MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
So, no one thinks ND stays Independent and the rest of the former P5 have to do something to survive??

So, no one thinks ND stays Independent and the rest of the former P5 have to do something to survive??

Thy are saying they will be leaving $50M a year on the table. Think about that. They will be at a $50M a year media disadvantage over the teams they are trying to compete against.

Advertisement
Playing Mississippi State, Mizzou, Vandy, etc. won't exactly be enthralling.

Again, plusses and minuses to both conferences and we don't even know what they'll actually look like next week or next year.

I've said I prefer the B1G because I also believe it'll essentially be a national conference too but I'm not gonna cry if we go to the SEC. I would cry it we stay in a watered down ACC trying to survive off "loose" alliances.
Yeah but playing Bama, Ga , okkie, and gayturds will be enthralling outside of the suckeyes no game in the big has that kinda zap. Not to mention LSU and ATM I know I was jacked up for the last two LSU games was there in person. I'll be jacked up for the ATM game in September is an understatement

I’m not believing anything that puts FSU in anywhere ahead of Miami. Logically it doesn’t add up when we all know this entire thing (realignment) revolves around one thing……. Money!

Miami is the elephant in the room market wise when comparing to FSU. It’s not even close.

And then others claiming “UF is trying to block Miami”. Lol!

Riiiight.. I’m sure the SEC cares what Gayville has to say when millions of dollars are on the board.
Politics. FSU budget woes become UF problems.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah but playing Bama, Ga , okkie, and gayturds will be enthralling outside of the suckeyes no game in the big has that kinda zap. Not to mention LSU and ATM I know I was jacked up for the last two LSU games was there in person. I'll be jacked up for the ATM game in September is an understatement

Thats actually a pretty good point I hadn't thought about. The B1G will be a coast to coast national conference with nearly every large TV market. SEC looks like it will stay a regional conference even after adding teams. I don't know if being a national conference balances out (or even tops) the recruiting bump from being a SEC school, but it's an interesting data point.

Advertisement
While for UM and FSU game rivalry I wish this true FSU does not compare to UM in academics. Not even close. Florida is considered academically a much tougher school to get into and the Gators also do not compare to the U. This shows you how far down the pole FSU really is. I actually feel for the Seminoles as they are in a terrible situation. As a Cane fan 1st I’m a State of Florida fan 2nd as this bodes ill for the State of Florida football.
According to latest propaganda:

Miami
42K applied
28% accepted
1415/32 Median SAT/ACT

FSU
74K applied
23% accepted
1360/30 Median SAT/ACT

UF
65K applied
27% accepted
1400/32 Median SAT/ACT

Obviously the makeup of who even applies to these schools varies dramatically in terms of "quality".

Your mileage may vary.

Thats actually a pretty good point I hadn't thought about. The B1G will be a coast to coast national conference with nearly every large TV market. SEC looks like it will stay a regional conference even after adding teams. I don't know if being a national conference balances out (or even tops) the recruiting bump from being a SEC school, but it's an interesting data point.
No disrespect to the BIG but the only advantage I see is an easier path to the CFP. Fans will have few to no games within driving distance to mention. And do we want to slide to the suckeyes level of being accused of an easy schedule.......call me old school but I'd rather duke it out with the men than fight at recess

I ain't arguing with the SEC tilts you're mentioning but there would be more than just OSU with similar juice.

We have a history already with Pedo State and Nebraska. Safe assumption that if we're joining then Notre Dame already joined too so there's another one plus we finally play USC too. It's not like a rivalry with Michigan might not happen or playing potentially high ranked Mich State or Iowa wouldn't be as enthralling as playing a possibly ranked Kentucky or Arky.

According to latest propaganda:

Miami
42K applied
28% accepted
1415/32 Median SAT/ACT

FSU
74K applied
23% accepted
1360/30 Median SAT/ACT

UF
65K applied
27% accepted
1400/32 Median SAT/ACT

Obviously the makeup of who even applies to these schools varies dramatically in terms of "quality".

Your mileage may vary.
ive always said UF and UM are basically the same tier academically no matter the ranking but in terms of quality education. they get diff students obviously but both their student body makeup are similar. FSU is a step below but they have improved over the years

Advertisement
Back