open more recruiting for Miami, so I am not against it.

Now for the offense, it sucks. We all know that. My take was going to the 12 for exciting offense football over money. I hope we adjust to what equates to winning at the end of the day. I am a fan of the hurricanes, not a coach, so whoever gets us there is who I want.

Well, I will take the L on this one. Money is my biggest factor, and that's just my opinion. BIG12 new deal changes that. I spoke too soon. I do think they are going to get some PAC teams too. It'll open more recruiting for Miami, so I am not against it.

Now for the offense, it sucks. We all know that. My take was going to the 12 for exciting offense football over money. I hope we adjust to what equates to winning at the end of the day. I am a fan of the hurricanes, not a coach, so whoever gets us there is who I want.
Money WILL be the biggest factor and with the new deal Big XII teams will get a little more than what ACC teams make right now

Nowhere close to the B1G/SEC money.

Advertisement
Money WILL be the biggest factor and with the new deal Big XII teams will get a little more than what ACC teams make right now

Nowhere close near the B1G/SEC money
One thing is for sure we have to leave the ACC with this current deal. We can't just say no of going to another conference because we are scared of not winning. The 10, 12, or SEC for me. Get that money and remain relevant.

Also, USC signed Lincoln Riley, knowing they would make bank at the 10. What have they won before him? Miami can win spending like the other programs. If Mario isn't it, you have the revenue to go after another big-name coach.

What’s ACC total revenue?

And it’s crazy Big 12 new deal expires before ACC current one does

Because the people in charge know that the way revenues are increasing every year it’s stupid to tie yourself into a contract that outdated in 12-18 months…

it’s comical that they took this deal just so they could get the ACC Network. They mortgaged the future of the entire conference on a terrible deal, for a tv channel. A tv channel that half the providers don’t carry. That has worse camera angles than free p*rn sites. That plays more women’s soccer than football. That can’t get a better sponsor than the chop it guy.

You almost have to admire the lack of thought and effort that went into this.

Advertisement
it’s comical that they took this deal just so they could get the ACC Network. They mortgaged the future of the entire conference on a terrible deal, for a tv channel. A tv channel that half the providers don’t carry. That has worse camera angles than free p*rn sites. That plays more women’s soccer than football. That can’t get a better sponsor than the chop it guy.

Keep a barf bag at the ready:

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/08/08/Champions/John-Swofford.aspx

"The ACC Network came with a price, and that price was an interminably long media rights agreement with ESPN that goes out to 2036.

The length of the ACC’s media rights deal has drawn scrutiny in recent months as conference realignment and expansion by the SEC and Big Ten reshuffled the power deck in college athletics. While those conferences are going back to their media partners for another round of revenue increases, the ACC is tied to the long-term 20-year extension through 2036.

What is overlooked, though, is that there wouldn’t be an ACC Network without such a lengthy media rights agreement. It was the cost of doing business at the time.

In fact, ESPN originally fought for the deal to extend out to 2039, but Swofford talked them down three years.

“People are always going to second-guess decisions and ask why they did such a long-term deal,” Skipper said. “It was an exchange of value. John was anxious to have a network, and I was anxious for him to have one. We did very good business with the SEC Network, which was a moneymaking business for us from Day 1. So, we were not reluctant participants in doing another network."

1. Swofford wanted a TV network because Slive/Sankey had one and his ego drove the deal to the point of blindness on the basic economic premise that there is ALWAYS Inflation.

2. Swafford ran the ACC for UNC's benefit and dreamed of UNC winning a football NC; again his personal dream made the interests of ACC schools a distant second...Remember how little personal capital he used during the Shapiro case? Heck, he probably wanted Miami to get the death penalty to help UNC

3. ACC staff, including officiating, were spineless "Yes-Men" MIT Sloan Sports peer-reviewed paper priced UNC and other Tobacco Road schools were beneficiaries of Swofford directed bias officiating.

Last edited:
Keep a barf bag at the ready:

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/Journal/Issues/2022/08/08/Champions/John-Swofford.aspx

"The ACC Network came with a price, and that price was an interminably long media rights agreement with ESPN that goes out to 2036.

The length of the ACC’s media rights deal has drawn scrutiny in recent months as conference realignment and expansion by the SEC and Big Ten reshuffled the power deck in college athletics. While those conferences are going back to their media partners for another round of revenue increases, the ACC is tied to the long-term 20-year extension through 2036.

