MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Did you not see how the ACC continually handcuffed us to protect their native sons despite us being a big draw? The SEC is more concerned with Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. being successful than miami. Once we are in, they have the TV markets, and the contract is negotiated, where exactly are we going if we don’t like the rules or how they are applied?

Exactly what rules are you worried about? If you think the SEC Championship is moving from Atlanta, you're going to be disappointed. :)

Advertisement
I’m on record as being pro-B1G.

I don’t like the SEC. The SEC’s institutions, lack of academics, fans, history of bigotry, and sense of elitism are abhorrent. However, we are in an environment where it’s kill or be killed. We must make alliances with unexpected foes (Clemson), while distancing ourselves from historic rivals (F$U) to preserve our future.

The same can be said for joining the SEC (I shudder to write those letters) over the B1G. We may not like it. We may not share the same ideological or academic pursuits, but when it comes to our survival, we must adapt. Joining the SEC might very well be essential for our continued existence as a football power.

Last edited:
Ruiz said he would build a stadium .... not donate the stadium .... and HE would run it using it to generate revenue by holding High School state championship games, concerts etc. Maybe the rent would be less than Hard Rock and the concession split more favorable ... but it won't be owned by UM.

Who said it would be owned by UM? I said we need to own the REVENUE that we generate for OUR EVENTS. At a bare minimum.

And we could OPERATE the stadium, same as USC does in Los Angeles.

Advertisement
What if I told you guys that this has all been a hallucination? That the year is really 1998 and that we all just ate some realllllly bad shellfish at the Big East Conference summer meetings in Piscataway, NJ?

I'm kinda liking this roster Butch Davis is assembling. Keep an eye on that UCLA game this season.

What if I told you guys that this has been a hallucination? That the year is really 1998 and that we all just ate some realllllly bad shellfish at the Big East Conference summer meetings in Piscataway, NJ?

I'm kinda liking this roster Butch Davis is assembling. Keep an eye on that UCLA game this season.
Just wish it was later in the season, I’d like our chances more.

Who said it would be owned by UM? I said we need to own the REVENUE that we generate for OUR EVENTS. At a bare minimum.

And we could OPERATE the stadium, same as USC does in Los Angeles.
Massively different in my opinion. The Colosseum is being run by US C after getting the rights to do so by the city and it is right across the street from their campus. I’m not sure that I see Jon Ruiz working out all that money and then just saying hey guys you go run it

I actually wouldn’t mind staying in the ACC if it we could simply rework a new TV deal, but it appears that ship has sailed & this conference is on it’s Deathbed.

I’d like to go to the Big XII, but that’s mainly just based on how much I hate the SEC & the idea of being the top dog in that conference with Texas & Oklahoma leaving, we’d be by far the best team in that conference.

But from a financial standpoint the SEC & B1G make the most sense.

The future

Big12/Pac12 could make a seriously competitive move by signing a deal with Amazon Prime or Netflix (probably Amazon because they already have live sports). Bezos would pay out the wazoo for that original content.

ESPN has 76 million subscribers and the number is dropping at a 10%/ yr clip, whereas Amazon Prime as 200+ million subscribers and its growing (Netflix also has 200+ million).

ND hates the B1G but might have to join by default, and I don't think they want to join the sec. Everyone knows they want to stay independent. They could affiliate with the Big12 (like they did with ACC) , but keep their NBC exclusive deal. I think the BigPac12 might have to dump some deadweight though and bring up its academics. Having Oregon, Stanford, Washington, ND, and Miami would really help.

Id be happy to see UM in a revamped BigPac12 with an annual matchup against ND. Also avoids a lot of weather concerns about B1G and getting screwed by good ol' boys in SEC. Miami would have a recruiting footprint in Florida, Texas, and California. That's as good as it gets!

We'll start our own conference
bender-futurama.gif

Advertisement
I’m on record as being pro-B1G.

I don’t like the SEC. The SEC’s institutions, lack of academics, fans, history of bigotry, and sense of elitism are abhorrent. However, we are in an environment where it’s kill or be killed. We must make alliances with unexpected foes (Clemson), while distancing ourselves from historic rivals (F$U) to preserve our future.

The same can be said for joining the SEC (I shudder to write those letters) over the B1G. We may not like it. We may not share the same ideological or academic pursuits, but when it comes to our survival we must adapt because joining the SEC might very well be essential for our continued existence as a football power.
SEC it is u have too....we can smash the SEC with Mario

Indeed. The B1G grabbed the West Coast media market. SEC would be smart to get the Miami market to ensure to cut out the B1G down south.
That is the way I feel. I do not think the SEC really wants us but they may want to keep the Big Ten from getting into Florida which could help us.

Advertisement
The future

Big12/Pac12 could make a seriously competitive move by signing a deal with Amazon Prime or Netflix (probably Amazon because they already have live sports). Bezos would pay out the wazoo for that original content.

ESPN has 76 million subscribers and the number is dropping at a 10%/ yr clip, whereas Amazon Prime as 200+ million subscribers and its growing (Netflix also has 200+ million).

ND hates the B1G but might have to join by default, and I don't think they want to join the sec. Everyone knows they want to stay independent. They could affiliate with the Big12 (like they did with ACC) , but keep their NBC exclusive deal. I think the BigPac12 might have to dump some deadweight though and bring up its academics. Having Oregon, Stanford, Washington, ND, and Miami would really help.

Id be happy to see UM in a revamped BigPac12 with an annual matchup against ND. Also avoids a lot of weather concerns about B1G and getting screwed by good ol' boys in SEC. Miami would have a recruiting footprint in Florida, Texas, and California. That's as good as it gets!
You must want purple unicorns too because there’s no way that scenario is happening

Advertisement
Did you not see how the ACC continually handcuffed us to protect their native sons despite us being a big draw? The SEC is more concerned with Bama, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. being successful than miami. Once we are in, they have the TV markets, and the contract is negotiated, where exactly are we going if we don’t like the rules or how they are applied?

The ACC is a basketball first conference and has always been. Tobacco Road has ran it for a while. Each SEC conference member gets the same amount of money. What exactly are you concerned about. Most of Miami’s problems have been their own Admin. Not the conference.

SEC it is u have too....we can smash the SEC with Mario
I hear ya. Again, I don’t like it, but understand the necessity of the decision.

In a better scenario, our +1 would be ND and not Clemson. By partnering with the Domers, we could ride their coattails to the B1G. However, I trust Rad and if we are indeed partnering with Clemson, that tells me ND said “no” or he doesn’t trust ND and does not want to risk being left on the sideline.

Advertisement
Back