MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Watching all these cash grabs and tradition be damned, how long until the fat in the SEC and Big 10 is trimmed off to make room for marquis brands from other conferences? Vandy, Northwestern, Purdue, South Carolina, etc. Since it is all about maximizing the TV contract, when does someone get the idea of axing these schools that take more than they provide to the conference?

Advertisement
It wasn't so much Miami that he was defending it was "Mario Cristobal who is highly regarded in the State of Alabama and would be a likely successor to Nick Saban".
It definitely sounds like Paul thinks that is coming. He knows Kirby not leaving Georgia. And he hates Dabo so won’t acknowledge him as a possible successor to Saban. Alabama will be interested in Mario if he does well at Miami. But, if he does well at Miami, I really don’t think Mario would leave Miami for Alabama. This is one reason I feel like Mario was the “more right” hire for Miami than Kiffin. To me, I wanted either Mario or Kiffin. Glad we got Mario (although I would have been happy getting Kiffin but would have worried more that he would leave if he had success).

It definitely sounds like Paul thinks that is coming. He knows Kirby not leaving Georgia. And he hates Dabo so won’t acknowledge him as a possible successor to Saban. Alabama will be interested in Mario if he does well at Miami. But, if he does well at Miami, I really don’t think Mario would leave Miami for Alabama. This is one reason I feel like Mario was the “more right” hire for Miami than Kiffin. To me, I wanted either Mario or Kiffin. Glad we got Mario (although I would have been happy getting Kiffin but would have worried more that he would leave if he had success).
I would think(or hope) that Mario knows how much success his predecessors had and then left. I dont know why, maybe old age setting in but I believe Mario will do what the previous successful, title winning coaches at Miami didnt: win multiple titles and retire at Miami or at least pass the mantle to the next Mario. We will see.

I would think(or hope) that Mario knows how much success his predecessors had and then left. I dont know why, maybe old age setting in but I believe Mario will do what the previous successful, title winning coaches at Miami didnt: win multiple titles and retire at Miami or at least pass the mantle to the next Mario. We will see.
Unless pro ball comes calling. It was too tempting for Schnelly, JJ, Erickson, and Butch. If Mario has the same level of success, it may call him as well.

Advertisement
0 chance Mad Dog has watched a College Football game in the past 20 years. Dude has always made me laugh though. Wouldn’t take anything he says seriously. He’s made a career of screaming into a microphone long before guys like Skip Bayless even existed lol.

0 chance Mad Dog has watched a College Football game in the past 20 years. Dude has always made me laugh though. Wouldn’t take anything he says seriously. He’s made a career of screaming into a microphone long before guys like Skip Bayless even existed lol.
Can you imagine this guy with Skip 😂

Advertisement

I grew up in North Jersey. Many of day listening to Mike and the Mad Dog and smoozing with Steve Somers at night

ESPN just spent millions in creating and staffing the network. they're not just gonna give up on it right now
Busineses operate by trying to forecast the future and hedging their bets. They built up the ACCN because they thought things would remain teh same for a few years...then USC and UCLA moved. Changed the parameters.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He also talks a lot of Tennis.
Does he really? I don’t listen to him, I just know his main focus is baseball. I had no idea he was into tennis. Much appreciated bud.

When I do here snippets or he is doing a spot up here with local radio I find him to be pretty funny.

Advertisement
Back