MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

That's wild. Considering it's a deal that greatly impacts the revenue of publicly funded institutions (at least for all the state schools), seems like FOIA requests to determine how good/bad the deal is would be highly relevant to taxpayers. Any lawyers out there? Please submit requests to all the state schools. Let's see just how unbreakable the GOR really is...
It's just emblematic of how garbage the media has become on many levels. And not even just sports media in this instance. As you alluded to, there are PLENTY of public institutions in the ACC and the deal should've been acquired by local/state media and examined asap after it was signed.

Advertisement
The only thing she's inside is all of our hearts.
adopts cat lady GIF

SMD is always in her feline's hearts too!

Good God. Nice selective memory. You’re not some martyred savant. Let’s bring it back to how you started in that discussion. You were absolutely speaking from a place of ignorance when you were talking about how, if the University of Miami wanted to, they could essentially just tell the government to fûck off and build a stadium on campus regardless of approvals for zoning, environmental, public infrastructure including its funding - like for road improvements - stuff like that.

I know @OriginalCanesCanesCanes remembers.

And on another note, yes the gator does not want either us or Florida State in the SEC competing with them on an equal footing. That’s known. They’re a chicken **** program. They will try to block us if they can along with UGA and USCe vis-a-vis GT and Clemson.

At the end of the day, I was the first to say Miami had money…everyone thought I was crazy for saying so and then Ruiz and Mas entered the realm of your awareness and now it’s known by all.

I was the first to say we were getting a stadium. I was the first to say SEC. Those are just facts. Savant is your word, not mine.

At the end of the day, I was the first to say Miami had money…everyone thought I was crazy for saying so and then Ruiz and Mas entered the realm of your awareness and now it’s known by all.

I was the first to say we were getting a stadium. I was the first to say SEC. Those are just facts. Savant is your word, not mine.
My issue with what you said back then was your comment essentially that if Miami was serious, they’d just build a stadium on-campus and tell the government tough **** whether they have approvals or not.

That was unreasonable.

Advertisement
My issue with what you said back then was your comment essentially that if Miami was serious, they’d just build a stadium on-campus and tell the government tough **** whether they have approvals or not.

That was unreasonable.

What I said was I’m fine with UM building a stadium anywhere but I prefer on campus, and if Miami wanted to make that happen they have the pull. I still believe that. And so did Ruiz, apparently, as his first publicly voiced option was Coral Gables High.

That's not rich mahogany you're smelling.

Advertisement
What I said was I’m fine with UM building a stadium anywhere but I prefer on campus, and if Miami wanted to make that happen they have the pull. I still believe that. And so did Ruiz, apparently, as his first publicly voiced option was Coral Gables High.
What you said was in regards to SMU to begin with and how can they build an on campus stadium but UM can’t and then you broadened it to the Gables.

55F354C0-1D4D-47E2-81D6-92E3559CFF30.jpeg

410597F2-A818-407D-A240-5575FCC136B4.jpeg

E67CA377-F5AF-4CAA-8184-049BEC4ADCB0.jpeg

You went on to say that UM could pack city meetings with people, re-write the zoning ordinances and do what we want in Coral Gables but we won’t.

It just doesn’t work like you want it to.

Advertisement
Some real bizarre **** going on in this thread over issues that we completely litigated a long time ago.

See the photo below. You simply bulldoze the area enclosed in the green circle and that's moar than enough land for a Baylor-esque on-campus stadium.

Screenshot_20220726-204037_Word.jpg

It's 2022. The entire catalog of the library should be digitized and moved online. Academic buildings are just brick & mortar. You use eminent domain to seize Coral Gables High and move classes there. You then educate the displaced high school students in the Watsco Center- Hurricane Katrina style. It's high school not medical school. They should just be glad that we're leaving the a/c on for them.

Close thread.

Which do we prefer?

A conference that includes Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Clemson, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma

Or one with the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, USC, Oregon and Washington

I'd go with the SEC just to have UF and FSU on the schedule, but we definitely couldn't go wrong either way

Advertisement
Which do we prefer?

A conference that includes Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Clemson, LSU, Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma

Or one with the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, USC, Oregon and Washington

I'd go with the SEC just to have UF and FSU on the schedule, but we definitely couldn't go wrong either way
I'm on the record favoring the B1G as our destination but IDGAF if we end up in the SEC at this point either. I just want out of the ACC and the new alignment to fully emerge and to stay relatively consistent for a decent period of time.

That said, nothing might be better than us getting into the Playoff and causing some REAL noise before we actually leave to another conference. Walk in with the big d!ck swinging and instantly dismiss any notions of inferiority as the new kid.

Advertisement
Back