What is overlooked, though, is that there wouldn’t be an ACC Network without such a lengthy media rights agreement. It was the cost of doing business at the time.

In fact, ESPN originally fought for the deal to extend out to 2039, but Swofford talked them down three years.

“People are always going to second-guess decisions and ask why they did such a long-term deal,” Skipper said. “It was an exchange of value. John was anxious to have a network, and I was anxious for him to have one. We did very good business with the SEC Network, which was a moneymaking business for us from Day 1. So, we were not reluctant participants in doing another network."

1. Swofford wanted a TV network because Slive/Sankey had one and his ego drove the deal to the point of blindness on the basic economic premise that there is ALWAYS Inflation.

2. Swafford ran the ACC for UNC's benefit and dreamed of UNC winning a football NC; again his personal dream made the interests of ACC schools a distant second...Remember how little personal capital he used during the Shapiro case? Heck, he probably wanted Miami to get the death penalty to help UNC

3. ACC staff, including officiating, were spineless "Yes-Men" MIT Sloan Sports peer-reviewed paper priced UNC and other Tobacco Road schools were benificiaries of Swofford directed bias officiating.
“Talked them down 3 years.”

He’s trying to play that up like he did well lmaoooo

The ACC and PAC 12 are dead man walking.
Those are our 3 options. Eventually will be 3 superconferences. Big 12 and sec will have 16-20 teams and big 12 will have 24.

Not sure if u were at the game or saw it on TV; but if u watched it on TV, when they interviewed Phillips, did u hear how he was basically pleading & selling the ACC? Trying to list all these accomplishments, most in non revenue generating sports. He sounded very Blake James-ish. It was low key embarrassing.

Advertisement
Ah, so that is why ACC Commissioner Jim Phillips was at the Miami/UVA game...Dude knew this was going to drop and he wanted to be as far away from the ESECPN cameras. MUCH easier to take beach ball questions from RSN dolts about "Olympic sports" and talking about Cross Country finals instead of the gorilla, elephant, and freakin'Blue Whale in the booth, AKA ACC won't be able to compete in 6 years or maybe less.

Yeah, it his all because his predecessor, Mr "Save the ACC" John Swofford let fellow UNC alum John Skipper do it him huge without lube; but Phillips is a docile little twerp who seems content to just beg ND AD John Swarbrick to join...ACC Commissioners need a better pimp, the "Johns" are running roughshod over them.

And you wonder why so many of us for for Lane Kiffin to get Miami to compete faster...By the time Mario gets anything done, we will have the annual Mario Bowl game...In the Sun Belt conference.

U noticed that too, huh?

I enjoyed watching on the Australian feed the last few weeks while the ACC Network ran rereuns of “paid programming”…

Advertisement
I’m not surprised, Big12 football is a great product, even w/o OU and TX.

This is what I’m not seeing.. without Texas and OU the BIG 12 is going to look like a slightly a MEGA AAC conference Over time it seems like that could end up working against us in the long run.

While I agree with you about us winning in those conferences, my concern is still the money.

Moving from the ACC to the Big 12 would net us much more money and give us an easier path. But the Big 12 is going to end up viewed as a step below the other two conferences because of all the big brands being elsewhere.

On top of that, even with the extra money we’re getting from moving on from the terrible ACC media deal, it’s still going to be *checks notes* almost 50 million less than what teams in the other two conferences are going to make annually. If you don’t think that we aren’t going to feel the effects of that from a recruiting/facility/overall on field product standpoint, then I have some beachfront real estate in Ohio to sell you

While I agree with you about us winning in those conferences, my concern is still the money.

Moving from the ACC to the Big 12 would net us much more money and give us an easier path. But the Big 12 is going to end up viewed as a step below the other two conferences because of all the big brands being elsewhere.

On top of that, even with the extra money we’re getting from moving on from the terrible ACC media deal, it’s still going to be *checks notes* almost 50 million less than what teams in the other two conferences are going to make annually. If you don’t think that we aren’t going to feel the effects of that from a recruiting/facility/overall on field product standpoint, then I have some beachfront real estate in Ohio to sell you
We're currently in the ACC which is viewed as 15 steps below.

Great reply to LCE but OH does have beachfront real estate!

Advertisement
Back