MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I hear ya. Again, I don’t like it, but understand the necessity of the decision.

In a better scenario, our +1 would be ND and not Clemson. By partnering with the Domers, we could ride their coattails to the B1G. However, I trust Rad and if we are indeed partnering with Clemson, that tells me ND said “no” or he doesn’t trust ND and does not want to risk being left on the sideline.
Can't ride the coattails of a team trying to block you from joining.

Advertisement
The ACC is a basketball first conference and has always been. Tobacco Road has ran it for a while. Each SEC conference member gets the same amount of money. What exactly are you concerned about. Most of Miami’s problems have been their own Admin. Not the conference.
If you think we would get equal treatment to the legacy programs of the SEC then I don’t know what to tell you. You cited A&M as someone they treat well. How about when they courted and offered Texas without A&M’s input just a couple of years after they joined to get away from UT?

What if I told you guys that this has all been a hallucination? That the year is really 1998 and that we all just ate some realllllly bad shellfish at the Big East Conference summer meetings in Piscataway, NJ?

I'm kinda liking this roster Butch Davis is assembling. Keep an eye on that UCLA game this season.
Did Butch DAW GAWD shoot JR then??

If you think we would get equal treatment to the legacy programs of the SEC then I don’t know what to tell you. You cited A&M as someone they treat well. How about when they courted and offered Texas without A&M’s input just a couple of years after they joined to get away from UT?
Can you two just go get a room because it doesn’t matter -whether in the ACC or the SEC or the Big Ten we will always be the new guy and it’s unlikely to change so who gives a ****

Advertisement
For those arguing against joining the SEC simply for the potential mistreatment...I have two things for you.

1. Nothing can be worse than what we experienced in the ACC. How many examples do we need to go over? Remember Richt filing a complaint because we hadn't had a holding call in our favor for a ridiculous amount of games?

2. You really think the BIG would treat us like royalty? You think Ohio State, Notre Dame, (when they join), Nebraska, Penn State, and all those white boys are going to treat Miami well? C'mon now, stop playing.

We're going to be treated like Miami, regardless of where we go.

Can you two just go get a room because it doesn’t matter -whether in the ACC or the SEC or the Big Ten we will always be the new guy and it’s unlikely to change so who gives a ****
Unfortunately, you are right and the reality is when you’re at the mercy of others you take what you can get. In this case, we at least have a puncher’s chance and seat at the table.

For those arguing against joining the SEC simply for the potential mistreatment...I have two things for you.

1. Nothing can be worse than what we experienced in the ACC. How many examples do we need to go over? Remember Richt filing a complaint because we hadn't had a holding call in our favor for a ridiculous amount of games?

2. You really think the BIG would treat us like royalty? You think Ohio State, Notre Dame, (when they join), Nebraska, Penn State, and all those white boys are going to treat Miami well? C'mon now, stop playing.

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
@OrangeBowlMagic my disdain for the SEC clouds my judgment...

What the **** is going to happen if we end up in that God forsaken conference?

Thanks a lot ACC, you’re making us have to go play in the Confederacy because yall couldn’t stop gerrymandering for Duke & UNC Basketball, Tobacco Road literally ruined this conference from the inside...

Miami in the SEC just feels dirty smh, this sh*t ain’t right fam, just thinking about it smh...

Hold on I think I’m gonna be sick 🤢

gagging-gif-21.gif
This is EXACTLY where I'm at. I will NEVER chant SEC for any reason. Its like saying I may not have the biggest **** in the room, but my rival over there does.. so I'll like a groupie and cheer for him while he bangs for the title.

The only things I don't hate about joining the SEC would be the location and the get out of jail (NCAA) free card all their name brands get to play.

If this is what the SEC wants.. a fully invested version of Miami that's throwing around money like it grows on trees, with a top tier AD and elite recruiting staff then I say fck it, lets do it but be careful what you wish for. Nothing would make their smug, old money boosters angrier than watching their kids chant SEC SEC SEC in support of the bad boys from Miami. And I'm here for it.

Massively different in my opinion. The Colosseum is being run by US C after getting the rights to do so by the city and it is right across the street from their campus. I’m not sure that I see Jon Ruiz working out all that money and then just saying hey guys you go run it

He would. He wants the other stuff.

