MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I wonder why the PAC isn’t trying to steal Big 12 schools (instead of the other way around)? If it happened that way, UCF could be really in trouble (unless the PAC targeted them as one to steal).

I talked about that earlier in an earlier post. Pac12 doesnt think the BIG12 offers them anything. Big12 is BY FAR the worst academic conference (Pac12 is arguably the smartest, though the acc has a legit claim). Since Texas is gone to the SEC, the big12 TV market is generally weak as well. No one wants to hitch their wagon to the Big12.

Advertisement
Bro....they made Ole Miss uncompetitive on purpose....they still remained the top $$$ making conference in CFB.

But make no mistake about it, they have their brand schools....Ole Miss wasn't invited and tried to crash the party and disciplined them...and the same would happen with us.

I’d see your point if everyone was still operating under the same rules as before. The under the table game has been weakened dramatically with NIL. Ole Miss is not Miami. It makes absolutely no sense for the SEC to hold Miami back with the area and market they’re in. Texas A&M showed that with their recruiting class. In addition, why do you think they added Texas and OU?

Advertisement
Since we are talking about SEC TV...
...I think I heard that none of the SEC games will be on Thursday or Fridays. (Well , except for maybe the day after Thanksgiving for select games. I don't think they would do that to us unless they make us play the Gators that day for rating boosts or something.)

Would be weird not to see the Canes play Thursday Nights anymore. Not saying it is positive or negative, just different.
We haven’t had a Thursday night game since the 2020 opener vs. UAB.

Advertisement
Can't wait for Gary Danielson to call some of our games :rolleyes:
Holy crap, no. No, I’m out.

Let’s revive the Big East, Russell Athletic apparel, just no Danielson.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

Could the ACC and Pac-10 be considering a "loose partnership?" If so, would this be worth sticking around for instead of bolting for the SEC/B1G?

https://www.johncanzano.com/p/canzano-pac-12-eyeing-loose-partnership
The amount of money we would be making in literally any other conference outside of the SEC/Big Ten would be chump change. There’s no other way to split it. No other marquee programs left outside of those two conferences and us and Clemson. Thats it

Agree with Vandy. Old school. In the last 20 years UF, UM, TX are the next group. When did TX and GA make a jump? UF and FSU made a jump too. The new USNWR ranking is kind of suspect.
US News,

Florida 29
Texas 39
Georgia 48
Miami 55

We used to be ahead of Florida.

Advertisement
I’d have to think the Big10 is very interested in Miami. Taking the LA and Miami market would be a huge coup for a super conference . If you strikeout on Miami, your only other choice for a Florida school is a ****** academic university located on the panhandle.

People aren’t taking into consideration the major push ESPN is going to do with the new SEC. Sure, Big 10 has programs nationwide but they have Fox which isn’t as impactful as ESPN from a marketing perspective.
Who had ESPN built up? CBS built up the SEC. The fox pregame show gets better rating than game day. NBA on TNT is better than whatever ESPN has. ESPN got Monday night football and now Sunday night football is the premier game

Advertisement
People aren’t taking into consideration the major push ESPN is going to do with the new SEC. Sure, Big 10 has programs nationwide but they have Fox which isn’t as impactful as ESPN from a marketing perspective.
I could get used to the SEC. It’s better to be in than not. Hopefully we get some good news relatively soon.

Some other scenarios for B10 and SEC.....

Did a UGA fan put this together?

Florida, S Carolina, Miami, FSU, Clemson, and UNC in the "coastal"

UGA, KY, Tennessee, Vandy, UVA, and WVU in "Appalachian" division

Thats precisely the type of bullsh!t I would expect from the SEC.

Could the ACC and Pac-10 be considering a "loose partnership?" If so, would this be worth sticking around for instead of bolting for the SEC/B1G?

https://www.johncanzano.com/p/canzano-pac-12-eyeing-loose-partnership

How in God's name does the Big 12 count "Washington DC" as one of its media markets? WVU? Are you kidding me?

That ****hole in Morgantown is WAAAAY closer to Pittsburgh than "Washington DC". As if anyone in "Washington DC" gives a **** about WVU...

Some other scenarios for B10 and SEC.....

Utah, Boston College, and Arizona really don't make much sense. Kansas and Colorado too simply because they don't really provide much regarding football.

Like Why in the **** would anyone want Boston College over Duke, Pitt, GTech, TCU, Texas Tech, Cal, or even ASU?

Advertisement
Back