MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Random question, but isn't it weird that the 2016 ACC grant of rights extension is not public? I can only find the 2013 one online. I figured the 2016 version would be available from a state school through an FOIA request by now

Advertisement
Random question, but isn't it weird that the 2016 ACC grant of rights extension is not public? I can only find the 2013 one online. I figured the 2016 version would be available from a state school through an FOIA request by now
There's only one known written copy of it and it is kept under lock & key in Mike Krzyzewski's garage.

Andy Staples discussed how basically the schools do everything they can to deny or delay sharing things of that nature when a FOIA is submitted. He actually had the earlier copy and when he contacted the ACC asking about it, they were surprised that he had gotten a hold of it and essentially said that it was an accident that he was able to get it.

"Three sources briefed by the UM administration said this week that neither the Southeastern Conference nor the Big 10 has offered membership to UM nor shown any serious interest in adding the Hurricanes," Barry Jackson wrote.

With all due respect, Jackson ain't got a clue on this story.

Conferences aren't going to "reach out" to to schools and get caught up in leaks and tampering charges that could provide an opportunity for politicians and administrators from schools getting left behind to derail the process.

These discussions are top secret for a reason and only the SEC and B1G commissioners, the top execs and their negotiators at ESPN and FOX and the top-level administrators at the potential new schools are gonna be involved.

There's a reason why even the Big 12 and Pac-12 commissioners were shocked by the news that Oklahoma and Texas and USC and UCLA were leaving for greener pasture$.

**** is being kept under wraps. Nobody is finding out anything until the ink is dry on the contract.
Nobody 😂 have they been here @Cribby I’m dying

Nobody 😂 have they been here @Cribby I’m dying

Almost nobody, how's that? :LOL:

Really trying point that the media is especially in the dark in this story

There are always people with connections to folks at the very top of the food chain ... not questioning their existence or their insider-ness.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Neither of them knows much. McMurphy is the one reporting that the UM AD search was a ****show.
I doubt he knows what's going on inside UM athletic department so it doesn't surprise me that he thought it was chaotic.

But on a national college football level he's absolutely more plugged in than Barry Jackson.

Go ahead and separate the wheat from the chaff there and drop Cal and FSU from consideration. 🤣

Jokes aside, FSU should just replicate the bribe or favor to DeSantis again with US News to give them that ridiculously high ranking in consecutive years. Give the B1G something/anything to work with academically because taking BOTH remaining Florida schools (spare me the UCF dreams for now) would be quite the follow-up shot at the SEC after taking control of California.

This is the new college football. BIG10 in play and I’m sure the SEC doesn’t want them down in South Florida. With our new commitment to athletics and our brand being what it is… I’m confident that we won’t get left out. Now it’s all about which conference our administration thinks will suit us best on and off the field
37E6885B-5509-4757-AD4F-235D57F753B4.png

Advertisement
That said, if the B1G wants to hold onto some academic angle, adding cal makes sense to offset someone they are adding for sport balls.
Agreed but I think if you add Stanford then you've more than sufficiently checked that box- especially if FSU is the weakest add-on academically. You can just mumble about them being close to a "top 50 national university" and then tell anyone in-house that complains to shut up before someone brings up Nebraska's academic bonafides (or glaring lack thereof).

The last thing I was told is SEC. Nothings changed.
Due to being a package with Clemson or is there some other additional draw/preference?

From a purely financial sense it seems like the B1G (as of right now) might have a slightly higher possible trajectory than the SEC.

Advertisement
This is the new college football. BIG10 in play and I’m sure the SEC doesn’t want them down in South Florida. With our new commitment to athletics and our brand being what it is… I’m confident that we won’t get left out. Now it’s all about which conference our administration thinks will suit us best on and off the field View attachment 200734
total opposite of what our commissioner said. he was talking about looking out for everyone but all we care about is us.

Andy Staples discussed how basically the schools do everything they can to deny or delay sharing things of that nature when a FOIA is submitted. He actually had the earlier copy and when he contacted the ACC asking about it, they were surprised that he had gotten a hold of it and essentially said that it was an accident that he was able to get it.
That's wild. Considering it's a deal that greatly impacts the revenue of publicly funded institutions (at least for all the state schools), seems like FOIA requests to determine how good/bad the deal is would be highly relevant to taxpayers. Any lawyers out there? Please submit requests to all the state schools. Let's see just how unbreakable the GOR really is...

Advertisement
Back