Here is the amount of conversations Miami has had with the ACC about partnering up with the Pac 12….
raz degan isola 12 GIF by Isola dei Famosi
Meme Reaction GIF by GIPHY News
Drag Queen No GIF by One Day At A Time
Football Running GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

FWIW I wasn't talking about an ACC merger with the BigPac12. I meant UM leaving behind a dying conference. I expect Rad knows it's over for the ACC because of that terrible TV deal, so it's not worth engaging with the ACC leadership for anything besides negotiating the exit fee. I know it's going to be SEC or B1G. Still, it will be interesting to see which conference or group of teams signs a deal with Prime or Netflix first. Would be funny if it was some conference like the AAC and they were making as much money as the P2 even though they wouldn't ever really be considered for the playoffs.

Advertisement
Did you not see how the ACC continually handcuffed us to protect their native sons despite us being a big draw? The SEC is more concerned with Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. being successful than miami. Once we are in, they have the TV markets, and the contract is negotiated, where exactly are we going if we don’t like the rules or how they are applied?
Because even though we laugh at the “SEC SEC SECl” chant it’s about embracing that what’s best for the conference is the best team winning and in turn helps the conference prestige

Unlike Tobacco Road which at times wanted to drag the Carolina schools up at the detriment of the better schools… ***** the ACC it is and always was a basketball conference

This^

The mid west blue bloods in the big 10 aren't going to bend over backwards welcoming Miami into their conference. Nobody is. The ACC still hates us and we've been a member for what, 17 years now?

Advertisement

Ridiculous example. Did you expect the other 13 SEC teams to deny Texas, the crown jewel of teams the SEC could get and a massive, massive money generator admission because TAMU wanted regional exclusivity? That's actually why everyone gets a vote, to keep petty, selfish wants by one school from preventing what is best for the conference from being achieved.

The money, rights, and everything else are equal, by rule. Once you're in, you're in. We get what Alabama gets. Which is the same thing Vandy gets.

I'll ask you again, what unfair treatment are you worried about homie?

Who said it would be owned by UM? I said we need to own the REVENUE that we generate for OUR EVENTS. At a bare minimum.

And we could OPERATE the stadium, same as USC does in Los Angeles.
Renting from Ruiz ... just like the OB and Hard Rock. Managed by Ruiz is how I interpreted his "proposal" to build a stadium. Might be lower rent and a split of concession revenues (profits).

Ridiculous example. Did you expect the other 13 SEC teams to deny Texas, the crown jewel of teams the SEC could get and a massive, massive money generator admission because TAMU wanted regional exclusivity? That's actually why everyone gets a vote, to keep petty, selfish wants by one school from preventing what is best for the conference from being achieved.

The money, rights, and everything else are equal, by rule. Once you're in, you're in. We get what Alabama gets. Which is the same thing Vandy gets.

I'll ask you again, what unfair treatment are you worried about homie?
Let me put it this way. As someone else said, whether we go SEC or B10, we’re the new kid, and it’s not like we were given some great treatment at the ACC. Even if we knew we were going to get ****ed, how, and when, we would still have to go, so it’s candidly irrelevant.

My big concern with the SEC in particular is we get in and they craft some rules to neuter our newfound recruiting benefactors. SEC schools have a much stronger recruiting presence in SFL (save Ohio State). It is to their benefit that we suck or cannot compete. That’s it. But again, we have to take the leap regardless of that coming to fruition or being realistic or not, because the alternative is guaranteed irrelevance.

Because even though we laugh at the “SEC SEC SECl” chant it’s about embracing that what’s best for the conference is the best team winning and in turn helps the conference prestige

Unlike Tobacco Road which at times wanted to drag the Carolina schools up at the detriment of the better schools… ***** the ACC it is and always was a basketball conference

I mean, I hear what you're saying, but it's still beta as **** to root for ONE OF YOUR RIVALS simply because they are your conference representative.

I can grasp the logical impact of a strong conference without ever opening up my mouth to chant the conference name, or support a school (by default) that is not my own.

Advertisement
Back